Newly Rescued Beardie has Fungus?

Mulanthebeardie

Original Poster
Hello everyone, I just rescued a female bearded dragon a few days ago from my cousin. I am new at caring for beardie, so I was perplexed when I saw that the beardie has a dull color and it’s getting darker to the tail. He said that there is nothing to worry about, but I am still concerned. Could you guys take a look and possibly help me to see if there’s anything wrong with my beardie? Thank you so much <3

Mulanthebeardie

Original Poster
I am planning to take her to the vet but I could not do it until next week, So maybe there's something I could do as a first aid. Is it Fungus? And why is there black patches around her back?
WhatsApp Image 2023-05-26 at 10.25.47.jpeg

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Very pretty dragon 🐉, i don't see anything from that pic. Can you post pics of the area your concerned about?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
From the picture you posted, I see no issues. No fungus is visible (fungus is extremely rare).

The tail darkening is extremely common, and is actually a normal behavior just the same as head bobbing, arm waving, and black bearding are.

-Brandon

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
23parkera
Top Bottom