Nathaniel, Cierra, Castiel, Freya, Grrl; RIP GABRIEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
We never expected to get another dragon, but our neighbours next door wanted to give away Cleo, as he was called. We'd babysat him before, he's such a sweetheart. We nicknamed him Velcro because when he snuggles he never wants to go back to his viv, he hangs on as if he's made out of velcro.

So here he is. Today was his first day with us. He ate 13 supers and ate some squash, not bad for the first day he was here. He's only in a 30 gallon tank, which will be ok for now. He's 18" long but weighs only 200g. We figure he's probably 2 yrs old. Our neighbours rescued him last fall, they found him and a female (which they named Puff) on Craig's list. They were in a 30 gallon dirty tank, with sand and a huge log that took up 1/2 the space in the tank. Leo was at the bottom, he was sooooo skinny. He's gained weight, but never got the attention he deserved. I took some pics today, but will take more tomorrow. I think he remembers our place as didn't get stressed as I expected. No stress marks at all. When we let him run around the living room, he noticed our girls and immediate black beard, so his hormones are working!

He had a bath this morning, had a big poop, no smell, so not worried about parasites.

So here are a few pics, he's a yellow & dark gray, light gray colour.

Under the communal power sun in the living room:
sweetie2008401.jpg

Discovering there are girls in those tanks up above, he has a great black beard for such a skinny boy:
sweetie2008403.jpg

On the couch, he's got a pretty diamond pattern on his back:
sweetie2008412.jpg

sweetie2008413.jpg

Hope you enjoy
Deb and my six dragons :D :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :( :love5:

zandi202

BD.org Addict
I hope it is not permanent! The body betrays everyone =(
Can we just skip over 2013 and go straight to 2014? :lol:

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
No, not yet, but they finally got a doctor appointment set up to diagnose autism on May 13, they didn't give us a time yet.
She said after the doctor appointment she'll see how much faster they can be on getting me the disability money.

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Loved the many poses of Rubio, he melts my heart! As far as your ankle, I am sorry it has been a slow process, but it will get there.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Glad you enjoyed the pics, Lindz, Rubio was my only baby, and he'll be 5 yrs old this summer, time sure does fly! Yes, I know it will take time, but hopefully this stupid ankle does heal up completely. I just have to take it easy and rest it a lot. Luckily my job is sitting down, and I have a footstool to prop it up, so that helps a lot.

Titan ate babyfood a 2nd time and had a 2nd bath, he wasn't very pleased about the 2nd bath, he tries his best to jump out over and over, then settles down and doesn't move, just like Rubio is in the bath! So funny to watch, but he needs the hydration. I'll be so glad when the Baytril is over! Mind you, then the panacur starts, but it doesn't seem to bother the tummy as badly as the Baytril.

So after I snuggled Rubio, I put Didi in his tank and put Rubio on the ramp, he sat there for 3 hours watching TV! And Didi snuggled up on Rubio's bed and went to sleep! I'm glad I got them all checked at the vet, so if they share tanks it's fine, nothing to pass around. Only Titan is restricted to his tank and if he's on the ramp the towel gets changed right away before Didi is put back in HIS place!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
He sure does. Lonzo was out a lot this am, as we had sun and warmth, so I opened up the balcony and he stayed in the sun for over an hour. Tomorrow it's Rubio's turn as he loves to be in the sun. Meanwhile, Didi was in Lonzo's tank, just mellow as could be, no black beard at all. He's always doing something that amazes me :lol:

Titan's poops weren't near as stinky this am, which means the meds are working, and he's taking in the babyfood just fine. I think I'll put some roaches back in his tank tomorrow to see if he eats any.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Hi Matt, my guys are doing fine, it's getting warm out here and sunny :D so am able to open up the balcony door and let them sit in the sun (one by one of course) and before I go to work, so Lonzo had his turn today, supposed to be the same tomorrow, so Rubio gets his turn tomorrow. I'm reluctant to let Titan out of his tank with him being on meds, so it will be Leo next, then Gabriel, if the sun lasts, that is. Didi won't sit in the sun for any reason, maybe it's because of his very light colouring, not sure.

So Noodle will be home, soon, YEAH!

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Is didi still living on the ramp? What a well behaved boy he is not running away or anything! I would trust bandit in my room only if the door was closed :lol:

I'm sorry to hear about Titan on the heavy meds but he'll pull through this fast :) he knows his life of spoiling is just beginning especially once his meds are done :lol:

Oki05

Gray-bearded Member
sweetiepie9":179evmw3 said:
Hi Matt, my guys are doing fine, it's getting warm out here and sunny :D so am able to open up the balcony door and let them sit in the sun (one by one of course) and before I go to work, so Lonzo had his turn today, supposed to be the same tomorrow, so Rubio gets his turn tomorrow. I'm reluctant to let Titan out of his tank with him being on meds, so it will be Leo next, then Gabriel, if the sun lasts, that is. Didi won't sit in the sun for any reason, maybe it's because of his very light colouring, not sure.

So Noodle will be home, soon, YEAH!

Yeah for great weather and yup 10 days now so excited also this big paper i have been dreading i am almost done :blob5: :blob5: :blob5: :blob8: :blob8:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
ohsmileb, Didi has been on the ramp for 3 weeks now and isn't showing any sign of wanting to be off it. He's such a good boy, I don't even have the large partition up and he stays in the living room, never strays far from his beloved ramp. I'm not sure how he's going to react to being in his tank once I've sanitized it after Titan get his own set up done, which will probably be next weekend. We'll see. He'll still be out when I'm at work, he's always been allowed to do that, but then he'll have his own tank to be in when others are on it. Probably a bit of a shock for him!

Matt, I'm glad you're getting that paper done, and moving soon. Have you heard from Krugers about a job close to your mom's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom