Urgent!: Each poop gets worse

Nikki.D

Hatchling Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Garnie
As suggested, I took my bearded dragon out in the sun for a while. The sun perked him up! So he ended up doing a pretty big poop. However, it was liquid and had the piece of red in it again. I am deeply concerned about this ongoing poop problem. According to my sister, his poop stank but I couldn't smell it. Before he pooped he had some twitches, maybe because he needs more vitamin D3 so I want to get a supplement that has it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. By the way, I provided shade for him.

Attachments

• IMG_4218.jpeg
    IMG_4218.jpeg
    372.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_4222.jpeg
    IMG_4222.jpeg
    300.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_4217.jpeg
    IMG_4217.jpeg
    203.2 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_4219.jpeg
    IMG_4219.jpeg
    200.3 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4220.jpeg
    IMG_4220.jpeg
    221.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_4221.jpeg
    IMG_4221.jpeg
    153 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_4223.jpeg
    IMG_4223.jpeg
    379.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_4224.jpeg
    IMG_4224.jpeg
    222.9 KB · Views: 44

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He definitely appears pretty alert there, in the sun, mouth open, probably from getting warm?
The red appears more orange to me, but, that could just be from viewing it on the computer screen.
Can you review your UVB lighting & supplementation again? Sometimes oversupplementation, or just
simply something they are eating causes discoloration of the stool or urates, in general.

Tracie

Nikki.D

Hatchling Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Garnie
Hello,

He definitely appears pretty alert there, in the sun, mouth open, probably from getting warm?
The red appears more orange to me, but, that could just be from viewing it on the computer screen.
Can you review your UVB lighting & supplementation again? Sometimes oversupplementation, or just
simply something they are eating causes discoloration of the stool or urates, in general.

Tracie
Yes it was around 31 degrees Celsius outside. When I looked at the poop it looked pretty red to me. He has a https://www.petcircle.com.au/product/exo-terra-reptile-uvb150-desert-bulb/rp143 which I change every six months. I have heard that coils are no good but only coils fit in the screw. I only sometimes sprinkle supplements on his salad but usually when I do he won’t eat it. His supplements are Pisces Complete Reptile Supplement Pack and Bee Pollen to feed Bearded Dragons - Reptile Realm. I was thinking of getting this for him but I am not too sure https://www.petcircle.com.au/product/exo-terra-supplement-electrolyte-vitamin-d3/rp276. Thanks for responding.

Nikki.D

Hatchling Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Garnie
Hello,

Tracie
Hi, sorry to be a pain but do you have any more advice.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
To me it looks like it has some undigested insects in it--- I am going to have AHBD take a look at it --- are not feeding any supplements at all?
@AHBD

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
How is he acting now in general ? Sunshine is great for them so do that whenever you can, outside but with shade provided for sure.
The poo doesn't look bad, might be a little over supplemented so don't do any extra vitamins or D3, especially if he has access to good uvb/sunlight every day.
They might twitch during a poo or other times very briefly and it means nothing unless it's constant and very evident.

Nikki.D

Hatchling Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Garnie
To me it looks like it has some undigested insects in it--- I am going to have AHBD take a look at it --- are not feeding any supplements at all?
@AHBD
This week I haven’t given him insects but I will soon. He eats wood roaches that I breed. I only sometimes give him supplements but he usually won’t touch his salad if I do. Thanks for your help.

Nikki.D

Hatchling Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Garnie
How is he acting now in general ? Sunshine is great for them so do that whenever you can, outside but with shade provided for sure.
The poo doesn't look bad, might be a little over supplemented so don't do any extra vitamins or D3, especially if he has access to good uvb/sunlight every day.
They might twitch during a poo or other times very briefly and it means nothing unless it's constant and very evident.
Well, right now he is under his hammock. Since I have put a blanket on his hammock he seems to love to go underneath it. Despite his hammock being on the cooler side. He is not very active in his enclosure but he gets a lot more active if I put him in the sun. He usually eats his salad every day unless I put supplements on it. Sometimes when I pick him up he makes this gasping noisee, does he have a respiratory infection? He does have tremors a little too much for my liking. One time after a bath he had tremors, eating roaches and a couple of other times. Thanks for your reply.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom