Status
Not open for further replies.

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
gulfbrzdawn":9a6f5 said:
haleygirl272":9a6f5 said:
Drache613":9a6f5 said:
Hello,

Great that Twitch has not had a seizure in a couple of days. I hope that he is getting better.
Keep a close eye on them when they are together as Gina is much larger & could bite him. I hope that they continue to improve for you. Keep us posted on them both.

Tracie

No offense, but you are very formal! :lol:
Almost no one else is. It's kinda like "mmhmm." and you're like "Yes." If you know what I mean by that. It just makes me laugh because everyone is using computer shortcuts and lol's and you just type with correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation.

KI guess you should take this as my form of compliment pretty much saying youre smart. lol :|

No offense to you haleygirl :) ....a formal education and age could play a big part in that. I am by no means trying to be sarcastic. I too have noticed this about Tracie's posts and I believe that is the reason why her advice on this site is so highly regarded.

Dawn

Well, I guess I sort of type how I would speak. I dont litterally say things like "L-O-L' hehe.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
scalesandtales":ef91b said:
who organized this forum? What are the moderators jobs?
Alex is the admin of the forum and the job of the mods is basically just to regulate threads,make sure they stay on track and that the forum rules are adhered to.If you have any further questions please feel free to PM me or any of the other Mods.Ok back to the topic at hand:

How are your beardies doing today?

scalesandtales

Juvie Member
Original Poster
now Twitch has stress marks. He really doesnt have much use of his back legs and hes frustrated that he cant run fast to catch the crickets. What can I put him and the crickets in where he can get them but they cant jump out?

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
we used an extra "feeder bin" when we fed crickets (we're feeding superworms & dubia roaches now) -- it's a separate Sterilite container, about 1x2x1 foot tall with a split top lid, it gives the beardie a smaller area to hunt, and the sides are smooth so crix cannot jump/climb out (we still watched anyway for escapees)... we slide the feeder bin 1/2 under the sofatable, and clip one of the 100w lights up for warmth because Crash would be in there for about 10 minutes or so... how are your babes doing today?

We just rescued a 3-1/2 year old beardie a week ago, and we've found that just talking to them seems to help, it gets them used to you & your ways... they're just like kids, the calmer you are, they calmer they are too...

My hubby found a funny thing too, Xena (our new rescue) likes to have her shoulders massaged!!! Oh my, how far does the slave thing go?!? When she finally calms down on our lap, we gently rub right where the neck changes shape... they close their eyes and nestle into our fingers :lol: (spoiled rotten beardies)

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
scalesandtales":55368 said:
now Twitch has stress marks. He really doesnt have much use of his back legs and hes frustrated that he cant run fast to catch the crickets. What can I put him and the crickets in where he can get them but they cant jump out?
Using a seperate smaller bin is a good idea.I also recommend you put the crix in the fridge for 2 minutes or so.It will slow them down to a near stop and it will take them a few minutes to warm up.By that time they will be in his belly :D
So are his legs getting worse?Is he pooping normally?

scalesandtales

Juvie Member
Original Poster
How can I get him closer to the uvb, I had a half log in the but now I am afraid to because I dont want him to fall off. I have a hood on the tank. I dont want him climbing anything. Do you think it would be okay to just put down a think piece of styro foam flooring and cover it with grout? will I be able to clean it okay?

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
scalesandtales":29d7c said:
How can I get him closer to the uvb, I had a half log in the but now I am afraid to because I dont want him to fall off. I have a hood on the tank. I dont want him climbing anything. Do you think it would be okay to just put down a think piece of styro foam flooring and cover it with grout? will I be able to clean it okay?
I indurstand not wanting him to fall.You could create a ramp for him and use towels for it so even if he does fall he wont hurt himself.If you look at Jscott's tank set up he has for his special needs beardie.Its a really good way to allow for him to have a basking area and a cool area.I will see if I can find the link to some of the pics for you.

scalesandtales

Juvie Member
Original Poster
thanks. I was thinking either somehow raising the floor of the tank, or raisinh half of it, so the entire floor is a big ramp. That way he cant fall anywhere.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How are things coming along with getting your tank all organized?
Did you take a look at Jason's tank?

Tracie

scalesandtales

Juvie Member
Original Poster
that is exactly what I need!! im going to do it when i feel a little better. Ive been vomiting all day with a fever :?

scalesandtales

Juvie Member
Original Poster
:x .. attempt failed. he cmade it up the ramp fine, but on his way down he rolled over. So I think im going to just raise the whole floor.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
scalesandtales":c9de5 said:
:x .. attempt failed. he cmade it up the ramp fine, but on his way down he rolled over. So I think im going to just raise the whole floor.
Oh I am sorry to hear that maybe if you dont make the incline as steep it would work a little better.You could raise the entire floor but I would be concerned about the heat gradient and not having a good cool area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peapthis
Top Bottom