Please help!! Red, fleshy sak from vent

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeZiuM

Original Poster
He was only held on his back to show the sak. I'm not stupid.
Also, if you read the post, he is in another cage with no sand. Please take the time to read the post so I don't waste my time.

He is still holding on, but doesn't look any better. I don't think he will last much longer since I have no way to get him to the vet today before they close.

Any other advice? I've tried sugar water baths and lubing the sak so they could be easily pulled back in. I'm scared to try to help him by pushing them back in, especially with the negative consequences.

mellu

Juvie Member
Try to find an emergency vet, you really can't just leave him like that for another night. Call around your area. If the vet isn't closed yet just walk in with him, they'll see him due to the seriousness of his condition.

It won't easily go back in because it is such a bad prolapse, he needs a vet.

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
I know it would be difficult, but I would call a cab to get me there. Even if you did not have the money today, *most* drivers would see him and understand...even let you pay later, after all, they would know where you live and that would count for a lot.

And no respectable vet would turn him away like that, no way. So if you do not have the money today (a lot of people don't these days) it would be worked out.

Do you have a neighbor who could help get you there that you have not thought of yet? I am not being harsh, I am truly just trying to help and often when we are stressed in an emergency situation that seems hopeless our minds refuse to think clearly and others may see or think of something you could not be expected to think of.

I am NOT criticizing you at all, but you would likely be shocked as to how many people do NOT know about beardies being held upside down....many many just learn of it once they come here and they are definately not stupid, they are just still learning~~~

I hope you have an easier option than calling a taxi or maybe dial a ride type of thing, one look and any human with a heart will help...if they won't, go on to the next and try again if possible.
Also, where you live is there a Yahoo group called *Freecycle*? You would definately find someone on the site local to you that would take you.

DeZiuM

Original Poster
I actually just moved to this house, and don't know any of my neighbors, except the one who came over yelling because my 3 year old was swimming naked in the backyard.
I'm apart of Freecycle, but they are very strict that you only offer free things, I'm not sure (nor have I seen) if anyone would give rides. I offered pet supplies on there before with no answer.
I live in a big city, and the taxis here are...well..not very nice people. All of my family lives far away. My boyfriend is off tomorrow, so tonight, if he's still alive, I will find a 24-hour vet. Even if they just put him down.
Do you think that surgery would even help him? He's so small...not quite 6 months yet.

mellu

Juvie Member
A vet will be able to give you a better idea about that, hopefully it won't come to needing surgery but I don't really know having never have dealt with a prolapse. I really hope he makes it for you. I'm really glad you'll be able to get him to a vet. Good luck and give him lots of little head kisses and make sure he knows he is loved, been thinking about him all day today.

DeZiuM

Original Poster
He's actually doing worse. He smells dead and he's very cold. Going to a vet tonight but not until after 10. I don't think he'll make it to then.

SamusTheDragon

Sub-Adult Member
DeZiuM":1yn70ayc said:
He's actually doing worse. He smells dead and he's very cold. Going to a vet tonight but not until after 10. I don't think he'll make it to then.

I'm really sorry about that. I'll keep him in my thoughts. I know how hard it is to get beardies to a vet and stuff, I'm 15 and well frankly, my parents just don't wanna pay hundreds of bucks for a beardie vet. :(

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He "smells dead". What does that mean? Why would he be cold, isn't he in his tank with a heat light? He has to be suffering, isn't there any way that you can get him to the vet's before 10:00 so that he can be free of this pain?
Do you have a vet in mind? If not, you can check the vets in your area here, just scroll down and click on the appropriate state. http://herpvetconnection.com/

DeZiuM

Original Poster
He smells dead...like he's rotting. And yes, he has his heat lamp and he's in a smaller tank to try to contain the heat better, away from the air conditioning, but he is still very cold to the touch.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They are cold blooded and that's why they need heat lamps. What is the temperature of the area where he's laying now?

Do you have a vet in mind? If not, you can check the vets in your area here, just scroll down and click on the appropriate state. http://herpvetconnection.com/

DeZiuM

Original Poster
Yes I found a vet in our area, and read very positive reviews. The temp in the center of the tank is 83-85 F and it's a small 5gallon for now. He does have bigger tanks, i just have him in the small one so I can watch him easier

randommonks

Sub-Adult Member
DeZiuM":123jiblc said:
Yes I found a vet in our area, and read very positive reviews. The temp in the center of the tank is 83-85 F and it's a small 5gallon for now. He does have bigger tanks, i just have him in the small one so I can watch him easier

Hm...is there any way to raise the temperature higher, to say above 90?

DeZiuM

Original Poster
I actually just put another light on him to try to raise it. As it is right now, he doesn't even have a 'cool' side because the lights are so big.

randommonks

Sub-Adult Member
DeZiuM":3bvzww62 said:
I actually just put another light on him to try to raise it. As it is right now, he doesn't even have a 'cool' side because the lights are so big.

That's good. Yeah keep an eye on his temperatures and hopefully he'll hang on long enough to be taken to the vet tonight. Good luck to both of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Godaxus
Top Bottom