PLEASE HELP!! I think I overdosed ...New arrival!! big girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

scalesandtales

Juvie Member
Original Poster
his front arms couldnt support the pressure. It wasn't steep at all I made it the least possible. Right now I have a zoo med reptile hood on the tank, i'm going to take out the uvb bullb and see if i can pick up a uvb fizture at walmart and put the fizture in the tank and keep the hood on. How does that sound?

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
scalesandtales":4fad8 said:
his front arms couldnt support the pressure. It wasn't steep at all I made it the least possible. Right now I have a zoo med reptile hood on the tank, i'm going to take out the uvb bullb and see if i can pick up a uvb fizture at walmart and put the fizture in the tank and keep the hood on. How does that sound?
That sounds good that was actually going to be my next suggestion.Does he have any movement at all in the back?

scalesandtales

Juvie Member
Original Poster
sorry about that my key board is being dumb and is not cooperating. The raccoon I rescued decided it would be funny to eat my brand new laptop and rip off all the keys.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
scalesandtales":00725 said:
sorry about that my key board is being dumb and is not cooperating. The raccoon I rescued decided it would be funny to eat my brand new laptop and rip off all the keys.
Oh gee tell that silly raccoon keys are not food! :wink:

scalesandtales

Juvie Member
Original Poster
He doesnt have any movement in the back. Sometimes he will wiggle his tail or twitch a foot. I noticed when I started the calcium drops he immediatly showed improvement. Now when he wiggles he sometimes can push off with a back leg, or will at least try.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
scalesandtales":1d253 said:
He doesnt have any movement in the back. Sometimes he will wiggle his tail or twitch a foot. I noticed when I started the calcium drops he immediatly showed improvement. Now when he wiggles he sometimes can push off with a back leg, or will at least try.
Ok good that the calcium is helping.You can also do a little water therapy with him when he is in the bath.It has to be done under observation but swimming will be very good to get his legs movement to increase.What you do is fill up the bath normally like you would but then gradually increase the depth while he is in it.When you see him start to swim you can stop filling it up.Make sure you either have your hand or a place where he can go and rest while he is in the water.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
scalesandtales":d9388 said:
hmm uhm he didnt do so well, he didn't try to swim.
Thats ok just keep trying and also while he is in there you can move his back legs for him in a bicycle motion.It wont happen overnight but it will help.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Oh my he really is very thin also.Thats part of his leg issue also as he has no muscle tone or strength but hopefully over time he will get stronger and his function will come back.Just take it slow and easy with him you dont want to shock his system by forcing too many protiens too quickly.Are you still doing the babyfood slurry with him?He has such a sweet little face.How is Gina doing?Is that last pic her?

scalesandtales

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yea he's actually gained weight since I first got him. Yes that is gina. He hates squash so ive been giving him mashed up strawberries and baby food and also crickets/lettuce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom