Nathaniel, Cierra, Castiel, Freya, Grrl; RIP GABRIEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
We never expected to get another dragon, but our neighbours next door wanted to give away Cleo, as he was called. We'd babysat him before, he's such a sweetheart. We nicknamed him Velcro because when he snuggles he never wants to go back to his viv, he hangs on as if he's made out of velcro.

So here he is. Today was his first day with us. He ate 13 supers and ate some squash, not bad for the first day he was here. He's only in a 30 gallon tank, which will be ok for now. He's 18" long but weighs only 200g. We figure he's probably 2 yrs old. Our neighbours rescued him last fall, they found him and a female (which they named Puff) on Craig's list. They were in a 30 gallon dirty tank, with sand and a huge log that took up 1/2 the space in the tank. Leo was at the bottom, he was sooooo skinny. He's gained weight, but never got the attention he deserved. I took some pics today, but will take more tomorrow. I think he remembers our place as didn't get stressed as I expected. No stress marks at all. When we let him run around the living room, he noticed our girls and immediate black beard, so his hormones are working!

He had a bath this morning, had a big poop, no smell, so not worried about parasites.

So here are a few pics, he's a yellow & dark gray, light gray colour.

Under the communal power sun in the living room:
sweetie2008401.jpg

Discovering there are girls in those tanks up above, he has a great black beard for such a skinny boy:
sweetie2008403.jpg

On the couch, he's got a pretty diamond pattern on his back:
sweetie2008412.jpg

sweetie2008413.jpg

Hope you enjoy
Deb and my six dragons :D :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :( :love5:

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Oh no! I am so sorry you lost Lonzo. You did the right thing for him and you know he knew he was loved. I will keep you in my prayers while you grieve for him, I will miss seeing his pictures you post of him.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
sorrow.jpg

Words cannot begin to express the sadness I feel for your loss of sweet Lonzo.

Hope you will find comfort in knowing that he lived to 11.5 years old because of your love and care for him.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I am sorry to hear about Lonzo, Deb. I posted on facebook but things tend to disappear there, anyway, I know it hurts when you loose them but, as you said, he was an old man. 11.5 years old is a good age for a beardie. You have a lot of memories of him.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Hi Esther, he was 5 yrs old when we adopted him from Kevin, who posted an ad on bd.org. We had had Sweetie for a couple of years at that point, this was Sept/08 and when we brought him home, he LOVED Sweetie, they flirted all their lives LOL. She just LOVED him back & kept trying to jump out her tank to get to him, same as him for her. We finally had to separate them, meaning putting them in separate rooms, as it was very stressful on Sweetie and she kept laying more and more eggs. I think he felt lost after she died. I know he alway shad his love pillow handy, as it has a big picture of Sweetie on it. :love5:

Thanks Tonja, Gina and Lori. I do feel comforted that I had him to love for so long. I cried alot this am (good thing I got the day off, then felt numb for awhile, but burying him with his brothers really helped. I know he was really sick, they never really show how badly they are, and I figure he was in a great deal of pain, too. My vet was so gentle with him. He's wrapped up in his favourite blankie, too, just like Rubio and Titan. Same with Sweetie, Loish, Issy and Angel, they're buried in the garden behind Cami's office in the next building. So I can visit them all as often as I want. I try to plant flowers on both gravesites every summer.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Hello dear. I remember you telling about his Sweetie pillow. Yes, poor Lonzo must have been very sick indeed. How fortunate he was to have had you to love and care for him for so long. He sure was a character, and my favorite as you know. Roger has another dragon to take care of now. Isn't it reassuring to know they'll all be waiting?

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
It is, it was reassuring to think of Roger taking care of them all after he died and I still think he's there. I've never had a bad dream about him, ever, so that to me says he's at peace. And now to have his favourite beardie with him, I know he's happy that Lonzo lived a good long life, but I know he's happy to welcome him to Rainbow Bridge. I'll bet Rubio already has a car & tons of girlfriends and now THE BOSS will be there to "share" :love5:

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Lol. I can just picture that now. Do you think you'll be able to sleep? I sure hope so. What time do you work tomorrow? I must go sleep off my turkey dinner. It's an hour later here. I'll check in tomorrow. Hugs

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Deb,

I am so sorry to hear about Lonzo. :cry: He had a great life with you.
At least you were there for him when it happened so suddenly like this. He will always be with you.
We are all here for you. He is with his brothers now!

Tracie

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Hi Tracie, Lonzo is with his brothers and his sisters, too. I've always believed that Roger, who didn't like humans, went to Rainbow Bridge and is taking care of all the animals that are there. Makes me know he's at peace & now Lonzo is, too. I've known for about a month that there was something wrong with him, but just thought it was old age, didn't realize it was a tumour or abcess, but seeing him bleed like that from his mouth this am, make me realize he was more sick than I thought and it was time to put him to rest. He's now buried with his brothers, too, that helped me alot.

athenacp

Extreme Poster
Dear Deb, I am so so sorry to hear this, he had a great long life with you and now he is with Roger and everyone else. Prayers, thoughts and gentle hugs:(

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Thanks Mary, it was a bit of a shock to see an empty tank this am, but I'm at peace with it, he wasn't well and he's at peace now, too.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Well, Puff seems to have finished egg laying, think the total this time was 22. Now she's digging way, got some Carnivore Care into her this am, left worms & greens for her, see if she eats anything. I don't get this at all, she digs after she's done laying and she'll dig for a few days before she'll settle down. She is just the most turned around girl when it comes to laying eggs :lol:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Thinking of you Deb, knowing how difficult this has been. You must be relieved that you were home and found him to end his pain. They sure are good at hiding it for a long time.

What a great life he had & what a handsome guy. Love his eye coloring and that black beard, wow. I remember you saying how infatuated he was with Sweetie and how they loved to tease each other.

That's good that you buried him next to his brothers & sisters. He is running around now, being his "macho" self and Roger is having a ball watching all of them.

Take care, hope you can get some sleep tonight. HUGS

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
diamc":9kb8ya1v said:
He is running around now, being his "macho" self and Roger is having a ball watching all of them.
And chasing Sweetie around the lush green meadows :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maryjane91383
Top Bottom