please help whats wrong with littles?!?!!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaskingBaby

Sub-Adult Member
ilovebeardeddragons":1b908 said:
ok so i dont care what you say im not giving littles away

That is very selfish. What a shame if he has to grow up with a deformity or health problems because of you not taking proper care of him.

In my opinion, since Nyroc is older and Littles is still growing, I would give Littles the UVB light. Or you could give Littles the UVB for one whole day, and Nyroc the UVB the next day and keep switching.

Poisoned1

Gray-bearded Member
I would have thought you have learnt responsibility right now with caring for your animals, but by the sounds of you didn't.

Plus we try and help you but you lie to us in the process.
You say you are too tired to look at something so we can help you but because you wait your dragon becomes more hurt.

Quite unbelievable honestly.

dreshany

Hatchling Member
Then you don't truly care about him, because you are making him suffer needlessly and that my dear is simply CRUEL!

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
[Ok everyone needs to calm down here.I understand how you guys are feeling but in no way will this help and we do not condone members bashing each other here regardless of the reason
That was me as a mod reminding you all to stay level headed or warnings will be issued.]

All right now lets get back on topic, sweetie I know you are educated enough in beardies to know by now that beardies require UVB and there is no getting around it.Putting him by the window doesnt do anything because UVB cannot pass through glass and if your opening the window and exposing him to the cold climate you live in then he will most certainly get an RI so please dont do that.Unfortunately this can wait no longer you must get him some UVB.As previously stated if there is absolutely no way to do that then you have to start considering whats best for Littles.I know you dont want him to become sick,hurt or to die so how much money do you have saved now?When exactly will you be able to get him a bulb?In the meantime you are going to have to cycle the UVB bulbs you have he needs daily uvb,not once a week or everyday but daily.He is only going to get worse.I want you to tell me how much space you have and exactly what bulbs you have and we will figure out something to get ALL your beardie UVB exposure,ok?

ghr15

Sub-Adult Member
dreshany":caaaa said:
Put the cages on the floor if you have to. Your baby needs a proper set up. I don't want to sound harsh but if you can't afford to care for littles, it might be best to give him to someone who can, and fast. Better he live a good life in someone else's home than die miserably in yours. Find some way to share that UVB light, divide the hours up between the cages, put the cages on the floor and put the light between them, just do something! :banghead:

If you do that you will melt the sides of the tanks it is best as others suggested to swap the bulbs so the little one has it for now. Since it is more important that the little one has it. AS long as it is just twitching it is not permanent damage. I know since my Water Dragon has had MBD and I would treat it by just giving him a ton of calcium.

He is 8 years old and this was after a year of having him did not know about UV lights. But I am just saying that is is survivable without any long term affects.

Theough the OP could have just said the light was gone. But the burning plastic smell is not that bad a problem just let the glue melt off. The most that happens is the lgiht explodes. By the way dont get the UVB basking bulbs they are not that good. They are expensive and no not last long you are better off with a long florescent UV light. They are almost certainly to last 6 months in fact after 6 months is up they get demoted to plant growing lights and some I have had are still going after a year. Of course by that time there is not enough UV for a lizard.

dreshany

Hatchling Member
I must have missed something... "melt"? What kind of cage is littles in?
and she is right, at least you came to the forum and eventually confessed. I am sorry I got so mad. What's done is done and you need to figure out how to best fix this issue. Although, if littles is seizing then he probably needs to see a vet for a calcium injection and supplementation.........

LJean

Extreme Poster
Now dear, you have been on these boards long enough to know what your Littles needs. If you cannot get the proper UVb light for a bit, I must agree with the others about taking the one you have and giving it to Littles. Nyroc will just have to wait for the new bulb.

If you are not willing to do this, then you need to either get that new UVB light by today, or give up Littles to a home that can properly care for him/her. It's the right thing to do.

Christmas is coming soon, can you ask for new lights as gifts? If so, then Nyroc can wait til at least then. Maybe give him the old light once in the week until the new light comes.

It's up to you. But you knew what was needed. I understand the confusion on the light fixture. It isn't always easy to figure that out.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
bugaboo":689d4 said:
[Inappropriate comment removed by moderator]
The comment you made was totally unnecessary and will not help the beardie at all. Please refrain from making a comment like this is in the future.

ghr15

Sub-Adult Member
dreshany":a0e66 said:
I must have missed something... "melt"? What kind of cage is littles in?
and she is right, at least you came to the forum and eventually confessed. I am sorry I got so mad. What's done is done and you need to figure out how to best fix this issue. Although, if littles is seizing then he probably needs to see a vet for a calcium injection and supplementation.........

This person has a uv bulb it will melt the plastic on the top of the tanks. I do not belive the op has a tube uv light. I have a long UVB light that is about 4 feet long ang goes between 2 lizard cages if that is what you mean. I do that since the ammount on each side is still as much as it would be if they each had one.

If that is what you are meaning no it will not melt the cage. The UV basking lights I think are overpriced and I don't like they I tried them they suck. The majority of light fixtures won't fit then and they are more expensive and less reliable then the florescent tube UV lights.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
I think what your referring to is an MVB bulb which is what she has yes however I am not sure exactly why you dont like them as they emit much better uvb and last much longer then flourescent uv but thats off topic so we can discuss it privately if you like.She can still use the mvb on both tanks she just cant sit the bulb directly on the tank she would have to suspend it up a little higher although in Littles condition I would just give him the MVB and then use the other one you have between Nyroc and Athena.

ghr15

Sub-Adult Member
vickson420":2a8f2 said:
I think what your referring to is an MVB bulb which is what she has yes however I am not sure exactly why you dont like them as they emit much better uvb and last much longer then flourescent uv but thats off topic so we can discuss it privately if you like.She can still use the mvb on both tanks she just cant sit the bulb directly on the tank she would have to suspend it up a little higher although in Littles condition I would just give him the MVB and then use the other one you have between Nyroc and Athena.

No they dont the uv florescent tubes always last me 6 months the UV basking bulbs never would even last maybee 4 months. Not to mention 2 exploded on me. I am not kidding the just blew up literally there was glass everywhere not in the cages since they were closed but there was glass all over the room.the uv bulbs last about a year and after the 6 months have a new use. After the first 6 month they get demoted to my plant growing lights I have a whole wall of just plant shelves. When the new florescent tubes are at there 6 month mark the old ones being used for the plants give out. So the UV florescent tubes have a use for much longer then the basking lights.

Furthermore the florescent tubes are less money. Also the big ones give off allot of uv. I have 4 lizard cages and the top 2 share the top uv florescent light and the bottom 2 cages share the bottom UV light. So it is much cheaper and more effective since the uv basking lights are a huge cost. When I can get a regular lizard basking light for 10 bucks.

The little reptile heat lamps last much longer then the UV basking ones do. So having those basking lights together with the big florescent tube lights works great and is much cheaper then those bulbs. Also the bulb only lights up half the cage while what I do covers the whole cage in UV light. So the way I do it the bearded dragons cant get out of the UV light unless they go in there hide.

ilovebeardeddragons

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
ok i will try to get nyrocs uvb to littles but is it ok that it will cover the whoel cage nyrocs is a tube and so littles cage is only a ten gallon so is that ok?

culbert9

Also from what i seeing in the picture you posted it looks like a pretty big cage for a little beardie like that. I currently have a beardie about the same size but i am not using my big tank. Im using a littler one, i dont know how many gallons, maybe 30? but this makes it easier for her to find food, find the heat source, and get enough UV

boxers

Hatchling Member
ilovebeardeddragons":e4d63 said:
ok i will try to get nyrocs uvb to littles but is it ok that it will cover the whoel cage nyrocs is a tube and so littles cage is only a ten gallon so is that ok?

You have been here way too long to be making so many mistakes.
A ten gallon is WAY too small. He needs UVB rays to grow.
You should not own even ONE bearded dragon, let alone three, unless you have enough money to purchase what they need to live.

That includes the possibility of veterinary care, and the possibility of "something going wrong" which needs replacements- as in, your light bulb and light fixture.
I learned this the hard way, as did ghr15 some time ago. You HAVE to have money set aside for them.

Also, ghr15, I find some of your advice in bad taste; "if it's only twitching there won't be any long-term damage"? Don't enable someone to mistreat their pets. That's wrong.

ghr15":e4d63 said:
No they dont the uv florescent tubes always last me 6 months the UV basking bulbs never would even last maybee 4 months. Not to mention 2 exploded on me.
If MVBs are what you're talking about, then they are supposed to last much longer. The two that we have here are guaranteed for a whole year. They were $45. (Not $80.) You need to be delicate with them, though; can't screw them in too tight or have them in too-low-wattage of a fixture. Since you mentioned a Water Dragon, I am assuming your light may have been splashed at some point, which could surely have led to an explosion. Maybe that's what did it. They are very, very good bulbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheekypotato
Top Bottom