Post Pictures of your Beardies' Housemates! *PIC HEAVY!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiantha

Hatchling Member
Wow I have...I had two Parrolettes for about 5 years. However they fought and one did kill the other then died within a month...of being lonely I honestly believe. Like some married couples out there they liked to fight.

I have had limited contact with lovebirds and I wouldn't give up my finches for anything. My gang is great.

ashesc212

Sub-Adult Member
Tiantha,

Great pics! What a nice family. Your horse and birds are SO beautiful.

How's your beardie take to all those birds being around though? My beardie is as afraid of birds and planes as I am spiders, and that's REALLY bad.

Artieboo

So yeah I dont usually post things but I wanted to show off my "baby boys"... Going to go in order of when I got the stud muffins...Warning lots of pictures of dragons...

Artie when we first got him
newpics012-1.jpg

Artie a lot older
newpics121.jpg

newpics021-1.jpg

Artie the Great checking him self out in the mirror
newpics011-1.jpg

newpics023.jpg

And who is that? oh its Artie's new brother..back when both were smaller..Meet Boo the Bouncer
newpics027-1.jpg

newpics027-2.jpg

Boo is considered the pretty boy in the family...lol
newpics025-2.jpg

He liked to pose this way...lol
newpics012-2.jpg

newpics018-1.jpg

newpics068.jpg

"What are you looking at?"
newpics016-2.jpg

newpics007-2.jpg
We kept telling him that he eats crickets, not becomes friends with them..lol
newpics025.jpg

Chirstmas Time!!!
newpics027.jpg

And finally the some what new edition..CRICKET the hidden dragon
when we first got him
newpics066.jpg

newpics015-1.jpg

He is on Artie's back to compare sizes..
newpics020-1.jpg

newpics030.jpg

Hiding in the Christmas tree..lol
newpics012.jpg

"you talking to me?"
newpics032-1.jpg

newpics045.jpg

newpics061.jpg

So there you have them..Those are my boyfriend and I's baby boys..Thanks for looking

atreyu917

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ibonedbatman":5539a said:
OH MY GOD. I WANT A HEDGEHOG, but I never knew where to get one. :(

meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee toooooooooooooo. Depending on what state you're from they may be hard to find because they're illegal to own. I live in GA, and GA sucks because they are illegal to have here. I'm gonna smuggle one in one of these days though...haha.

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Hedgehogs are awesome - they are so much fun. They are a lot of work though and have very specific requirements. If you're going to get one, go through a reputable breeder (NEVER a pet store!) and do your research ahead of time. And make sure you have a good exotics vet lined up - they are prone to several different illnesses, and you'll need quick access to a vet if they get sick. Not trying to put you off... these are things I wish I had known ahead of time. It would have made things easier! :D

atreyu917

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Jasper's Mom":23c10 said:
Hedgehogs are awesome - they are so much fun. They are a lot of work though and have very specific requirements. If you're going to get one, go through a reputable breeder (NEVER a pet store!) and do your research ahead of time. And make sure you have a good exotics vet lined up - they are prone to several different illnesses, and you'll need quick access to a vet if they get sick. Not trying to put you off... these are things I wish I had known ahead of time. It would have made things easier! :D

it just sucks cause i'm sure most breeders know they're illegal and won't ship to GA. I'm not in the market to get anymore animals anytime soon so I haven't done that much research on them...yet! I was reading about their diet and such and it does seem pretty complicated. I haven't read much about their diseases though. I have an excellent exotic vet though that I used to work for. He still takes care of my snakes and beardies! Sounds like you may have got one then lost him, what happened? And do you know any good books or care sheets that I can get to prepare for one?
Thanks for the warning though! I honestly probably would have gotten one from a pet store in TN where my brother lives before you said that.

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
I did lose my first hedgehog Irwin, but not through poor husbandry. He had a neurological disease called Wobbly Hedgehog Syndrome. I didn't know that when I adopted him, but even if I had, I would have still adopted him. Besides WHS, they are prone to oral and reproductive cancers, all of which are very expensive to treat! Thank goodness for my vet - he was able to give Irwin a better quality of life for the time that I had him. I would recommend http://www.chins-n-quills.com/forums/ to get information about husbandry - it's not exactly a warm & fuzzy forum, but the information is good. I don't mean to make it sound like owning hedgehogs is all heartbreak and vet bills - it's not. They are hilarious little animals and can be extremely rewarding. Here are some pics of my little Irwin, RIP.

irwin3.jpg

face.jpg

irwin18.jpg

atreyu917

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Jasper's Mom":75762 said:
I did lose my first hedgehog Irwin, but not through poor husbandry. He had a neurological disease called Wobbly Hedgehog Syndrome. I didn't know that when I adopted him, but even if I had, I would have still adopted him. Besides WHS, they are prone to oral and reproductive cancers, all of which are very expensive to treat! Thank goodness for my vet - he was able to give Irwin a better quality of life for the time that I had him. I would recommend http://www.chins-n-quills.com/forums/ to get information about husbandry - it's not exactly a warm & fuzzy forum, but the information is good. I don't mean to make it sound like owning hedgehogs is all heartbreak and vet bills - it's not. They are hilarious little animals and can be extremely rewarding. Here are some pics of my little Irwin, RIP.

irwin3.jpg

face.jpg

irwin18.jpg

I love that last picture. Makes him look like he is wearing a prickly hat! haha. I'm sorry for your loss....its always hard. I lost my first guinea pig when I was 17 and you know I bawled my eyes out. I definitely don't want to get a hedgehog till my animal load is smaller. I would hate to get one and not be able to financially support him if he got sick. But they're definitely interesting to read about in the meantime! But thank you for making me aware of the fact that there is more to them than it looks. I really thought they might not be much more care than a rat or guinea pig. Definitely wrong!

Eventide

Hatchling Member
Artieboo":232f0 said:

Oh, my, this one made me laugh!!! I can't tell if he's plotting world domination or if he just got caught doing something naughty. :mrgreen:

Here's my zoo....

Zathras, het blizzard leopard gecko
zathras03.jpg

Irulan, normal ball python
irulan06.jpg

Isis, a Brazilian rainbow boa
isis01.jpg

Shai-Hulud (or just Shy), an Ocellated Skink
shaihulud02.jpg

And, of course, Leto and Ghanima
letoghanima05.jpg

I should have a Lesser Platinum ball python and some fat-tail geckos within the next couple months, too.

Artieboo

Eventide":302ce said:
Artieboo":302ce said:

Oh, my, this one made me laugh!!! I can't tell if he's plotting world domination or if he just got caught doing something naughty. :mrgreen:

Oh he definitely got caught..he is always up to no good, but thats why I love him!! lol

Tiantha

Hatchling Member
ashesc212 on Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:53 am
Tiantha,

Great pics! What a nice family. Your horse and birds are SO beautiful.

How's your beardie take to all those birds being around though? My beardie is as afraid of birds and planes as I am spiders, and that's REALLY bad.

Thanks. I have found most animals will desensitize over time. Humans... we get that irrational fear thing going because we think too much about it.

FYI one animal I truly fear...spiders. Arachnids! All of them specifically and inclusive of....horseshoe crabs.

Eventide

Hatchling Member
Artieboo":984cd said:
Aww..This is one of the cutest beardie picture I have ever seen... :laughing6: I love it!!!

Aww, thanks! :D They sure do seem to love each other. I've even seen both of them cram together on the same hammock to sleep despite that they don't quite fit on it (and I'm always surprised the suction cups hold both of them).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom