Clogged nostril?

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
1708198843672.jpg

How should I go about clearing it? He is overdue to have a bath, so I’ll dab at it with a wet q-tip to see if I can dislodge the dirt. Thanks for any suggestions.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Absolutely, a damp q-tip/swab is great to help with dabbing moisture onto the nostril if it is truly stuck
or clogged up. Usually it will eventually crack & they are able to blow it out or simply rub it off.

Tracie

Brinks184

Damp q-tip is how i do it also.
I find the bathtub works for those kinds of issues, I leave the water running and they tend to go under the Luke warm or airtime water or a little warm for BM issues. But they go under and fix those issues. Just a thought

Brinks184

I find the bathtub works for those kinds of issues, I leave the water running and they tend to go under the Luke warm or airtime water or a little warm for BM issues. But they go under and fix those issues. Just a thought
Also helps when their shed gets stuck in ear

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I just lost my boy Zen in January due becoming aspirated in a very shallow soak for a sperm plug. I don't recommend putting a beardie in water even if they are soiled. Run luke warm water over them with the faucet to clean them up. I didn't recommend baths before he died from one, now I don't even recommend soaks. Keep them in your hand and keep the water away from their face. I was standing right there with him when it happened and took immediate action but it still cost him his life. It simply isn't worth the risk

Brinks184

I just lost my boy Zen in January due becoming aspirated in a very shallow soak for a sperm plug. I don't recommend putting a beardie in water even if they are soiled. Run luke warm water over them with the faucet to clean them up. I didn't recommend baths before he died from one, now I don't even recommend soaks. Keep them in your hand and keep the water away from their face. I was standing right there with him when it happened and took immediate action but it still cost him his life. It simply isn't worth the risk
Well as awful as that must have been, the 2 adults I've got are going on 3yrs old and the male could go the rest of his life without a bath, my female gets 2 a week for the entire 3 years now, I hope nothing like that happens but at the same time she loves baths, she even starts scratching at her front glass to get into a bath and make a BM. They eat lots of mealworms and prob get a little constipated but either way, when she's scratching and I ignore her she poops in cage then stops scratching. In 6 months she has had only 2 BM's in her enclosure. The male on the other hand will go and sit in it, I think he is trying to catch flies. Lol

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
My girl Chomp liked baths as well, but I didn't fully understand the risk back then. Most will never probably have an issue as far as that goes but personally I'll never chance it again. Zen was 4 he had never in 4 years drank in a bath, he died the very first time he tried. He didn't die from the aspiration, he died from pneumonia during a 2 day move afterwards. We spent over 2 hours restarting his breathing after it happened and thought he was going to make it. He developed pneumonia during a 2 day move a coulpe weeks later and passed on day 3. It can happen with incredible quickness. I'm by no means trying to tell anyone how take care of your own beardies but I will continue to caution folks because it's simple to avoid and damn painful if it happens.

Brinks184

My girl Chomp liked baths as well, but I didn't fully understand the risk back then. Most will never probably have an issue as far as that goes but personally I'll never chance it again. Zen was 4 he had never in 4 years drank in a bath, he died the very first time he tried. He didn't die from the aspiration, he died from pneumonia during a 2 day move afterwards. We spent over 2 hours restarting his breathing after it happened and thought he was going to make it. He developed pneumonia during a 2 day move a coulpe weeks later and passed on day 3. It can happen with incredible quickness. I'm by no means trying to tell anyone how take care of your own beardies but I will continue to caution folks because it's simple to avoid and damn painful if it happens.
It's always polite if nothing else to share a story so awful to all beardy fans, and the more I think about it the more it worries me, they both drink in the bath regularly, and I keep all them spots on his back legs from any issue's that way also so I'm not sure what to do now.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
It's always polite if nothing else to share a story so awful to all beardy fans, and the more I think about it the more it worries me, they both drink in the bath regularly, and I keep all them spots on his back legs from any issue's that way also so I'm not sure what to do now.
I use an eyedropper to give mine water, it works better than a syringe because you can control the amount dispensed better.

Brinks184

Mine prob get the biggest share from washing their greens every day right before I feed
My male tests everything you put by his nose so he would be OK to water that way but my female gets an attitude when I give vitamins that way and looks first then taste with tongue only. Lol

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
My male tests everything you put by his nose so he would be OK to water that way but my female gets an attitude when I give vitamins that way and looks first then taste with tongue only. Lol
You can mix in just a little none citrus fruit juice or punch to give it flavor 😉
Be sure to use a wet cloth to wipe away any that runs down her chin. No need to take a chance on causing bacteria or fungus to start in her scales.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mangomom
Top Bottom