Status
Not open for further replies.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
This is the stool that I sat on, that wasn't good enough of a cover for MoMo:

sterilite-molded-plastic-step-stool-13108006_195981_175.jpg

Then I ended up with this (but in black) when she finally went into her old hole and started digging:

folding-soccer-chair-unique-soccer-coaches-gifts.jpg

sue09

Hatchling Member
I bet you ached for ages after sitting on them,poor girl she must be drained surely she has to stop laying soon. I think she is soooooo cute ,Sue . :D

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
So did the 2nd chair work? Or did she not consider that safe either. Well, hopefully, she can get her fat pads back (and how she's the same weight I don't know either, Sweetie always lost and gained 100 grams each time) and leave off the egg laying for another year. She is a character :mrgreen: Keeps you hopping, for sure.

So what was Gianna going to do to MoMo in the video, I just saw her put herself on top of MoMo and the video ended. Was she being a good niece?

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
MoMo only felt safe between my feet and under my butt; anything else was a no-no because she'd keep stopping and look around to see if anything was coming to get her.
It wasn't until she was in the hole that I brought out the folding chair.

If I remember correctly, MoMo's first year of egg laying was the same as Digi and Sweetie, where she lost almost 100 grams in between clutches. It was because of the drastic weight loss that I ended over feeding them both and they ended up so fat :(

I had completely forgotten that Gianna was in that video. She was very agitated that MoMo kept moving around and pounced on her. Nothing happened though, because I put Gianna on time-out (we don't misbehave like that around here).

Thanks, Sue, for visiting. Yeah, I ached for the remainder of the night, but thank god for ibuprofen :)

MoMo slept with me again last night, and she never moved a scale all night long. I actually had to wake her up after 9am.
She drank tons of water, ate about 8 supers, and lots of greens. Oh, she also ate 5 cheerios. I should be expecting a very big poop tomorrow.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I spent nearly the entire day going through my old blog posts, and boy am I depressed.
There were so many stories about Felix and Oscar that I had forgotten about. The only good part about reading the posts was knowing that I made a difference in their lives.
There also were posts about Sammie :(

It made me giggle in the heart when I read Pookie's baby posts, when I thought he was a she.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Sometimes it's hard to look back, even though it's good, too, to know how much good you did. Glad Pookie's baby pictures helped ease your heart. I thought Sweetie was a boy until she laid eggs when she was 2 :lol:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
A little ditty about Zim first:

From my FB on 9/4, 7:22pm
Crazy dog!
I had bought a box of biscuits from Target earlier today and left the bag (which contained other stuff) in front of the linen closet. Just a few minutes ago, Zim walked down the hall and started to investigate the bags (as he always does with any and all bags) then quickly disappeared from the hall (his butt/tail was visible around the corner). I then heard strange sounds coming from that vicinity and as my curiosity got the best of me, I quietly walked over to investigate. To my surprise, I saw him in the bedroom, intently chewing on the corner of the biscuit box, opening a hole. No matter how hard I tugged and grabbed, he would not let go (he had one paw on the box).
If I hadn't walked in when I did, he would've gotten that box opened and eaten who knows how many biscuits. OY!

Next, MoMo's morning poop was a complete mess. It was a huge puddle of blackness. There were a few traces of poo, but it was so small and stringy that I almost missed it. She was fine, ate breakfast and was alert. Then, around 2:30pm, I suddenly smelled poop again, but thought that I was imagining it because everyone had already pooped (well, for exception of Digi and Pookie, but she was deep inside her cave and he was on the couch with me). I decided to investigate the smell and immediately saw MoMo in her poop stance on top of the cave that Digi's in. Not only did she release more icky fluids, but there was actually poop this time, a big one too. But this is not the strange part. Next to the big poo were 3 other rounded mass, one slightly smaller than the other two. After taking a second look, I quickly realized that they were eggs. Yes, EGGS! She had 3 more eggs in her belly! This makes a total of 33 eggs for her 4th clutch, and a grand total of 150 for 2014!
smiley5291.gif

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
pookie_7th-bday.jpg

pookie_7th-bday1.jpg

pookie_7th-bday2.jpg

Now, time for tons of forgotten photos of my Pookster.

My panda! (2/4)
2014_02-04f.jpg

Sporting a sweater/leash combo (from when I took him to a pet expo) (2/8)
2014_02-08d.jpg

My Digi! (2/23)
2014_02-23.jpg

Just because he can (guess he was cold that day) (5/19)
2014_05-19.jpg

Outside time (5/26)
2014_05-26.jpg

2014_05-26d.jpg

2014_05-26e.jpg

2014_05-26j.jpg

(7/13)
2014_07-13a.jpg

My bone! (8/29)
2014_08-29.jpg

2014_08-29a.jpg

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Absolutely loved your pictures Pookie. Hope you had an amazing 7th Birthday. You are a VERY special guy. :p

Gentlemen.gif
88913.gif
wormt.gif

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh wow, MoMo laid MORE eggs?!? The eggs must have been keeping the poop in. Bet she feels better now that she laid the 3, hopefully the LAST ones. Hard to believe a total of 150!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :shock:

Gina, it sure is a good thing you checked on the noise coming from the hallway when you did. He sure would have eaten more than you would have wanted him to at one time. :roll: What a character Zim is!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
HAPPY 7TH BIRTHDAY POOKIE

Hope your Mama spoiled you rotten. :D
Big hugs, Deb, Didi, Leo, Gabriel, Lonzo and Puff

Gina, those pics are great of him, some are good enough for the calendar, which reminds me, have to get some pictures done! I completely forgot!

And I hope that MoMo is now done, enough is enough sweet little lady! Shut down that egg maker now!

Zim, you little brat, you would have had a big tummy ache is Mama hadn't found you :mrgreen:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Thanks, Diane, Lori, Esther, and Deb!

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to do much celebrating yesterday due to a mild migraine (hormonal-induced). Pookie must've known that I wasn't feeling well because after his hour-long visit with Squirt, he came up on the couch and plopped himself right under the computer, a foot away from me, instead of sitting in front of the window, and stayed there all day/night long. If he's up to it, I might take him to PetSmart this afternoon.

I should've known that something was up with MoMo, because for the past three days, she'd been insistent on squeezing into the same cave that Digi's in at night. Before that, she was going into the other cave for night-night. Luckily, Digi didn't give up her cave and MoMo ended up crawling out, until last night (9/5):
2014_09-06.jpg

The night before (9/4), MoMo ended up snuggling up to Gianna as a substitute:
(during the day)
2014_09-04.jpg

(nose tucked into Gianna's armpit)
2014_09-04a.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
You're girls are so funny, especially MoMo. She got her snuggle even if it was with Gianna :lol:
Hope your migraine is gone today and Pookie gets his outing to PetSmart. Have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom