Oliver Is a Girl and just laid eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrdedman

Hi not sure how much off an emergency this is but Oliver, might need to change the name, just laid 16 non-fertile eggs. what do i need to do now?

100_0186.jpg

Thanks for any help,

Harry

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Well, can you post a pic of her ? Offer her food [ sometimes they dig all around the cage after they lay,even when there's no sand or dirt] If she doesn't eat, give her a warm bath, hopefully she'll drink, you can even dribble a little water on her nose to kick in the drinking response. Dry her off + put her back in under the heat lamp. Offer pretty much food as she wants, and be sure to dust with calcium at least every other day for a while. She may lay again in about 3 weeks. Oh, and you will have an easy choice to change her name I think. Just drop the "r" , maybe now call her " Olive ". The eggs can be tossed out of course.

hrdedman

Original Poster
Awesome thanks for the reply. As of right now she is hanging under the heat lamp and the last three weeks she has been digging around the cage. Her diet as of late has diminished all though I have been able to feed her about three crickets by hand every couple of hours. I will soak her and see if she will drink.

Harry

hrdedman

Original Poster
So, I gave Olive(r) a warm bath and put drops of water on her nose which she immediately stuck her tongue out to drink. Eventually she started to drink the bathwater she was in, obviously she was thirsty. As for eating, I was able to hand feed her a couple calcium dusted crix and 20 phoenix worms.

Harry

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Sounds great....they usually are pretty thirsty after laying. Her appetite should return to normal very soon, and she'll probably want to eat like a bear. Be sure to feed her extra, including lots of greens, but give her pretty much whatever she wants.

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
they will sometimes lay several clutches so if you see her digging again fill a litter box with damp sand mixed with dirt so she has somewhere to dig and lay her eggs.

bdalton

Sub-Adult Member
That's funny that your boy laid eggs ;)

You could call her Ollie, that's cute :)

Bet that was a SUPRISE!

hrdedman

Original Poster
bdalton":bnj3gnif said:
That's funny that your boy laid eggs ;)

You could call her Ollie, that's cute :)

Bet that was a SUPRISE!

You can say that again! The last couple of weeks I just thought the her increase in activity and digging was just because of spring aproaching... I was way off.

As for the name change I just dropped the r and Olive will be short for Olivia.

Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom