Pookie's Minions - Pookie's Gone ☹

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
diamc":2ncrcoh0 said:
:laughhard: You and Pookie are too funny!
I honestly was not expecting the reaction that I got from Pookie. He only gave me the :shock: look after I finished talking, and would stop when I started to talk again. The more I talked, the more he looked at me with such intense eyes.

Again, he's smarter than I give him credit for.

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Goonie":3g5lljig said:
When I got home tonight, I told Pookie that I had a surprise for him, to which I got a :shock: look. Then, I told him about the phone call and again, I got :shock: . Finally, I told him that I volunteered him for the event because he loves people and kids, and loves to socialize. Again, I got :shock: . That's when I asked him if it'd be ok, that I thought it'd be fun for him, and surprisingly, I DIDN'T get a :shock: look. I guess the previous :shock: looks meant that he was excited about what I was saying, and why he didn't do it at the end meant that he approved.
:lol: You have a very smart Pookie!

Ahem, about the event, THAT'S AWESOME!
I can totally imagine Pookie signing autographs... :lol:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
You two are going to be such a hit with the kids, you'll have to give us EVERY detail of the whole event. That's such an honour that they invited you, how exciting :D And I'll bet the :shock: looks were funny, Pookie is such a smart beardie. I've never come across one anything like him :D

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
hoopyscoop":168fw3d0 said:
:lol: You have a very smart Pookie!

Ahem, about the event, THAT'S AWESOME!
I can totally imagine Pookie signing autographs... :lol:
Thanks! He learns so much by simply observing and listening. I don't and had never purposely taught him anything. Guess I just got lucky that he's so willing to learn, even if I don't want him to ;)
Oh my! I could just see the kids' faces if Pookie wanted to sign autographs! How funny would that be!

sweetiepie9":168fw3d0 said:
Pookie is such a smart beardie. I've never come across one anything like him :D
Me neither, and as cool as it is, I hope there isn't another one out there like him. I mean, could you imagine what the world would be like if they're all as smart as Pookie? They'd take over the world! :silent:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I mean, could you imagine what the world would be like if they're all as smart as Pookie? They'd take over the world!
You better keep your eyes on Gianna, she is a LOT like her daddy!

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
You're right, Diane. Only time will tell just how much of Pookie she's inherited, both good and bad. Maybe she's inherited some of the same type of stuff from her mommy.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I think Gianna is a great mix of both her parents, even if she is Daddy's twin! Have you measured and weighted her lately, Gina? The time sure flies!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Gianna is definitely a spitting image of her dad, but she also has her mama's bravery (thank god!).

I haven't measured her lately, but did weigh her last week. She still hasn't broken the 200 gram mark but she keeps on growing longer and longer. She eats like a champ too, so I have no idea why she's still so skinny.

Speaking of Gianna, when I pulled back the blanket this morning and said good morning to her, she poofed up her little beard and opened her mouth so wide! I tried stroking her beard and head but she continued to show her little grumpiness, until I finally said "Baby Gianna, it's mommy! It's ok, it's mommy." That was when her mouth closed and the beard deflated. Guess somebody didn't want to get up yet (even though it was past 10am).

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Good morning, Gina. I think she may not have recognized you. Goldie did that to me one day but I'd had sunglasses on, it was the first time she saw me in those sunglasses and she didn't recognize me until I spoke to her. She had less problems with it during succeeding days of seeing me in those sunglasses.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Beardies are so funny whey they decided to poof, especially when they're startled. Titan does it to me when I find him when he's on outside time and I get the whole thing, black beard, poof & open mouth. I just scoop him up and laugh at him and he stops :lol:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I guess she never heard me call her prior to removing the blanket and was not quite awake even though her eyes were opened and her head was up.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Both Pookie and Gianna did great today! The kids loved them!

I had missed the first group of kids being introduced to my kids, because I had to run back home to get my camera (I knew I was forgetting something but couldn't think of what until I had already hit the road). They were still there but had moved on to the dogs/cats. After all of the intros were done, a few kids started asking questions about Pookie and had asked to hold them.

There was this little boy from the first group that was totally fascinated with Pookie, and didn't want to let him go even when it was time for them to leave.

Pookie never once got upset by being passed from one person to the next. He loved all of the attention and being able to sit on the kids' shoulders. Gianna was ok at first, but the more I held her, the less she wanted to be among the crowd. She even ended up hiding behind me towards the end of the second group's visit.

I had taken a few pics which need to be uploaded to PB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom