Okay.. now what do I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloraBelle

Hello,
I have a 8-9 week old bearded dragon baby. I have been feeding him dubias and reptiworms, plus his greens with some other veggies mixed in (he doesn't eat a lot of greens, but a little every morning). He loved the reptiworms, but he is less enthusiastic about the dubia. I invested in a colony of dubia, and I know they are good for him. How can I get him to eat them? If all else fails, are reptiworms (black soldier fly larvae) a good staple? I just don't want to get into crickets.. I am afraid they will bite my baby if I miss some in the cage at night.... I think the dubia are too inactive - they don't attract his attention very much.. and if I let take them out of the dish and let them run, they immediately hide and that's the end of it.
I have tried feeding him in a separate container, but that doesn't work at all. He just looks at me like "please put me back in my house"......
Any suggestions appreciated.

ONe more thing... everyone talks about these massive amounts of food babies are supposed to eat..... 50 crickets???? What about dubia and reptiworms? How many?
My boy is growing, and he looks good.... but he doesn't eat as much as I have have read he is supposed too.. (i.e. 50-60 crickets a day and such).... Thanks~

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
I let mine hunt on a sheet laid over the bed. Maybe try dropping one at a time and it should try to run. If it doesn't try nudging it with some tongs. I usually feed them dubias in a small bowl (cat or hamster feeding bowl). If they don't move then I shake the bowl a little and they start moving. Dubias are good at hiding. They drive me nuts when they escape the bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom