New Beardie!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yep home improvement stores --- go directly to their website like Home Depot Lowes Menards etc and search for them you dont need an expensive one ---
Karrie

WinFam01

Juvie Member
KarrieRee":2gcbscpy said:
Yep home improvement stores --- go directly to their website like Home Depot Lowes Menards etc and search for them you dont need an expensive one ---
Karrie
Yes, that's what I've done. Can't find one for less than $30something.

WinFam01

Juvie Member
MrSpectrum":8l5jg5sv said:
This is the temp gun many of us have
https://www.amazon.com/Etekcity-Lasergrip-774-Non-contact-Thermometer/dp/B00837ZGRY
It's currently out of stock almost everywhere (including the mfr) except one place I found that's gouging it for 6+ times the price it was on Amazon. It should be around $15.

Something comparable should be fine--if you can find one. :wink:
Thanks Spec! I found one at an auto supply place for $30, but then by the time you factor in shipping, that's not a small chunk of change for those of us on a budget.

zachburnav

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hey everyone. Tokyo has beeb doing good lately. This is gonna be a kinda gross question. But does this stool look healthy?
108150-6328516523.jpg
When I went to feed him some food I also noticed that this one was quite smelly.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
How bad of a smell ? Enough to drive you from the room smell ? Are you feeding crickets? The poop looks good --- white urate and moist --- so hes hydrated --- if his basking temps are good and your UVB is good and properly placed he should be able to keep the parasites away ---
Karrie

zachburnav

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I fees him crickets and some salad in the morning. He doesn't eat much of the salad but he loves the crickets. The smell wasn't too bad, but it was pretty smelly compared to other times. It didn't spread to the room, and it's mostly gone inside the enclosure too.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok sometimes crickets can cause parasites that is why I asked --- but if your husbandry is good he will be able to fight the parasites off -- also you can switch his crickets to dubias --- they are a better staple feeder anyway --- more nutritious --- easier to keep they dont chirp last longer and they dont fly or infest or escape ---- you can order them on line and keep them in a plastic tote or 10 gallon aquarium --- feed them dubia food along w/ carrots for hydration -- do not feed your dragon carrots too much Vit A
www.dubiaroches.com
www.reptilesplus.com
www.reptilianarts.com they have good silk worms as a staple feeder as well -- if your order bulk make sure you get food for them as you will haft to feed them and clean containers out daily
www.coastilsilkworms.com east coast was out try the west coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom