Pooping while asleep...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofcourseilikepasta

Hatchling Member
Gary just pooped completely in the middle of the night... :( it's about 3:40 AM here, I woke up to the smell of his poop. I feel like that's not normal but can't find anything about it on the internet talking about it really...

DaisyDragon123

Sub-Adult Member
The last person on here who had a dragon that would poo in its sleep had parasites. Has your dragon had a fecal check? Is the poo really stinky or runny?

ofcourseilikepasta

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
We took him to the vet a couple months ago and had him checked and he didn't have parasites. He had full blood work done as well and all was good... I don't know if he could've gotten parasites somehow in that time? Yeah, it smells, but like I said the vet said he was all clear of parasites :( so I don't really know what to think. He's never done this before. I'm very worried.

DaisyDragon123

Sub-Adult Member
Maybe it was just one of those things. If it happens again I would recheck for parasites. Or, if the poo is abnormally smelly I would drop off a fecal sample for the vet to recheck. I'm sure others will post shortly.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Well, sometimes you get up to make a visit to the toilet , as do other animals kept as pets (dogs, cats, rats, birds, etc) so why would a lizard be different.

Really if you have to go , then you have to go .

I wouldn't obsess over it unless it becomes a habit, just clean it up , get rid of the smelly stuff , and go back to bed.

ofcourseilikepasta

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Alright. The only reason I got worried was because I could only find one post about this on here and the person basically said it wasn't normal so I got worried.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It may be just a one time thing.....did he eat late by chance ? Are the overnight temps. really warm ?

ofcourseilikepasta

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He didn't eat late, no. But it might've been that he was too warm. We like to have our room be really cold at night so we leave the window open and put his CHE over him. Maybe I need to move it farther away from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom