Norris Notes - Two years already?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McSkweeky

Juvie Member
He looks so grumpy! I think he could give Dres a run for his money with that attitude. He is looking great though! His little belly is getting plump :) He is gonna be a looked when all the shed finally comes off. I can't wait for updated length and weight!

I finally got my pee pollen in. Do you just offer it to Norris and he eats it? I want to start giving it to Dres and Nezzie.

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
He is still a shrimp. *LOL* he might be a she, btw. We are tossing around the idea of Norrisa. I've been waiting for my husband to notice on his own as a sort of second opinion and he did so ummm, not too worried about it but Norris is just sort of looking more like a one lump than a two. So, I really don't know which pronoun to use but I'm going to test out the female for a bit. *LOL* She was gaining a steady one gram a day but of course then did the all body shed which slowed that right down. Her (man, that is hard to do) new length is 8 1/2 but her weight is only 19 grams. I'm hoping for 20 tonight. The shed revealed more orange around her belly/side spikes but her back bars have faded quite a bit. I'm going to do some side by side photos and maybe a undignified under tail shot so everyone can judge if a 'A' needs to be added to Norris' name. We purchased Norris(a) on July 4th so we've had her for almost ten weeks. I am going to have to make him another anniversary salad!!! Norris ate a lots of salad today. I was impressed. He had organic dandelion greens with a light mix of bok choy, radish zest and a mango garnish...he didn't tip.

Post Shed Pics coming later!

EDIT: oh, I don't know exactly how old he is because he was one of those pet shop babies that you see and think... Oh Em Gee! They are selling them THAT small!?!

MissT

BD.org Addict
Well at least he is finally growing well now. Kazi was 4.5 inches when we got him :( He was 8 grams then and he was 11grams 5 days later. Once he hit the 8 inch mark there was no stopping his growing so I hope Norris is the same!!

EDIT- il find my diary later n have a look to see what Kazi weighed at 8.5 inches :)

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
The earliest weight and measure that we have for Norris is 5 and a half inches and only 6 grams. That was after he had been with us for nearly a month! But it should be noted that the week prior to that was really touch and go with him eating at all. He went through his first (we assume) shed and had problems with a cricket bite and just went off food which is what had us rushing to buy the digital scale. Not only did Norris devour his salad today, he just chomped 22 dubia nymphs for his first live food feeding of the day. They are tiny guys..getting down to the bottom of the feeder barrel here...can't wait for the new order to come in. (am I really saying this??) I just caught Norris holding one hand on his belly in a "I'm SOOO full" pose. I really really wish the camera had been closer! He looked like Jabba the Hutt.

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Post shed, post big meal. Norris was basking but I bugged just long enough to snap a couple quick shots.
Aftershedbask.jpg

Tree! Give me back my hot lamp...I need it!

Legshead.jpg

without the flash and with the basking bulb up, you can see a lot of dubia in that belly. You can also tell that she is doing a Des impersonation. Norris has been working on it for a while now!! :D :D :D

I still will put up a pre/post shed pic, just have to go eat lunch yum!

1. I will figure out a pronoun use for Norris. I will post a picture and get a consensus.

2. Does Norris have bags under his eyes? is that from the nasty full body shed???

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Maggie! Bee Pollen, I missed that! I usually use baby food to get it in. I put a dab of baby food on his chin and stick the pollen (it works like glue! ) into the food and slurp, it all gets licked away. I also put a few little grains into his leaf dish and sometimes he nabs one from that also. :D

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
Hi Carrie :)

Aww, Norrissa! (sp?lol) I love it! Well, if he/she turns out to be a she :D Yes, the pics would be great then we will know for sure! Pics! :blob5:

Razz loves the Bee Pollen. I smash it up and sprinkle it on his salad...or sometimes his dubia. It sticks well when ground up, but Gail told me it disolves in water so sometimes I put a few pieces on top of wet greens and it sticks.

It has some great ingredients :)

Those shedding pics are AWESOME! LOL

~Sherri

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Norris or Norrisa. Well, we took a couple of pictures and umm, in all three I have to say it looks more male but yet when looking at Norris prior times he looked like a she.

WARNING the following pictures are of Dragon Tails. 8) Viewer Discretion is advised!

Okay, so I tried the first time after Norris' bath when he is usually zenned out and at the most ready to walk around on the bed a little bit. He would NOT stay still. I finally wrapped him in a towel and snapped this but it came out from an angle. Blah! You mean we have to do this again!?!

Dragonbutt3.jpg

I couldn't see the normal femaleness I had been seeing so yes...we took Norris back out for round two. Hubby took a few pictures while I did the tail lifting. Norris immediately was ticked as the stress marks indicate and well, they make it pretty hard to tell again but they sure make it look more male than he usually looks.
Dragonbutt1.jpg

while this picture doesn't really show anything any better in my opinion...it does show Norris' supremely indignant expression and death glare!
Dragonbutt2.jpg

so, in all of these I lean more towards boy but I swear I was only seeing a girl bump before...? Poor Norris, whatever the gender, there are now embarrassing naked baby photos in his thread!

Norris says "I am NOT AMUSED."
notamused.jpg

to which I can only say "Look at those spikes!!"

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
And because I feel like I've been posting nothing but grumpy pictures of Norris lately. (although he is a tad persnickety!)

Here is a happy totally zenned out dragon from tonight's bath. I know everyone does them different, here baths are on my hand, in nice warm water and I dribble water over him until he's done or I'm done. Nice soft music and a tub on the bed...there's no splashing, he walks up my arm when he's had enough but usually I'm done first after about 15 mins or so. He lays on my hand and only moves to get more comfortable or drink. Eyes are often closed and sometimes he tilts his head way up. He gets lots of rubs and seems to really enjoy himself and comes out of the tub all mellow like this. He just sort of sprawls until he feels like exploring around the bed.

ZenBath.jpg

EDIT: I somehow forgot to post my best news of all. After eating 46 small nymphs and having a double helping of salad today Norris not only finally broke the elusive 20 gram mark, he pulled himself up to 22 grams. We checked about four times! Go Norris!

MissT

BD.org Addict
I just dont know - I think he is still a little too little to really tell.... remember, it can take a while for the 2 'lumps' to appear in boys.... Kazi was a 'she' until he was 4 months old!

MissT

BD.org Addict
Carrie, I just checked Kazi's chart - once he hit 8.5inches, he gained an average of 10 grams per week - prior to that he was only gaining 5 grams per week so perhaps Norris will be similar :D

I forgot to say I LOVE his 'not amused' poses! He is just so totally adorable!

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
I agree, the first pic looks more like a boy than the other pics look like a girl...did that make sense to you? LOL :mrgreen:

Either way...he so adorable!

Sherri

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks Christina, that does make me feel better! I'm hoping for lots of days like yesterday. If he does that, I can easily see him gaining 10-15 grams a week! :D

And thanks to all three of you for looking over Norris' bits. He really was looking more like a she when I peeked and when my husband came up and said the same I figured there it was...but the photo does look more male. We'll just let him grow into his bits more *LOL* and keep calling him like we always have. We are fine with whatever, naturally. I admit I personally would prefer a male because I lost a female cockatiel to egg binding. I'll just worry about it more, I think.

McSkweeky

Juvie Member
Mirthy":3d7l2l3t said:
And because I feel like I've been posting nothing but grumpy pictures of Norris lately. (although he is a tad persnickety!)

Here is a happy totally zenned out dragon from tonight's bath. I know everyone does them different, here baths are on my hand, in nice warm water and I dribble water over him until he's done or I'm done. Nice soft music and a tub on the bed...there's no splashing, he walks up my arm when he's had enough but usually I'm done first after about 15 mins or so. He lays on my hand and only moves to get more comfortable or drink. Eyes are often closed and sometimes he tilts his head way up. He gets lots of rubs and seems to really enjoy himself and comes out of the tub all mellow like this. He just sort of sprawls until he feels like exploring around the bed.

ZenBath.jpg

EDIT: I somehow forgot to post my best news of all. After eating 46 small nymphs and having a double helping of salad today Norris not only finally broke the elusive 20 gram mark, he pulled himself up to 22 grams. We checked about four times! Go Norris!

EDIT: somehow managed to post this bit IN the quoted text...I need to stop using my phone to reply to people :lol:

You are doing a great job Carrie! S/He is doing wonderful! I love after bath photos. Looking at the embarrassing photos of the vent I'm leaning towards a girl, but we'll just have a wait a bit to make sure. It's never easy with the little ones is it? After Doyle passed I wanted another boy for the same egg binding worries, and now I've got one of each. To my knowledge Nezzie has never laid eggs, fertile or otherwise. I'm pretty sure I'd freak if she ever started to lay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mangomom
Top Bottom