Nathaniel, Cierra, Castiel, Freya, Grrl; RIP GABRIEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
We never expected to get another dragon, but our neighbours next door wanted to give away Cleo, as he was called. We'd babysat him before, he's such a sweetheart. We nicknamed him Velcro because when he snuggles he never wants to go back to his viv, he hangs on as if he's made out of velcro.

So here he is. Today was his first day with us. He ate 13 supers and ate some squash, not bad for the first day he was here. He's only in a 30 gallon tank, which will be ok for now. He's 18" long but weighs only 200g. We figure he's probably 2 yrs old. Our neighbours rescued him last fall, they found him and a female (which they named Puff) on Craig's list. They were in a 30 gallon dirty tank, with sand and a huge log that took up 1/2 the space in the tank. Leo was at the bottom, he was sooooo skinny. He's gained weight, but never got the attention he deserved. I took some pics today, but will take more tomorrow. I think he remembers our place as didn't get stressed as I expected. No stress marks at all. When we let him run around the living room, he noticed our girls and immediate black beard, so his hormones are working!

He had a bath this morning, had a big poop, no smell, so not worried about parasites.

So here are a few pics, he's a yellow & dark gray, light gray colour.

Under the communal power sun in the living room:
sweetie2008401.jpg

Discovering there are girls in those tanks up above, he has a great black beard for such a skinny boy:
sweetie2008403.jpg

On the couch, he's got a pretty diamond pattern on his back:
sweetie2008412.jpg

sweetie2008413.jpg

Hope you enjoy
Deb and my six dragons :D :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :( :love5:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's beautiful Gina. It will probably make Deb cry but I'm sure they will be happy tears. You're always SO thoughtful.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Oh Gina, I saw that on my Facebook page, it's so apt. I thanked you there but I thank you again, it's a beautiful card.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Diane, I'm at peace with losing Lonzo, he had a very long, very good life and was very loved. I have so many good memories of my Security Chief and I still remember how he & Sweetie used to go crazy over each other. If she could fly, she would have flown out of her tank and given herself to him in a shot. He was still flirting with Puff last week, my big man :D

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I know it wasn't as elaborate as some of the others that I'd made, but I thought those few words said/meant so much that I didn't want to spoil it by too much "fluff".

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
It was perfect. Lonzo wasn't a fluffy sort of dragon, it's only the last few years that he would really snuggle in for a long time. His favourite thing to do was curl up beside Roger on the bed. He'd do that with me, but only after Roger passed.

I just found this, Sweetie's pose when she saw Lonzo on the floor :mrgreen:

And Lonzo's response, Mr Macho Man :lol: :

Showing off his beard:

Lonzo one Christmas, not impressed with wearing a necklace :roll:

Lonzo on the first ramp we built, at this point he had his own bedroom with Leo:

With his bright colours on

One of my favourites, trying to get out of his room, notice the black beard? He usually sported one:

Making his rounds in the living room:

He was ticked off about something, he could turn so black!

But then he could have such soft colours:

Our neighbours cat came to visit, Lonzo wasn't impressed with this strange creature :lol:

Even as he got older, he loved the sun, would sit out for hours. He was my sun dragon :love5:

And no matter how dark he got, his around his eyes was always this beautiful orange.

As time went on, we improved the ramp for Lonzo, he loved it because he could always sit in the un on top of it.

And here his is again at the top of a new & improved ramp (this is still in the 2nd bedroom of our previous place)

Here Lonzo is getting an eyeful of Rubio, who was still growing like a week. Lonzo was less than impressed :lol:

Yep, that black beard of his went right down to his knee, and he sported it more often than not :mrgreen:

Another ramp in our new place, he still always though of it as his, after all, he was the BOSS :mrgreen:

Back in the sun

Checking out the kitchen

And enjoying it, too :D

Lonzo being introduced to Sweetie's picture in the pillow, this became his love object :love10: If he couldn't have Sweetie to himself, at least he had a facsimile :mrgreen:

His new high ramp, he loved it, he'd even hide underneath it & peek out of the towel we had on it.

Lonzo got a kick out of the scarecrow, he kept staring at it, expecting it to come to life :lol:

One of my favourite pictures, peeking from underneath this ramp:

Finding the last bit of sun on the balcony

He had favourite toys, too, this is one of them, the garbage truck.

More sun, more sun, can't get enough of that sun :mrgreen:

And then I introduced Lonzo to his "blue thing" a bamboo handtowel that my sister had given me, he just loved it and would sit on it at every opportunity.

And here's my favourite, curling up with Roger & smiling

So I've found alot of pictures of Lonzo so show what a great life he had. I really went overboard but enjoyed the memory lane. I'll get to his memorial soon. And Rubio's, too, it's time now for that, too.

I wanted to thank everyone for their support with Lonzo, it helped ease alot of hurt.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Deb, I so enjoyed all the pictures! I don't remember seeing pictures of him when he was younger.
I think this would be quite appropriate for him memorial. Did you sleep?

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I did, but not long enough. I have to go to the chiro & do some shopping then I'm home to rest again. Yes, there are lots more, too, but alot of those will be part of his memorial. I just have to put it all together. And for Rubio, it's been over six months and I saw lots of pics of him, too, without crying, so it's time to do his, too. I can't believe I've lost 3 dragons in the last year. But I seem to be healed up alot more from their loss. For Lonzo, it wasn't as bad because he'd lived such a long life and he was very ill. It was the right thing to do for him and I know he's at peace and so am I. More accepting of Lonzo than I was of Rubio. But they're together & getting up to all their antics again :love5: :laughing6:

I'll let you know when Lonzo's memorial is done. Glad you enjoyed the pictures!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I'm glad you enjoyed them, Gina, I found so many but just put on a few. His memorial is going to be very pic heavy. Plus Kevin, his previous owner is emailing me his baby pictures :D

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
He was, he was brick red as a baby & a beautiful yellow with black dots as an adult. It's amazing how much they change. Rubio was brick red as a baby, too, then turned an antique gold as an adult.

getgab92

Juvie Member
Awww Deb. I am so sorry about Lonzo. He sure looked like he was a happy dragon though! That black beard is amazing. I have only seen Riley get that dark only once. I really enjoyed looking at those pictures. Sweetie was a cutie pie too :)

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Awww, thanks, I miss my Lonzo but I know he was too sick to bring him back to health. Now he's with Roger and all our lost babies, with his wings!

So I have news, I've been offered to adopt a 1 yr old male beardie from a rescue organization (local). So I go to meet him next Sunday, fill in the paperwork and if all goes well, he has a new home. I'm so glad I'm able to offer him a home, too. After Rubio died, I closed off my heart to any new babies. But now that my grieving is over (he'll always be a big part of my heart) and Lonzo has passed away at a great age, I'm ready to take on another one. Bu this time, he's healthy, no more rescues. I'll be back to 5, full capacity, and except for that bit of healing that Didi needs to do, they're all healthy. I'll have more info next Sunday. Lonzo is in my heart forever and so is Rubio, but it's time to give another one a good home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom