NEW TO FORUMING PERIOD =] HELP ME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
HEY DONT HAVE A PHOTO OF MY BEARDIE CHEWY YET BUT I WIL HAVE IT UP TOMOROW.. =]

JUS NEED SOME POINTERS ON HOW THIS WORKS..LOOKIN FOWARD TO GAINING PLENTY KNOWLEDGE FROM HERE !!

WELL UNTIL TOMOROW ! BYE

Grogshla

Juvie Member
search through the forum and check out any info that appeals to you.
from here you can click on new posts and see what the latest threads are.
all the best mate. Take care and welcome

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
Hi and Welcome!! :wave: The best way to get started.. Is to just start asking questions.. Find the appropriate section on the board and ask away! :D

lIFEkILLS11

Original Poster
Hey thanks you guys... yah im a new beardie owner ...so im jus trying to get some pionters=]

Heres a pick of my Beardie ..Chewy!

chewy001.jpg

chewy006.jpg

sorry not much of a computer guy so i didnt know how to resize it ...

anyways what do u think of my lil guy ? any ponter?
looks healthy?

how old does he look?

thx =]

lIFEkILLS11

Original Poster
WAS HOPING SOMEONE WUD BE ABLE TO HELP ME OUOT WITHT THT... IVE BEEN TOLD HE LOOKS 3-4 MONTHS OLD BUT THEN AGEN IM CLUELESS...
OPINION?

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
lIFEkILLS11":2fkfo233 said:
WAS HOPING SOMEONE WUD BE ABLE TO HELP ME OUOT WITHT THT... IVE BEEN TOLD HE LOOKS 3-4 MONTHS OLD BUT THEN AGEN IM CLUELESS...
OPINION?
Unless you know the hatch date its hard to tell.. B/c they all grow @ different rates..

lIFEkILLS11

Original Poster
DARN =/ WELL AT THIS POINT SHUD I BE WORRIED ABT HIS SIZE AND LEGNTH? HE EATS AND POOPS LIKE A CHAMP SO IM NOT REALLY WORRIED...

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
lIFEkILLS11":2x1anbj2 said:
DARN =/ WELL AT THIS POINT SHUD I BE WORRIED ABT HIS SIZE AND LEGNTH? HE EATS AND POOPS LIKE A CHAMP SO IM NOT REALLY WORRIED...

How long is he and what does he weigh?

lIFEkILLS11

Original Poster
I JUS MEASURED HIM AND HES ROUGHLY ABT 11 INCHES WITH THE TAIL AND 4-5 INCHES WITHOUT.. DONT KNOW HOW MUCH HE WIEGHS..WHERE CAN I BUY A SCALE?

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
You need a scale that weighs in grams.. I got a scale from Bed Bath and Beyond.. It's the biggest loser scale.. U can probably find one at walmart or target.. Just to give u an idea.. Scarlett, my beardie, hatched on Oct 2nd.. She's 3 months old and she's about 9" long and weighs about 30 grams.. Like i said though every beardie is different but maybe that will kinda give u some idea..

lIFEkILLS11

Original Poster
HEY APPRECIATE IT THANKS ...

CAN U GIVE ME AN IDEA ON UR FEEDING SCHEDULE FOR SCARLET? RIGHT NOW I HAVE CHEWY ON A SCGEDULE OF 10-12 CRICKETS IN THE AM AND 10-12 IN THE PM AROUND 5ISH .. A SALAD OCCAISIONALLY..

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
lIFEkILLS11":1zfan7wm said:
HEY APPRECIATE IT THANKS ...

CAN U GIVE ME AN IDEA ON UR FEEDING SCHEDULE FOR SCARLET? RIGHT NOW I HAVE CHEWY ON A SCGEDULE OF 10-12 CRICKETS IN THE AM AND 10-12 IN THE PM AROUND 5ISH .. A SALAD OCCAISIONALLY..

No Prob! Well the rule of thumb is let them eat as much as they can in 10 minutes.. 10-12 doesn't sound like enough.. Scarlett usually eats about 25-30 in one feeding.. Her lights come on @ 6am and then about 7:00am I will put her greens in there.. (you should offer greens everyday) She will usually eat a few of those b/c she is hungry and then about 7:30 before I leave for work I will put her crickets in there.. I also buy the reptiworms which you can use as a staple to give her some variety.. If you can only get yours to eat about 10-12 at one time then u can get some reptiworms and leave some in his bowl when you leave... Then I feed her again when I get home about 6:00... Make sure that you are only feeding him crickets the size b/t his eyes and also another important thing is to make sure that before you feed him that he has had time to warm up and bask for at least an hour or so and then at night make sure he has enough time to bask for at least hour to two hours before the lights go off.. This is very imperative for digestion.. Make sure you dust one feeding per day with calcium and 2x a week multi vitamins..

BeardieGrandma

Juvie Member
Chewy looks cool.

Dragons should eat as much as they want in a 10-15 minute period 2X a day - some can mow down upwards of 40-50 crickets in each sitting. Be sure to dust one meal of crickets a day with calcium powder, 5 days a week. the other 2 days, dust with vitamin supplements. You should offer him a variety of live feeders - as a baby that should be crickets, reptiworms, and small dubia roaches. No mealworms.
You need to offer him salad everyday, whether he eats it or not. He will eventually recognize it as food and eat it. When he's an adult, he should eat 80% vegetation, and 20% protein. As a growing baby, it's 80% protein, and 20% vegetation. Offer greens as a daily staple (collard, mustard greens, or chard), along with various veggies to add color and variety. A guide to acceptable food and frequency can be found here: http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/Nutritionframeset.html

Mine is 6.5 mos old, 16" long, and weighs 249 grams. I weigh her on a food scale that weighs in grams. You can buy online from amazon or get from local bed, bath, beyond or walmart (maybe?). She eats 40 crickets in the AM, along with 15 reptiworms, and a salad, and in the evening, eats another 40 crickets (these are 3/8" to 1/2" in size).

candycorn.jpg

Joga says Hi!

lIFEkILLS11

Original Poster
OH BOY IVER HERD SO MANY DIFFERENT OPINIONS ABOUT THIS SUBJECT =/.

BUT IMA TRY THT TODAY....SO TWICE A DAY 20-30 EACH FEEDING IS GOOD? < AND YAH IMA START WAKING UP EARLIER TO PUT HIS SALAD IN AND TURN ON HIS LIGHT...I USUALLY DONT GET HIS LIGHT ON TILL 10 ..THE TURN IT OFF AT 9 PM...STILL TWELVE OR 11 HOURS JUS ISNT THE SAME AS WEN OUR SUN GOES UP AND DOWN..

THX FOR THE ADVICE I APPRECIATE IT VERY MUCH..N BEARDIES USUALLY POOP IN THE MORNIGS ? OR WHEN >? AND EVERYDAY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom