new from NH, sorry long intro....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelcifer

Hatchling Member
Hello everyone on DB.Org my boyfriend, new Dragon Kansas, and I are new to the board. I have had reptiles for years starting with my parents 6 foot green iguana, then i moved to snakes, then gekcos, long tailed lizards and anoles. My boyfriend of three years never owned a cold blooded pet before and Kansas is our first pet reptile together. He is my first bearded after a couple years of doing research on them I had wanted to buy one however I wanted to wait a little longer before buying one. However I was working part time at a local pet store and I thats where I found Kansas. After about four weeks of handling him around the store and taking care of him, my boyfriend also came in and handled him too, we became attached to him. He has such an attitude and such a great personality that he came home with us the day before our three year anni. We've had him now for Four weeks and we are thinking about finding another dragon later in the year. I would like a nice red female or even a blue-ish translucent. The snow dragons are neat but I'm not sure what the genetic out come of producing more snows when bred to a translucent or citrus. I'm not sure what Kansas is as of yet since he wasn't in the best of care when we got him. Now with a proper diet he is growing and getting more colour. He is getting orange yellow stripes around his eyes, cheeks, head bumps, arms, legs, and bands around his tail. He looks like a leather back by the patterns on his back. Once I get my camera up and running I'll post some pictures of him maybe some one here can help with describing him. He is about two years old according to the petshop (I no longer work there due to my other job.) and he is only 15 to 16 inches long. his legs were thin since he didn't get alot of excersize for over a year while he was at the store. Yes my poor Dragon was living in the store for over a year with no one wanting him on top of not getting enough to eat or the vitamins or minerals he really needed (only 5 supper worms a day no veggies or crickets or fruits or anything). So we kinda rescued Kansas. When he first came home he ate like a pig both the bugs and the veggies, this past week however he hasn't been eatting the bugs like normal, I think he might be starting burmation, and he stopped eatting the veggies after the first week of getting him. We offer them daily but he doesn't eat them. I even tried baby food and he tried it but that was it. He tries things and if he doesn't like them then he wont eat them. He gets a bath three times a week since I have him on sand (he was on mulch at the petshop) and he likes to step in his water and get dirty but he goes to the bathroom every two days, last week he went everyday for three days! His leg muscles are building up now that he has calcium and vitamins and daily romps around the house under close supervision since he seems to run into walls once he gets trotting. He comes into bed with us when we watch a movie and does the funniest thing, he'll walk around on the bed and find a nice spot (which is usually between me and my boyfriend) make a funny wriggling motion like a cat settling into a bed, stretch, flatten out and settle in and watch T.V. for a while before falling asleep with his head on one of us. He is such an awesome dragon that my boyfriend wants to build a custome enclosures for him after we move to our new place. the new "tank" is blue printed at 2.5' W X 6' L X 2'H we drew out the plans and I really can't wait to start building it. However I've been with animals all my life and always wanted to do something with them. Getting Kansas has made me realize that I want to eventually open my own specialty shop to help teach people proper care of their reptiles and show people that reptiles are still neat creatures that need love and care just as much as a cat or dog. I would like to do more research on breeding dragons and produce my own morphs in the future. Kansas is teaching us alot about the breed of reptiles and having him is such a joy that I would like to add another dragon in the future. Right now I'm researching cost of supplies and other such things for opening my shop. After reading some of the state laws, I realize that the shop I was working for was in violation of more then a couple and I didn't want anything to do with that. My regret leaving there was a two year old ball python I named Dio. He would have been my next rescue project (still might be since my dad was thinking about getting back into reptiles. He wants a frilled dragon and a water dragon since he loves the dragons) The snake would have to stay at his house until we move to the new place for my current land lord is deathly afraid of snakes. So no snakes until our lease is up and we move to our new house yay! Well thats my intro for now I'll post pictures as soon as I take them and will keep on check out everyones post to learn more about these reptiles.
Kelcifer
Trav
Kansas

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Welcome all three ! Bully for you for planning and researching before you got Kansas ! I think it is awesomely GREAT ! that you wish to open a specialty store, and really give the right advice to all the new comers to these fabulous animals !
Janie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Godaxus
Top Bottom