Naturally constipated??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbklann

I am new to this site, and I am wondering if my beardie Zilla is just an infrequent pooper? I have had him since September; he is about 9-10 months old, and for as long as I have had him, he never pooped more than 2X a week max. When he does go, it smells pretty strong. He eats mostly insects; although I give him various greens he won't usually eat any. For the past few weeks, now, his appetite seems to have diminished. I don't know his weight, but he is about 14" long & judging from the pictures I see, he looks to be of average weight. (I am scheduling a vet visit tomorrow as I am starting to worry - he doesn't bask much lately and the change in appetite has me concerned as well.) Could he be dehydrated? How can you tell? Thanks~

omg87

My bearded usually poops at least once or twice a day. If he doesn't or is constipated, I'd dab a little bit of olive oil on the veggies you'd give him. It'll flush him right out. And if the stool smells, usually that's a sign of parasites. Get it checked by a vet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom