Pookie's Minions - Pookie's Gone ☹

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I'll have to try her out in the living room next week, when I'll be home for 4 days (yahoo!) to monitor her behavior.

I can't remember how many crickets she ate yesterday; 5 seem to be stuck in my head.
She only ate 2 this morning, hand fed of course, then wanted out. I'll have to try again later, then again at dinner time.

Whenever I bring Gianna to see her daddy, she'd give a couple mini baby head bobs at Pookie then would sit there and intently stare at him. Pookie would start off by wearing the most yellow colors on his beard, then a faint gray would appear, but never a full jet black beard unless we're sitting across the room.
The looks that both father and daughter give each other is amazing. It really looks like they're communicating with each other -- what, I have no idea but would love to know.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
That's so cute, I"m glad you're going to try her in the living room, seems like she likes to be in the middle of all the activity in your home. Just her getting out and trying to get downstairs shows that to me. She's so cute, hopefully if she's downstairs all the time she'll eat more!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Guess who decided to eat the 7 leftover crickets from this morning? Wait, don't get too excited just yet, because she ate them one by one, hand fed :roll:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Well, good that she's eating well though. Have you thought about getting her some repti-worms to leave in her dish when you have to go to work?

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
The way she tramples over her greens when she's pacing her house, I wouldn't dare put any live feeders in there if I'm not home. Those poor things would either all be squashed or strewn everywhere, which would require me to daily tear up the paper towel to find them all. Nah, not worth it.
I had thought about trying baby supers, but until she loses interest in the crickets altogether, I'll hold off on it for a bit.
She does want to eat the crickets, but just not on her own. I'd still like to know who told her about the hand feeding bit, because the very first time I offered her one, she acted like it'd been something we'd done before.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Don't know, but I do know that once you start that it's really hard to get her to eat on her own. I still hand feed all 5 of mine, which can take alot of time when I'm in a rush to get to work. I even have to put supers into Lonzo's mouth in order for him to eat them :lol: That means I have to get his mouth open, but once it is, he'll eat lots. Yesterday he ate 4 and today he ate 6. Before that it's been since Sept since he's eaten any bugs. He's also lost 30g, which is a no-no when he's not allowed to brumate.

So hopefully, once you get her downstairs, she'll start eating on her own. It's not unknow, but I will cross my fingers for you!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Gianna did great today! When I got home tonight, I didn't make such a big deal in announcing my entry into the house and up the stairs/into the bedroom. She was sitting high up on her tree branch and stayed there for the next half hour, while I walked in/out of the bedroom and bathroom, until I picked her up to give her some crickets.
I hope today's the beginning of good things to come :)

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's awesome! :D She has made gains daily since you brought her back home. I really think she is doing very well considering all the changes she has gone through. Seems like the radio has helped, what do you think? You must have been so happy seeing her sitting high and totally relaxed & not reacting to you walking in. See, I told you she would get used to you quickly. :wink:

How was her appetite today?

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I think she ate some of her greens today, but I can't really tell.
She ate 3(?) crickets this morning and 3 more tonight. She seems to have this every-other-day theme going with wanting to eat crickets. But as long as she's still eating, I guess I can't get too picky.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
And she'll eat more as she gets more used to being at your house. I'm so glad that she's eating, even if not alot, at least every day. And that is such great news that she's getting used to being in your bedroom, not getting upset when you come in, wonderful news!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Gianna continues to make progress in settling in. She no longer flattens herself or bolts to hide behind/under her stuffed dragon in fear whenever I walk by or into the bedroom. She now stays put even when I'm in the bathroom! :blob8:

Now if I could only get her to eat the crickets on her own :roll:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm so glad to hear that she's settling in, guess you won't have to move her viv to the living room after all! :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: As for hand feeding, good luck with that. I've never found a way to get them off hand feeding & I still blame it on Roger for starting it in the first place. It's to the point that for Lonzo to eat a superworm, I have to put it into his mouth! He won't even eat it off my hand anymore. I do feel for you, feeding mini crickets is a pain. I have to feed Didi crickets by hand, too, and even though they're big they do escape, so he has a cricket living with him right now. So good luck with getting her off the hand feeding & catching them on her own. I hope it works!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I finally had a :!: today when I went to turn on the CHE for Gianna.
Ever since being at my parents' house, I had been tucking her in inside a blankie, on the opposite side of her house, even if she fell asleep on her tree branch. Well, shortly after lights out on the past few nights, I had found her already curled up on that side of her house, all ready for night night. She doesn't even fuss when I go to pick her up to place her blankie down, then she'd walk herself into the make-shift tent blankie, towards the back, and curl up into a ball.

This morning, Gianna obviously wasn't ready to be woken up yet because shortly after pulling back the top of her blankie, I found her here:

2012_11-21a.jpg

My little silly goose!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Awww, Gianna looks so cute laying like that with her tail curled up in front of her. She knows what she wants, that's for sure. It's great to hear that she is much calmer now. :p

Guess Pookie figured out how HE wanted to use the cave, works for him. :lol: Love the way he even figured out a pillow for himself.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom