Pookie's Minions - Pookie's Gone ☹

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Goonie":cs8se59h said:
So if I do that as well, what does that mean for me? Hopelessness???
Some days I just call everyone "sweetie" as opposed to trying to remember their names. It's much better for my sanity (and this was before Digi came, so there was one of each pet type, but I still managed to mess it up). Can't imagine having as many beardies as some of you, I'd have to make dogtags.

My mom had gone down the list of all 14 kids (my siblings and 11 cousins) and still got it wrong! She was trying to call our family dog, Lucky :laughhard:

Believe it or not, Gina but some 30+ years ago I knew a wonderful and fun lady (gone now) who did the same thing. Called every one sweetie because she couldn't remember their names, including me. I didn't mind it, she knew who she was talking to, just not the name.

I think you are doing better than her. Besides, this is just normal for some people, it doesn't mean you aren't smart, just that your intelligence runs in another direction.

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
ha haa my son has a bumper sticker on his bedroom door that says "smart people can walk into walls, too!" and I wholeheartedly agree (seriously, some people are just bad at remembering names)... me, I remember voices for some reason, and can remember someone I haven't talked to for years or recognize a voice at a store of an old friend... weird, but that's just me :D

(BTW he also has another sticker that says "hide all electronic devices before handing over report cards to parents")

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
blondie098":rxpzn2w9 said:
Gina, sweetie, do you REALLY want me to answer this before I am well?!?!? :twisted:
That depends, how drugged up are you? :lol:

beardie parents":rxpzn2w9 said:
Besides, this is just normal for some people, it doesn't mean you aren't smart, just that your intelligence runs in another direction.
Sure is, all the way out in left field :roll:

I have a cute Buddy story to tell.
This morning, while sitting on the couch trying to get motivated to work, I heard some rustling to my left. At first I thought it was coming from the outside, but it sounded to close to be from beyond the window. A few minutes later, I heard it again, which prompted me to investigate. As it turned out, it was Buddy, shifting from between the couch cushions, but still completely wedged inside. I said my hellos and went back to work. About a half hour or so later, he peeked out with bright eyes and just sat there, staring at me. Because he'd always gone back to sleep, I ignored him and let him be. To my surprise, he actually crawled out of the couch, all by himself! I was shocked!
Fast forward a couple of hours and alot of snuggles & kisses, and a few chases, I sat back down on the couch after cleaning out his dishpan and put it back on top of the coffee table. Before I knew what was happening, I heard/saw Buddy trying to climb the coffee table, even though his grate was leaning up against the couch for him to climb back up with. I picked him up, asked if he wanted to go in, and got a strange look from him, almost like he was begging for me to put him in the water.
Well, for the very first time, Buddy not only stayed in his dishpan, but he never made a peep! He'd been in there all day, without protest! OK, he did give me a slight evil eye when I asked if I could turn on the MVB, so we compromised on a CHE instead. Never had he been so well behaved without being asked to.

Rukia1988

Juvie Member
Roday I realized I have not been getting updates from Pookie baby buddy zim and digi....I guess I haven't posted on the thread lately and they stopped sending me updates. I enjoy reading about your beardie escapades and some of buddy's as well.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Thanks Rukia! I'd probably be able to post more of their shenanigans if the stories aren't so long winded. :wink:

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Merry Christmas, Gina!

13484.gif

Livey

Extreme Poster
Goonie":3ix87e99 said:
I have a cute Buddy story to tell.
This morning, while sitting on the couch trying to get motivated to work, I heard some rustling to my left. At first I thought it was coming from the outside, but it sounded to close to be from beyond the window. A few minutes later, I heard it again, which prompted me to investigate. As it turned out, it was Buddy, shifting from between the couch cushions, but still completely wedged inside. I said my hellos and went back to work. About a half hour or so later, he peeked out with bright eyes and just sat there, staring at me. Because he'd always gone back to sleep, I ignored him and let him be. To my surprise, he actually crawled out of the couch, all by himself! I was shocked!
Fast forward a couple of hours and alot of snuggles & kisses, and a few chases, I sat back down on the couch after cleaning out his dishpan and put it back on top of the coffee table. Before I knew what was happening, I heard/saw Buddy trying to climb the coffee table, even though his grate was leaning up against the couch for him to climb back up with. I picked him up, asked if he wanted to go in, and got a strange look from him, almost like he was begging for me to put him in the water.
Well, for the very first time, Buddy not only stayed in his dishpan, but he never made a peep! He'd been in there all day, without protest! OK, he did give me a slight evil eye when I asked if I could turn on the MVB, so we compromised on a CHE instead. Never had he been so well behaved without being asked to.

Aww that sounds so cute! :love5:
Im glad he was so well behaved!
Nu and tiny are sat in there vivs well jealous faces , They desperately want cuddles and kisses, but with the flu bug going around is getting difficult! :|

And there never long winded , its always nice to read through there little day to day activities!
There always so fascinating! :)

Just wanted to check in to....

Wish you a very merry Christmas to you and all your little ones! and a happy new year!

Lots of Love Olivia , Nu and Tiny! :D

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
beardie osk":1h2lcxfm said:
WARM 2010 CHRISTMAS GREETINGS COMING YOUR WAY
Christinespictures2367.jpg

MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM:
PYREX, OLLIE, SOLOMON, SCARLETT, BELLA
MICA, LINCOLN, AND GABBY

I've been so busy, that I've only been able to check a few thread at a time,.......So Gina, I tried to write down the names of everyone as they were placed in the picture, from left to right starting in the back row..............Pyrex,(back left) Ollie,(black beard) Solomon(King puppy, 14 yrs old) Scarlett on the right of Solomon, then Bella........in the front row, Mica, (far left) Lincoln, (Solomon's paws) and Gabby on the right. I'll write about how I pulled it off on my thread later.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Thanks everyone for the Christmas wishes and great pics!

Believe it or not, we haven't opened presents yet. Pookie had been the only one who was fully awake. Buddy decided that waking him up and out of his burrito was very mean of me; he went into the couch instead. Digi looked like she's in a drugged out state - eyes half open but not phased about anything, even when Pookie was black bearding and headbobbing and foot stomping her all afternoon. Zim had been taking advantage of a quiet house (compared to yesterday, being at my parents and having 3 adults coo'ing after him) and napping the day away.

Rukia1988

Juvie Member
I ha time today to look back through and read where I left off and I watched the video of Zim...oh my gos what a bundle of cuteness. I also loved the story of Digi and Pookie. That is so cute she must have watched him do it and then wanted to do as pookie does. I love the buddy snuggle pictures. I wish my tortoise would snuggle...she is still too scared of me and my fiance. She shoots her pee when we go to pick her up or flings poop. She is getting to the point where she will let us scratch her neck, a turtle, tortoise favorite spot. I hope she gets as cuddly as Buddy. but it won't be fun when she's 75 pounds and trying to cuddle....

I was reminded of you the other day when I was in a pet store. They had a alligator snaping turtle in the fish pond. Someone had brought it in and didn't want it anymore. He was about the size of buddy. I am not sure what happened to him....I think he may have either sold him or traded him. I am not sure if you need a license to own one of those in the state of Illinois....

So fun! I love the stories! I can't keep beardieosk's beardies straight either...but I love her christmas picture!

athenacp

Extreme Poster
Hey Giona you managae ok yesterday with the snow??? The base was closed but I got here at 5:30 then found out they would open at noon :angry5: It's a MESS! Ice, snow drifts about 5-6 feet, drifting snow, I fell in a snowdrift, half the place isn't plowed :angry5: I hope you're ok!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom