PLEASE HELP!! I think I overdosed ...New arrival!! big girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

scalesandtales

Juvie Member
He is seizing like crazy every 20 minutes, is there anything I can do. i left Twitch with my brother I told him to give Twitch less than .01 of Calcium glubonate in a syringe once a day for the 3 days I was gone and he somehow he messed up and gave him more!! im freaking out i dont know what to do.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

No, he is not going to die from a calcium overdose. However, please give me his weight in grams, & I will dose him for you to make sure that you are giving the proper dosage for his weight.
Are you using a UVB light? Which one are you using? I need the type & brand of UVB light, please.
How old is he?

Tracie

scalesandtales

Juvie Member
Original Poster
it said to give .01 per gram. He is very small for his age and has mbd he is .73 grams. All my lighting is perfect ive gone over it with people on here.

MissT

BD.org Addict
If it is indeed .01 per gram and he is 73 grams, then, wouldnt that mean a dosage of .73 ??

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

If you are using beautiful dragons' calcium, it will be .1cc per 100 grams. So for your dragon of 73 grams, he would need .73 or just basically .7 cc or ml for your dragon. So, the .3 is not enough. You can safely bump it up.
I recommend doing .35 in the morning & .35 in the afternoon for better absorption rates, for up to 1 month. Then, you can go to just a once a day dosing.
Well, I still would like to know what your UVB light is. If you are using the correct UVB Light, then he shouldn't have metabolic bone disease. Which one are you using, or did you just switch to one?

Tracie

scalesandtales

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hes a rescue along with anotherbeardie, the lady had him on sand and he had never had a bath before. And had never been fed crickets and had no uvb. She claimed that her son was scared of them so they just sat in a tank. The other one is 2 years old is verytiny. Im using reptisun 10.0 the long one. its 24 inches. Oh thank god, I am terrible at math and dosages.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You mentioned in your 1st post that "He is seizing like crazy every 20 minutes", what exactly was he doing? Is he still not acting right? How close is your beardie to the UVB light?

scalesandtales

Juvie Member
Original Poster
it was so strange. When I first took him in he had no use of his back legs and they would twitch. And they got better and he started to be able to move them a little bit. and then randomly a day or 2 ago he started seizing, not like how he used to, but more intense. And now for some reason he has full use of his tail. he can move it and wiggle it. and the seizures have stopped. He is 7 inches away.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How are things going today?
Ok, great on the light & the distance. So you are positive that he is not impacted, or doesn't have a spinal injury, that you know of that could be causing the twitching or seizures? Has he had any today?

Tracie

scalesandtales

Juvie Member
Original Poster
He goes poopie everyday in his bath. there is no way he is impacted. Im not sure about a spinal injury there is a small dip at the base of his tail though. He hasnt had any seizures today, im so crazy happy! :blob8:. The other beardie hates the taste of the liquid, any suggestions? the original thread with the picture is of Gina the other poor girl that I took with Twitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom