Phoenix Worms?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if feeding almost dead/recently dead phoenix worms can harm your bearded dragon.
I don't mean like the completely black ones, but one with abit of black I guess?

LJean

Extreme Poster
I've thrown some brown ones in their dishes on occasion. They were still soft but didn't move. Mine dont usually eat those though. But I was willing to give it a try. ;)

bongripper420

Original Poster
LOL k thank god
What about poor dried up crickets??
My beardie was super hungry for protein and went around eating all the dead dried up crickets
I feel super bad cause we had no worms or crickets left and all the stores were closed for Easter on Sunday ( wasn't thinking) :(

LJean

Extreme Poster
No harm no foul? ;)
I have done that before, forgetting a holiday and not being prepared. I have trouble remembering what day it is at any given time, LOL
Actually off in a few minutes to get some worms for mine. I had plenty to feed yesterday, but am out of them now. Calypso is giving me dirty looks, LOL

bongripper420

Original Poster
Lmao!
Beardies are too funny with there little personalities
I got that exact Same stare yesterday haha
These guys can sure cost you a bundle!!

LJean

Extreme Poster
Oh yeah. The smaller the bugs the more they cost too, LOL
I am glad that Calypso can finally eat superworms. They are not expensive and lots bigger than the phoenix worms!
Though at first we had some trouble with her digesting them. She has grown a few inches since we started trying them and I also give her the smallest ones in the cup. I still feed her 2x a day because she can put away many worms.

bongripper420

Original Poster
Darn
How big does you beardie need to be for superworms???
Also what do u think the next inexpensive feeder is after crickets and phoenixworms
Butterworms look good but there pretty pricey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom