Pancaked, puffed beard & eyes half closed

teacherinpjs

Beardie name(s)
Moolan
The lady has been acting like this the last couple of days. Refusing all food. Doesn’t move. Just lays like this all day long. Is this normal? It has me very worried.

Attachments

• 8BCB02F1-ABB9-4269-9B66-F16A75420BD2.jpeg
    8BCB02F1-ABB9-4269-9B66-F16A75420BD2.jpeg
    267 KB · Views: 165
  • 3D11B257-1845-46D4-8E7A-6F2D7AA1F192.jpeg
    3D11B257-1845-46D4-8E7A-6F2D7AA1F192.jpeg
    238.2 KB · Views: 119
  • DBB05942-5F4B-4532-8D85-5794701507E5.jpeg
    DBB05942-5F4B-4532-8D85-5794701507E5.jpeg
    217.9 KB · Views: 107

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It just looks to me like she's relaxing and enjoying a bask. Nice bright beard tells me she isn't in distress and is probably content.

teacherinpjs

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Moolan
It just looks to me like she's relaxing and enjoying a bask. Nice bright beard tells me she isn't in distress and is probably content.
Oh okay. What would be warning signs I should look for? First time beardiw owner ha and I’m used to her being much more alert and upright, ready to run haha. Not completely laid out flat looking lethargic.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
laying down but not in pancake mode might indicate more lethargy. Legs out and back flattened usually means relaxed/basking. Dark black beard is a big one that can indicate either distress or foul mood (not always bad on its own) and light colored beard (often white or sometimes with yellow or orange included) tends to mean good mood/content. Another thing to look for is sunken/flattened area above their eyes. That area should be arched up (like it is in your photo) rather than flattened with eyes often closed. They are small differences, but in time these mood indicators will start to stand out to you more.

teacherinpjs

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Moolan
laying down but not in pancake mode might indicate more lethargy. Legs out and back flattened usually means relaxed/basking. Dark black beard is a big one that can indicate either distress or foul mood (not always bad on its own) and light colored beard (often white or sometimes with yellow or orange included) tends to mean good mood/content. Another thing to look for is sunken/flattened area above their eyes. That area should be arched up (like it is in your photo) rather than flattened with eyes often closed. They are small differences, but in time these mood indicators will start to stand out to you more.
Okay. Phew. Thank you!!

Staff online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buddy- The Bearded Dragon
Top Bottom