Nathaniel, Cierra, Castiel, Freya, Grrl; RIP GABRIEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
We never expected to get another dragon, but our neighbours next door wanted to give away Cleo, as he was called. We'd babysat him before, he's such a sweetheart. We nicknamed him Velcro because when he snuggles he never wants to go back to his viv, he hangs on as if he's made out of velcro.

So here he is. Today was his first day with us. He ate 13 supers and ate some squash, not bad for the first day he was here. He's only in a 30 gallon tank, which will be ok for now. He's 18" long but weighs only 200g. We figure he's probably 2 yrs old. Our neighbours rescued him last fall, they found him and a female (which they named Puff) on Craig's list. They were in a 30 gallon dirty tank, with sand and a huge log that took up 1/2 the space in the tank. Leo was at the bottom, he was sooooo skinny. He's gained weight, but never got the attention he deserved. I took some pics today, but will take more tomorrow. I think he remembers our place as didn't get stressed as I expected. No stress marks at all. When we let him run around the living room, he noticed our girls and immediate black beard, so his hormones are working!

He had a bath this morning, had a big poop, no smell, so not worried about parasites.

So here are a few pics, he's a yellow & dark gray, light gray colour.

Under the communal power sun in the living room:
sweetie2008401.jpg

Discovering there are girls in those tanks up above, he has a great black beard for such a skinny boy:
sweetie2008403.jpg

On the couch, he's got a pretty diamond pattern on his back:
sweetie2008412.jpg

sweetie2008413.jpg

Hope you enjoy
Deb and my six dragons :D :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :( :love5:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
:( Hope there's nothing seriously wrong with Titan, that maybe the little prolapse he had a few days ago is still affecting him.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
He was better with his poop this am, thank goodness, no blood that I could see, but I'm sure he has parasites and that's what's doing all this. He's also not used to a good light, but when I left this am, he had his head high and was basking way. He ate some collards this am, but no bugs yet, but he's eaten so many bugs since I got him home, I'm not worried. Just one more day and he'll be at the vet, so I'll let you all know how he's faring. And thanks so much for caring!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Thanks Lori. So the latest is Rubio and Leo are sleeping in their hides but don't want to come out during the day. So I'm bringing them out anyway, as they're not sleeping. I can't prevent them being in there during the day when I'm not home, but I can sure stop it in the am. I think it's just because it's turned cold and rainy and today it's cold and foggy! It's like winter's back, crazy weather!

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I understand what you mean about the weather, Deb. We had a couple of nights with our lows to almost freezing (33f last night &34f).
And it's after Easter. It's usually not this cold after Easter.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Our weather is silly as well! We may get snow tomorrow! I've been sending my daughter to school in a spring jacket for a week and tomorrow may be snow! :shock: What a fluky year!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
So guess what, Titan shed his beard and spikes and around his mouth this am, that must have been part of what was bothering him so much & he ate all the 20 small roaches in his dish today :D :D He's still going to the vet tomorrow am, hopefully he'll be a good boy and poop for me as there was no poop this am, but no blood either :D

And the weather, after I left in the cold this am for work, it was sunny all day, then I came home in pouring rain. Sorry about the cold weather at your end Lori, it sure has been a crazy winter. And sorry about the maybe snow Holly, hopefully it touches down and disappears and doesn't come back. You're not the only one that's been on about bad weather back East, I have an aunt & uncle in Quebec City that were visiting her for a few weeks and they said they still had a lot of snow when they left. So I'm really hoping it's all gone soon, I mean it's going to be May in 2 weeks!

So I'll let you all know how the vet visit goes once I get home. Hopefully it's good news and the prolapse was just for that few days and won't be coming back!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Thanks Liz, he did do a poop yesterday, I just didn't find it last night and there was no smell but I still think he has parasites. Here's a pic of Titan seeing outside for the first time from on top of the ramp. I have Didi on my shoulder to make him feel better, he always feels betrayed when anyone else is on the ramp & this time is that little snack :lol:

Titan hasn't moved from his spot on the ramp since I put him there, but it's time to get him into his tank as I need a poop sample!

And this is how I found Rubio this am when I lifted off his blankie; he loves his food dish to sleep in:

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Awww... Look at da babies! *squeals* :blob5: Titan, reminds me of the phantom of "The phantom of the opera" Scarred but beautiful and just looking for love. Such a sweet little guy. Are you sure Myah and Didi aren't long lost siblings!? I swear hearing about him is just like hearing about Myah. "If it fits in dis mouth, Iz eats it!" :lol:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Thank god that awful burn shed cleanly and his skin underneath looks healthy.
I'm sure it's the angle of the camera and shadowing, but is the left side of Titan's head much smaller than the right? Is it because of the injury?
How long did he sit on top of the ramp, admiring the outside? Did he want to go out there?

Rubio is too cute!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom