Pointless and sad posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

RolandKyramere

Sub-Adult Member
*waves*
I sadly just got back from a cruise, and pointlessly seem to have five bazillion things to do. Oh, and I pointlessly graduated two weeks ago, and sadly left my apartment of three years to happily move in with my boyfriend.
Kana is sadly brooding that I have been gone the last couple of days, and the geckos keep staring at me and wanting out, lol.

ziggy23

Gray-bearded Member
In Sad and Pointless news:

My husband witnessed someone in a small compact car swerving to hit a large full grown snapping turtle crossing the road. (for those of you who aren't aware, common snappers can get like 20 inches in length and weigh up to 85lbs. This one was about as big around as a hubcap and about 8-10 inches tall.) They ended up in a ditch. the snapper acted slightly annoyed when my husband tried to check on it but otherwise seemed unphased by the accident.

The funniest part is, they tried to kill an animal for giggles, and only managed to mess up their own car. Meanwhile the turtle barely even acted like it noticed what happened. At most the turtle might have been pushed a few inches and kept on walking.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
ziggy23":2rrl6e26 said:

My husband witnessed someone in a small compact car swerving to hit a large full grown snapping turtle crossing the road. (for those of you who aren't aware, common snappers can get like 20 inches in length and weigh up to 85lbs. This one was about as big around as a hubcap and about 8-10 inches tall.) They ended up in a ditch. the snapper acted slightly annoyed when my husband tried to check on it but otherwise seemed unphased by the accident.

The funniest part is, they tried to kill an animal for giggles, and only managed to mess up their own car. Meanwhile the turtle barely even acted like it noticed what happened. At most the turtle might have been pushed a few inches and kept on walking.
:laughhard: Served them right for purposely wanting to harm an innocent animal.
If that was me, I would've very sadly and pointlessly took the snapper home (hush to those of you who know me). :mrgreen:

ziggy23

Gray-bearded Member
Goonie":131zwkaz said:
ziggy23":131zwkaz said:

:laughhard: Served them right for purposely wanting to harm an innocent animal.
If that was me, I would've very sadly and pointlessly took the snapper home (hush to those of you who know me). :mrgreen:

Sadly the turtle would have nothing to do with my husband. He normally relocates animals out of unsafe areas, but the best she would let him was to shoo her out of the road. I'm guessing it's a female because of the season. Most the turtles you see in the roads are females looking for a warm spot to lay eggs. She appeared to be fine, was walking and no visible damage or injuries. She was no more aggressive than one would expect under normal circumstances from a snapper to indicate she was hurt, so he just let her be. Knowing him, he probably told the cop (small town), who probably would have drove by to check on it or called the rangers.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Well I am certainly glad the people in the car went into a ditch. They got what was coming to them and that is neither pointless or sad. :mrgreen:

Goonie":prsw3622 said:
Gina, Gina, Gina.... whatever will we do with you?! :lol:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
gulfbrzdawn":1m6pw2ee said:
Goonie":1m6pw2ee said:
Gina, Gina, Gina.... whatever will we do with you?! :lol:
Hey, Buddy needs a playmate -- I'm only thinking of the welfare and happiness of my babies :mrgreen:

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Goonie":378zdhls said:
Hey, Buddy needs a playmate -- I'm only thinking of the welfare and happiness of my babies :mrgreen:
glock836_roll_eyes.gif

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
gulfbrzdawn":3rlz211m said:
Goonie":3rlz211m said:
glock836_roll_eyes.gif

I agree, Dawn. I think she only wants another pet. She hasn't thought about how Buddy will respond to another one of his species. Since it's been at least 1.5 years, probably more, since he's seen a snapper turtle, I don't think Buddy will know what to do with one if he does have one in his home with him.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
beardie parents":2q65zl4v said:
gulfbrzdawn":2q65zl4v said:
Goonie":2q65zl4v said:
glock836_roll_eyes.gif

I agree, Dawn. I think she only wants another pet. She hasn't thought about how Buddy will respond to another one of his species. Since it's been at least 1.5 years, probably more, since he's seen a snapper turtle, I don't think Buddy will know what to do with one if he does have one in his home with him.
Actually, Buddy had sadly never seen another snapper before (unless he had seen some of his siblings upon hatching). It'd be pointlessly interesting to find out how he would react to meeting one.

Oh, speaking of me sadly wanting another pet -- one of Pookie's nemesis is a mommy! I saw one of the groundhogs coming out of a brush across the street, then shortly after came a bouncing toddler. So cute! Luckily Pookie have yet to see the toddler -- he just might sadly kick me out of the house :roll: .

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
pointless ... and so sad ...

My dear 13 year old daughter, whom a lot of you know, was scared today by Sesame Street. Yes, as sad as that is, S-E-S-A-M-E - S-T-R-E-E-T! If I can stop giggling to tell you the scenario :lol:

I am trying to finish up my niece's quilt... so I have the large quilt rack in front of the piano, since Crash seems more than a little disgruntled that I was missing from the living room. So I'm talking to Crashiepoo, and miss teenybopper comes sauntering down the stairs, and I say "It's alive ~ good morning grumpy"... mind you, its NOON...

So she plops down in dad's recliner behind me. Decides that's not comfy enough. Goes over to the couch, and plops there. Then she JUMPS up, and scurries over to Coco's viv while she says "oh, no" ~ ok, now I'm slightly paying attention, thinking Coco poo'd and walked thru it...

Then little miss plop-girl says, "Nuh-uh, that's just not right"... so I say "what's not right"...

She says "that just scared me"... (ok, its noon, WTH) ... "what just scared you?" I ask...

Sesame Street! (at this point I just about wet myself) I said, "uh, Sesame Street scared you?"

She said "I was looking at the tv, and saw a lightning bug. So I rushed to Coco's viv to protect her. then I looked over to see where it was, and it was floating in front of the tv. Then I realized it looked more like it was IN the tv"... ok, I've gone past the ready-to-wet-myself stage, and I'm in full-blown giggle-snitz now...

I had to leave the room, it was just too funny, she was totally scared that there was a lightning bug in the house! LOL ROFLMBO ... I had already known Elmo and his friends were singing "fly little firefly, fly" songs... I just had to share this...

Of course, she HAD just woken up for the day... so I'll cut her a little slack... her "motherly instinct" did kick in... buy why Coco? There are 3 other dragons that need protected! LOL

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Oh boy, talk about not being a 'morning' person. Maybe she needed another hour of sleep? :laughhard:

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
For future reference, never tell Gina that you rescued a turtle from the road. She will remind you for weeks that you should have brought it home!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
spurlee01":1u2r4h1g said:
For future reference, never tell Gina that you rescued a turtle from the road. She will remind you for weeks that you should have brought it home!
HEY! I pointlessly and sadly resemble that remark!
smiley1735.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom