Plugged nostril/shed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most likely. Mine shed his tail a couple weeks ago, then no sooner than the rest of his body shed, his tail looks like started looking pale again yesteday, so i think he's gonna shed again.

U can usually tell when they are about to shed. They get dull/grey looking, and their scales look shiney/waxey...especially around the spikes. Do you happen to know how old your beardie is?

Zombiepanda

Juvie Member
Original Poster
She's pushing into 5ish months. No exact age since the guy had no clue. Told me she was three months when three months later I realized that was not even close to accurate, she was more like 3 weeks!! Anywho I'm assuming 4 going on 5 months. She just finished her second shed since I've had her. This shed took about two weeks total because it was patchy. Well lo and behold I get home from work and go to feed her and BAM! More nose shed boogies. Ive seen people say their babies/juvies shed back to back and I suppose Maggie is finally getting to that point.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
It's normal for bearded dragons to shed in patches, unlike snakes. If you think about it, that figures, since they can't pull it all off in one piece like a stocking the way a snake can because they have arms and legs and fingers and toes, not to mention all those little spikey scales, which tend to be a sticking place.

(My first reptile was a snake so I had to get used to not thinking something was wrong when the beardie's sheds didn't all come off in one piece.)

It sound like Maggie is doing well -- lots of growing is what she's supposed to be doing, and the shedding goes with it when she outgrows her skin (including the "shrek boogers") :)

Zombiepanda

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I'm sitting in the living room floor reading this and I swear to goodness I literally read your post and turned to look at her and what do I see? A "shrek booger". I laughed hysterically!

I grew up up with my aunt having snakes so that's what I was used to also. One big giant pretty shed. The time bewteeen her first shed and these sheds was pretty big and I was so worried she wasn't growing! I'm still convinced that she is on the smaller side(probably due to her care before I got her). My Family came over for Christmas and all were shocked st how big she is. I realized also that I see her daily so I didn't notice her growth as much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom