R.I.P. JUDAS :( :( R.I.P MISTY :( :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my new girl, she is one of Barbara's babies from the first clutch and was born on 7/17. Her proud parents are Ms. Tiggs & PVT Blaze. As we know, all Barb's beardies are spoiled.
She had a long trip from CA yesterday, all the way to NY. She arrived 12:30 today. She is gorgeous, has orange colored eyes and is a real sweetie.
IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

I had a problem with Photobucket, promise to put up more pics later. She had a bath, ate a few greens & a little squash as well as 2 crickets. She has been cuddled quite a bit already. And, as Barbara knows, she loves to run up your hand & arm when you try to put her back in. :D
Her stress marks are gone right now, she laid on my lap and snuggled into my hand. :shock:

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Yes, she seemed to, once she got over the fact that I was forcing the syringe in the side of her mouth, she's o.k. with the cc tho, just doesn't seem to like a lot of it at one time.

MissT

BD.org Addict
I use that with Kazi at the minute. I also use the oxbow carnivore care twice per week if he isn't taking much protein (it is in red packaging). The CC you have ordered is difficult to mix and clumps together a lot-it is very coarse. The directions say 1part cc to 3 parts water but I do 1 part CC to maybe 10 parts water. I only half fill the syringe because you need to pull it ck and 'shake' it when it clumps in the tip. Kazi usually enjoys it tho but he dies have 'off' days. he likes it when the smaller clumps land on his nose because he can chew them! I tried it with a spoonbut he wouldn't take it. Brandon is using it too- he makes it thicker, puts it on a spoon and puts Naughticas superworms on it which she seems to like.

I'm glad Giz has calmed. Sorry to hear he might have fallen. Perhaps something spooked him and he just lost his grip! :(

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
This is not good, it's raining again and now the wind is picking up.

Guess I didn't make the right choice. :( I thought the flavors might entice him and also give him a boost. He doesn't like anything thick and I guess I will be added LOTS of liquid. I don't plan on forcefeeding as that stresses him out so much. I'm hoping he will just lick it off his nose. Brandon is the one that mentioned it to me.

Giz is a very high stepper now, I think because of diminished muscle tone from when he was so sick and immobile. I have to watch him when he is walking around on the carpet to make sure he doesn't step so high that he topples over. In his tank, he only has his stone hide and hollowed out log. I even put a towel over his tile to make it easier for him to get around. I don't know whatelse I can do to make it easier and safer for him. :( He's such a worry.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
The news I'm watching is talking about a dam in "upstate NY" which from the map they showed it's somewhere in central eastern New York state. Anyway, this dam has water flowing over the top of the dam. I hope it isn't the dam near your home, Diane.

About the cc you purchased, if he likes the taste, you might not have to force feed him. Does he eat willingly enough? Goldie hasn't been, not really, she's been taking food but Bill has to sort-of fight with her to get her to eat.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
The dam was on the news. Was it the Philmont dam Lori? If so, that's the one.

Sometimes it takes a lot of encouragement to get him to eat a few feeders. But he will lick baby food, etc off his nose without a problem, at least a little bit.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Oh no! I really hope the dam doesn't burst.

Diane, the CC you got is te better of the two if you don't want too much additional protein. It has a sweet, kind of anaseed smell to it too which seems to help. I also like it because I can add all that extra water to it so Kazi gets plenty of oral hydration that way. It also says to mix it with warm water- I do the 3parts hot water and mix really well then add the 7 parts cold water which seems to help with the mixing. Because there is lots of water in there, Kazi doesn't seem to notice the texture too much either :D

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Thanks Christina, that's good to know. I think its texture that Giz doesn't like so hopefully the extra water would help. Will let you know how he likes it. Kazi & Giz sure sound a lot alike.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I don't remember the name of the dam but I believe it was a shorter name.

edit: I think it's in Shohare county and the water at the dam has crested and it looks like the problem isn't as bad as they were talking about earlier.

MissT

BD.org Addict
I hope that it isn't the dam near Diane- I hope hers holds up.

Has anyone heard from Vicky or Michele??

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I haven't. I sent a pm to Vicky yesterday asking about her when I read somewhere that they were evacuating (stressful! believe me!) but they were fine and weren't evacuating.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
beardie parents":3rjjw1q2 said:
I don't remember the name of the dam but I believe it was a shorter name.

edit: I think it's in Shohare county and the water at the dam has crested and it looks like the problem isn't as bad as they were talking about earlier.
Oh, ok, in Schoharie, we're in Columbia County. Some type of official (probably EnCon) and the fire co is across the road from our house now checking out the creek and bridge that connects to the reservoir.

Vicky and I have been emailing back & forth. They are getting some rain and wind gusts like we are again. Michele hasn't been online since late last night, I suspect she lost power but she does have a friend staying with her so she isn't alone anyway. Her webcam isn't working either. She said she rec'd a text message from her elec light co stating that if they lost power, to not expect it back for several days. :roll:

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I'm not surprised that Michelle is out of power. The news I listened to earlier today has about 4 million people on the east coast without power because of the hurricane. It seems that the only one (I know of) that's out of power from this board is Michelle. I hope she and her babies are all o.k.

I'm glad Vicky is o.k. as she's gone through too much (health wise also) this last year.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
We lost our phone and internet again, it just came back on. Several people in the area are without power now including my mom and niece. The wind gusts are still very bad.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
How's everything today, Diane, did you lose power, too? I'll check back later to see if you're on the site.
I hope all is well with everyone who had to contend with Irene yesterday. I'm luckily in Vancouver & I just keep thinking of what you're having to deal with.
Praying you're all ok and sending lots of hugs
Deb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom