Newly Rescued Beardie has Fungus?

Mulanthebeardie

Original Poster
Hello everyone, I just rescued a female bearded dragon a few days ago from my cousin. I am new at caring for beardie, so I was perplexed when I saw that the beardie has a dull color and it’s getting darker to the tail. He said that there is nothing to worry about, but I am still concerned. Could you guys take a look and possibly help me to see if there’s anything wrong with my beardie? Thank you so much <3

Mulanthebeardie

Original Poster
I am planning to take her to the vet but I could not do it until next week, So maybe there's something I could do as a first aid. Is it Fungus? And why is there black patches around her back?
WhatsApp Image 2023-05-26 at 10.25.47.jpeg

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Very pretty dragon 🐉, i don't see anything from that pic. Can you post pics of the area your concerned about?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
From the picture you posted, I see no issues. No fungus is visible (fungus is extremely rare).

The tail darkening is extremely common, and is actually a normal behavior just the same as head bobbing, arm waving, and black bearding are.

-Brandon

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom