Pookie's Minions - Pookie's Gone ☹

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
You're bunch are so funny, Gina. First Pookie giving you a heart attack, then Buddy getting back into the couch & Zim with his pasta :D :D I just love all your stories. Only Leo is up here, still a TV addict :lol: He did eat today, 1 worm, 2 large roaches (boy that was funny feeding him those, he didn't know what they were at first & I guess they're really chewey, took him awhile to get them down) and that was it for today. I'll continue feeding him & he gets a bath tomorrow. It's hard to figure him out, if he's going to stay up or not, but looks like he's decided to bypass brumation this year. Lonzo, Didi & Rubio are all sound asleep. So it's still a bit quiet here.

I used to have a cat that would answer the phone. The first time it happened it was my mom calling, I was living in Montreal back then and was at work. She sure had a shock when the phone was answered with a big meow! Guess they had a conversation, as the phone was off the hook when I got home & I couldn't figure out why until I talked to Mom later. Blackie, my cat, was very different from other cats. He used to walk me to the corner store when I ran out of something & stay there until I was done shopping, then walk me home. :lol: That was many (too many) years ago, before I got married for the first time & before Eric was born.

Give the awake ones a big hug & tell Buddy he sure was good to let you wash off his face.
Deb

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Your mom had a phone conversation with your cat?! Oh my god, that's hysterical!
That Leo is so cute. Wonder if there's a cartoon addicts anonymous group for beardies :laughing6:

Only Pookie's up, as always. He'd been very lazy lately though. Some days he doesn't even get out of his house to bother the girls, but not lazy enough to sleep his days away.
Buddy still continues to surprise me with how much I'm allowed to do with/to him. He's such a good boy.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Deb, when I read the story about your cat that answered the phone I started laughing. My husband, who always wants to know why I'm laughing, it wakes him up sometimes, came in and I read it to him, we both though it's funny. It belongs on a Ripley's believe it or not.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I was greeted by a black-bearded Pookie tonight, which is very odd because neither of the girls are awake. I looked into the girls' house and they were both still in their caves, eyes closed and sound asleep. So I asked, "Why the black beard baby? Did someone shift?" Then I saw him turn his head sideways and glare towards the other side of his house. Hmmm, what is he looking at? At that very moment, I saw a very big poop pile sitting next to his tree branch. AH HA! He's mad that I wasn't here to clean up the evil poop! Of course, I quickly picked him up and apologized for not being here.

For the past half hour plus, he'd been snuggling with me on the couch, very happily :p

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Goonie":2knt9l40 said:
I was greeted by a black-bearded Pookie tonight, which is very odd because neither of the girls are awake. I looked into the girls' house and they were both still in their caves, eyes closed and sound asleep. So I asked, "Why the black beard baby? Did someone shift?" Then I saw him turn his head sideways and glare towards the other side of his house. Hmmm, what is he looking at? At that very moment, I saw a very big poop pile sitting next to his tree branch. AH HA! He's mad that I wasn't here to clean up the evil poop! Of course, I quickly picked him up and apologized for not being here.

For the past half hour plus, he'd been snuggling with me on the couch, very happily :p

Hahaha thats the best story I have ever heard :mrgreen:

Pookie is such a character! :D

-Brandon

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Yeah, I love my Pookster. He is so expressive and definitely lets me know how he's feeling and what I should be doing for him.

It's a rare occasion where he'd black beard at the presence of his poop, regardless of how long it'd been sitting in his house. I believe the reason why he was so unhappy yesterday was because there was also a puddle of water AND right next to one of his stuffies.

His black beard went away in mere seconds after picking him up. Such a momma's boy :mrgreen:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Aren't they all? My bunch are spoiled, too, but at least they poop in the tub :mrgreen: That was very good of Pookie to let you know there was a pile to pick up, thought, he's such a considerate beardie :D

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Buddy

Mommy, I went boom! (2/9)
2012_02-09.jpg

Pookie

That has to hurt, somehow (12/27)
2011_12-27.jpg

Just like a puppy, only need to keep the nose warm (1/1)
2012_01-01.jpg

Guess he ran out of room for his left arm (1/12)
2012_01-12.jpg

Morning peek-a-boo (1/15)
2012_01-15.jpg

What a strange way to dangle a leg (1/28)
2012_01-28a.jpg

Mommy, why can't I climb up my ladder? (he honestly tried to climb up backwards) (2/7)
2012_02-07.jpg

Determined to tuck himself in for night night by moving the hand towel (2/18)
2012_02-18.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom