New Addition Juuji

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so on friday I will paying for my newest addition to the family, so i thought I should make her a thread too!
Her name is Juuji, she is currently 14 inches long and 89 grams. She was hatched on March 9, 2010. She is a german giant from Rio Reptiles- Cheryl... *Thank you for everything Cheryl* I cant wait to see her! :blob8: I am trying to get the day off for that day so i can be home when she arrives, if not she will have to come to the vet clinic where i work... (not a big deal but probably not as comfy as her new home) I'm so excited that i may come out of my skin!!! ahhhh!!!!
Anyways... enough jabber... here is a pic that Cheryl sent me.... She will probably be a patternless adult!!
This is her... sorry only one pic for now!
P1180093.jpg

She is so beautiful!! :love10:

Phoenix17June2009

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
ajkry2":dkgvs6ms said:
Phoenix17June2009":dkgvs6ms said:
i emailed the roach guy so as soon as he gets time to respond i'll let you know what i find out!! :D
:notworthy:

hahahahah thats right.. i'm whipped... :whip: :laughhard: but that can never be a bad thing lol!!!

Phoenix17June2009

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I have Juuji a vet visit set up for the 16th of July at 4p, just for a general check up, physical, fecal, and i'll be testing Phoenix's fecal yet agian... but the doct said phoenix looks great that unless problems arrise there is no need to bring him in... i hope his fecal is clear this time... poor guy.

Phoenix17June2009

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
hey guys,
i sent Cheryl a text and asked her what she thought about dropping 5 ish roaches in with my baby so that she had something to snack on during the day, she thinks it would be okay... Juuji is a good eater for me so i dont think they would be in there long anyways,lol! but i just wanted to share that with you guys. tomorrow is saturday so i'll give it a try tomorrow and let yall know how it goes. I think it would be best if this worked out, that way the hubby isnt playing with her and distracting her and she can stay warm in her enclosure... that means we will have to take the blanket out before dropping in the buggies...hmm... she might get mad abou that... hmm...

Phoenix17June2009

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Juuji has had a load of fun the past few days! Take a look
Hmm lets start with bath time shall we? This happened today!
087.jpg

082.jpg

084.jpg

Yepp.... my little explorer!
088.jpg

After bath..
092.jpg

092.jpg

okay now here we are learning about the covers on mommys bed...
036.jpg

035.jpg

034.jpg

033.jpg

055.jpg

053-1.jpg

039.jpg

041.jpg

This was when i was putting her in her feeding tub, first of all she didnt want to be in there so she proceeded to hang on tight...
046.jpg

048.jpg

But then she figured out why i wanted her in there...
101.jpg

103.jpg

104.jpg

This playtime on her Jungle-Jim..... mommy
032.jpg

052.jpg

she jumped off me and got in my laundry...it was fresh out of the dryer so it was nice and warm..
050-1.jpg

outside time:
so she is too small for a leash but i still want her to enjoy the outside, so i invested in a thick screened 65 gallon enclosure from LLLReptile.com I hightly recommend it!!
Its lightweight and it kept her safe w/o me having to worry about a bird getting her or her getting scared and darting!
094.jpg

096.jpg

100.jpg

098.jpg

well thats all for now folks....
jordan

ajkry2

Gray-bearded Member
Awwww :love5: what a freaking cutie!!! Thanks for the update :mrgreen:

Man, I gotta get one of those outdoor enclosures ;)

Phoenix17June2009

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
AJ I love that thing! it is on sale for 29.99 right now, its awesome. I put her in it as i was cleaning her Viv *good thing too* because we were outside only for a few mins but she was startled by the dog barking and shot off, lucky for me she was in there so she couldn't go anywhere!! :D

Phoenix17June2009

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
so Jason emailed me back:
me: First off good Friday morning to you!
I have a new addition to my beardie family and she is about 15 weeks old, but loves the Dubia… I do have 2 colonies that are booming… now for the question… she is very young so she needs to be fed a few times a day, but I have to work =( my husband tries to feed her but I she won’t have it, not sure why but it’s not happening… so I leave the house at 530a and get home about 530p with that being said is it okay to choose a few smaller Dubia for her and drop them in her tank for her to munch on throughout the day? Will they chew or bother her? She does get a salad so I was thinking that if she didn’t eat them all at once they would hopefully munch on that as opposed to her? What do you think? I would make sure they have no hiding places so that she can see them well… but I’m very worried about them hurting her. One person suggested putting them in a container of some form but I don’t think she will be able to get to them that way as she is very tiny…
What do you think? If you have any suggestions I would LOVE to hear them… thank you in advanced for taking the time to help an over paranoid beardie mommy!!

Jason: well i as well would say put them in a small glass bowl something small like 2" tall wal-mart has some nice small dishes you could try i don't think it would be a problem for her to get out those little guys can jump with no problem. i would put something beside the dish so she knows they are in there she can climb up and look down and think holly crap roaches lol. also this is a good way to train her how to eat early she will go to the bowl for food.
but your other question no i don't think they would bother her at all but im cant say 100% they want if you know what i mean.

i still have the bowl like thing she was shipped in so i put about 6-8 roaches in there and it is small enough for her to get in, but the roaches cant figure out how to get out of it lol! that way she can eat them as she pleases during the day while i'm working... i tried it on sunday and it worked so great! i do check the viv *just in case one of hte roaches is smart and escapes* as of yesterday all is good. I'll let yall know what i find tonight, hopefully same results... :D

fez09

Extreme Poster
Is Juuji eating out of her bowl?? I tried it with Chencho today and there were a few missing but I'm not positive that he ate them...
I posted a few pics of him though!

Phoenix17June2009

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
yep kat she will eat out of the bowl!!!! hahaha she is such a goof ball! Idk why i posted that date as our vet visit... i must of been thinking about that day for some reason but our vet day is 1-July-10 at 10a. Juuji is going for a fecal exam and physical examination. i'll post updates later....

yeah kat the hubby puts the bowl in the same spot every morning and there are usually about 6 in there, by the time i get home she has gone through them and i feed her as many more as she wants which is usually about 4 so she eats about 10 roaches a day :shock: :D a friend of mine gave me 10 silkworms but neither of my beardies are interested.... i think its a worm thing... maybe i'll try some horns... not sure yet though... oh and dont worry i know shes eating them because i pick up hte papertowel and check under/in it lol so she must of eaten them :mrgreen:

Phoenix17June2009

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
lets start with Sunday.... sunday is cleaning day. so laundry is done, my dogs baby pools are cleaned out and yes its beardie viv cleaning day... take a look
002.jpg

she is so thinking about throwing her salad everywhere..
001.jpg

yesterday Juuji had her first vet visit and fecal :blob8: :blob5: My veterinarian said he had never seen *other than phoenix* dragons that were is such good shape! He was very impressed at how well they both are! CHERYL AND JESSICA ROCK! anyways he's sending the fecals off to the lab and he did tell me that with the holiday hes not sure if they will be there Monday or not but its no biggie. i told him to just give me a call whenever.
Juuji had a load of adventures yesterday. First i woke her up *she wasn't happy about that* but she warmed up quickly and we rode to my friend Alecia's house. Alecia fell immediately in love with Juuji so needless to say if she got antsy i would hand her to Alecia and she was just fine :D
013-1.jpg

so after we picked up Alecia we went to the Air Force Base, I left driving directions at work,lol. The gate guard looked at us very funny as we drove through with a lizard attached to us,lol :D while we were out there we decided to grab a quick breakfast so we went to the golf course and had a great breakfast, then it was back in the car to go to the vet. We got there at 945a filled out paperwork and Juuji wanted to hide on her daddy
011-1.jpg

there was a point here she was hiding almost in his shirt... she was a little nervous... she weighed in at 81 grams, and he said she was stunning! After the vet, i was really needing just 2 new pairs of jeans so Juuji went into Ross. Now idk if all of you have a Ross in your area but if you don't you are really missing out... name brand stuff for less!! i love that place, anyways, Juuji picked me out 2 pairs of jeans!! *sorry no pics* then we went home. Now even though there are no pics of the Ross shopping, i do have some really neat pics....
"I'm so happy to be home"
015.jpg

"No i really dont want to talk to you mom...
013.jpg

008.jpg

006.jpg

011.jpg

015.jpg

Now this one is so neat IMO
014.jpg

i love how you can see her reflection!

well folks thats all i've got for now...

OH wait!
27-June-2010 was my one year wedding anniversary!
005.jpg

they are so beautiful! sorry they have nothing to do with this thread but Juuji keeps trying to get over to them...

fez09

Extreme Poster
Hey lady, Happy anniversary!
Great new pics, I love the ones with her reflection. 81 grams! Wow, Chencho is 20 grams!!!! Isn't that crazy!

Phoenix17June2009

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
just got the fecal results in ....
Juuji has coccida but no pin worms! wow... :( the good news is phoenix is rid of the coccida but has the pinworms! round and round we go lol!

fez09

Extreme Poster
Awwwww, poor little Juuji fruit!!! Well, at least you can get it cleared up with some meds...That's weird how Phoenix had 1 and now he has the other!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom