picking up beardie poop without gagging?

Status
Not open for further replies.

littlegoron

Hatchling Member
I FEEL YOUR PAIN! right now i let the poop dry before i collect it, because i just cant with the fresh poop. i have done it but i seriously wanna throw up i feel so sick haha im really weak when it comes to the ol' poop game~

it is probably better to scoop it out while it is still fresh but i am using paper towel so it easier to wait for it to dry. When i switch to slate tiles i will definitely be wiping it away when its fresh for easier clean up!

disturb3d0n3

Juvie Member
My iguana poops trained me well lol wanna talk about rancid! Her poops are bigger than my dragon (currently) I use the puppy pee pads with my iguana, she'll eat, get a drink, do her business and then bask.. I just roll the pee pad up like a diaper and double bag it in a Walmart bag, problem solved!

Holding your breath does help :p

TheGuvnor

I suppose depending on substrate you could scoop it up. I have a poop scoop, and I use play sand, so its pretty easy.
And I know when Bane is going to poo. He paces around the viv with a slightly black beard.....poop's, then pretty instantly the black beard is OK again and he goes back to his basking area.
Like clock work it is. :wink:

beardy98

Hatchling Member
Well when I got my first chicks we kept them in a rubber maid box in the basement and a couple times I puked a little. Eight months later we have a huge farm with all kinds of poultry and live stock and I don't smell a thing out there but my mom was always complaining about the smell of the poop and then I realized I was a natural farmer LOL! Unfortunately we had to sell the farm but we still have a few chickens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom