Pointless and sad posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

callmebeardy

Juvie Member
i say if you go for getting two beardies get at least a 75 gal... have two sepperate basking spots and a tube UVA/UVB in the middle Reptisun 10.0 it has to be 75% of the cage... you want it to be longer and wider not tall. Make sure that you give the climbing stuff and dont use sand on the bottom... we recomend tile papertowels non adhesive shelf liner or repti carpet...

Thor's Mom

Sub-Adult Member
A 3 foot tank is only barely big enough for one beardy. If you insist on doing this you will need a tank that is at least twice that size. I DON'T recommend housing 2 together.

lacy_black

Gray-bearded Member
Thor's Mom":93749 said:
A 3 foot tank is only barely big enough for one beardy. If you insist on doing this you will need a tank that is at least twice that size. I DON'T recommend housing 2 together.

I commend you for trying Thorsmom but some people WON'T listen until its too late. :?

nikkicostello89

Sub-Adult Member
I too agree, i don't recommend housing two dragons together. It is dangerous and will only result in a serious injury or in death. They are at the end of the day wild animals and they fight to the death.

I saw on here only today, i think it was from Zak-n-wheezies mum, that one of her beardies has no spikes on the back of her neck because she was caged with a male and he over bred her. She is scarred for life, the previous owner was lucky they didn't have a death on their hands, not that they would've cared i expect, but i don't know.

Please don't house together, get two tanks and let them have a run around together outside their tanks, and then at least it will only be for a short while and you will be supervising them which means you can separate them if they get aggressive.

Nikki

Thor's Mom

Sub-Adult Member
Thanks Lacy, yeah, I know that is why I did not bother with the lecture. You would think after seeing poor Foster that it would be pretty clear. We tried. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
SlavetoIzzy- It is pointless to point out that your pict would have won had you not saddly submitted the wrong one. Love the hardware flyer. :D You have one cool dragon.

Sandy H

thanks its helped and i dont think i will be getting bearded dragons any more as i want 2 lizards in the same tank and they have to fit in a 3ft tank does anyone recommend any lizards to me and are they as tame as bearded dragons?

Elaina

Juvie Member
You can have green anoles or long tails. They are like 6 bucks each, depending on where you go. I guess at that price if your really wanting multiple lizards in one tank than they are more afforfordable to replace if they wound each other. I can't say I understand the importance of more versus healthy, but that's all I can recommend.
BTW your thread was moved by the mods to the Enclosures category.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Please do not house any dragons together, male or female or any combination. As you saw, Foster lost an arm. There are been many cases of beardies biting off cagemates tails, legs, arms or just plain killing each other and their stories are in this thread. So please, if you have more than one beardie, please have them housed in their own tanks. An adult beardie should be, at the least, in a 40 gallon breader, but bigger is always better for a beardie. Please also make sure you have the correct lighting, basking light can be a household bulb, wattage would depend on temps and the most recommended UVB light is a Reptisun 10.0 tube, not coil or compact as they can affect a beardie's eyes. There is an excellent care sheet on this forum, at the top, under Care Sheets and Articles. And for food choices please check out http://www.beautifuldragons.com under nutrition. This is a very long list of what a beardie can or shouldn't eat. So please reconsider to keep your beardies healthy. :D :D

nikkicostello89

Sub-Adult Member
Try posting in the gecko forum, if you click board index at the top and scroll down there's a specialized forum for geckos, so i imagine people who have them will go there often, or at least check the board.

Nikki

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Where's all of the pointless and sad pic's? :lol:

Ms. Tiggs
100_4487.jpg

The boys(Z&W)
100_4526.jpg

Barbara

nikkicostello89

Sub-Adult Member
Ok, ok, ok you win i will post some pointless pics....if i must :laughing6: here they come :D

This is our little 9 week old baby Stanley with some raspberry on his nose!!

30072008038.jpg

This is his beautiful lime green colouring

30072008039.jpg

This is big boy Ollie...growing up...bless

30072008042.jpg

This is pretty Dizzie giving her best beardie look

30072008044.jpg

This is Stan's best "pack it in with the camera mum!"

30072008048.jpg

And finally this is Dizzies great escape...Position 1

30072008053.jpg

Position 2

30072008054.jpg

You can guess where the 3rd one was!!

Enjoy,

Nikki

P.S...love the latest of Zak-n-Wheezie! They're gorgeous boys!!...Wheezie's like: "pack it in with that flashy clicky thing damn it. Nope, i'm not smiling for you! Fine, fine, see this remote, it's mine now" LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom