Nathaniel, Cierra, Castiel, Freya, Grrl; RIP GABRIEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
We never expected to get another dragon, but our neighbours next door wanted to give away Cleo, as he was called. We'd babysat him before, he's such a sweetheart. We nicknamed him Velcro because when he snuggles he never wants to go back to his viv, he hangs on as if he's made out of velcro.

So here he is. Today was his first day with us. He ate 13 supers and ate some squash, not bad for the first day he was here. He's only in a 30 gallon tank, which will be ok for now. He's 18" long but weighs only 200g. We figure he's probably 2 yrs old. Our neighbours rescued him last fall, they found him and a female (which they named Puff) on Craig's list. They were in a 30 gallon dirty tank, with sand and a huge log that took up 1/2 the space in the tank. Leo was at the bottom, he was sooooo skinny. He's gained weight, but never got the attention he deserved. I took some pics today, but will take more tomorrow. I think he remembers our place as didn't get stressed as I expected. No stress marks at all. When we let him run around the living room, he noticed our girls and immediate black beard, so his hormones are working!

He had a bath this morning, had a big poop, no smell, so not worried about parasites.

So here are a few pics, he's a yellow & dark gray, light gray colour.

Under the communal power sun in the living room:
sweetie2008401.jpg

Discovering there are girls in those tanks up above, he has a great black beard for such a skinny boy:
sweetie2008403.jpg

On the couch, he's got a pretty diamond pattern on his back:
sweetie2008412.jpg

sweetie2008413.jpg

Hope you enjoy
Deb and my six dragons :D :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :( :love5:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
She's asleep when I get up in the am & she doesn't wake up until about 9p :lol: And when I just checked on her, she'd turned herself around :lol: She's a riot!

I do have other pics, had to get the battery charged, so will post them soon.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Isn't she something? Such fun and a great new addition to your reptile family. :D

ziggydoodles

Juvie Member
EEP! Bunny is so cute! I also didn't know cresties got that big, but that's super awesome! It seems like this forum is becoming beardie/gecko land, since so many beardie moms are off bringing home geckos while our babies are lazy for the winter, lol! :lol:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Hi ziggydoodles, she was a surprise as I never expected to get another gecko, but I love cresties & I'm glad I brought her home. She's only up after my boys are in bed & once I'm back to work I'll have 2 geckos to play with!

So here are a few of my boys:
Lonzo likes his blue things, this is a bamboo set my sis gave me years ago & I gave them to Lonzo. When they're in the wash he looks for them (there are 2 facecloths to go with) and when I put it down in his tank he curls up right away, he's so funny:
002-24.jpg

"I love my blue things, Mom!"
003-25.jpg

Didi on his cool side, just chilling:
004-24.jpg

Leo hogging the ramp, he doesn't stay on there long, found him beside the heat register!
005-24.jpg

Gabriel found Lonzo's log that I had to remove from his tank, so I put it in his tank, he likes it:
006-23.jpg

From the front, he thought he could climb it & get out of his tank, but it's not tall enough :lol: Fooled him :lol:
007-26.jpg

Then I decided to see if Didi and Gabriel would behave for a snuggle, and after telling Didi a couple of times, NO FIGHTING, he settled down. Gabriel had already done the little butt wiggle to sleep:
011-18.jpg

They're still on my shoulders fast asleep!

It's like having heavy costume jewelry :lol:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Hi Holly, I fixed up Bunny's tank, took some pics but have to get something to eat, so will post later. She's got new cocofiber on the bottom and I put in a new silk plant that Jake gave me & she loves it. I was on Skype with a friend, so brought her out & she was content to sit in my hand for 20 minutes! I was amazed. She did jump onto the computer but didn't like, so I scooped her back up. She really likes the changes in her tank & is exploring right now.

I'm glad you liked the pics of my boys. I'm sorry I'm going back to work on Tuesday, but only part-time so we'll still have time together in the am.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
So I have a few more pics of Bunny, and I know this isn't a gecko forum, but she is new & I'm just fascinated by her. She's up after my boys are asleep, so it's fun:

Her new updated tank:
001-25.jpg

Sleeping behind the the new silk leaves:
002-25.jpg

Playing with me on the computer, a crestie silhouette, she just discovered she could climb the screen:
003-26.jpg

I had to put my hand out to prevent her from jumping off it:
004-25.jpg

It's nice that the beardies & geckos have separate schedules, when I'm home I get beardie snuggles (and in the am before I got to work) and when I get home from work I can play with Bunny. Rocco's not very good about being picked up or held, but Bunny sure makes up for it!

So playtime is over, I'm off to bed!

Tonja

BD.org Addict
awww I love all the pictures of your babies. They are so cute and your crestie on the screen is just to cute. Take care

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
great pics Deb,they all look great! I love the crestie on the screen,and its so funny how Lonzo prefers blue things :lol:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Thanks Tonja & Holly and hi Michele, good to hear from you! Yes, Lonzo just loves those blue things of his :D As soon as I put them in his tank, he's right on top, curled up, so cute!

I'm enjoying Bunny, she was out for over an hour last night. At one point I was talking to a friend on Skype & she sat in my hand, really quiet for over 20 min, I was amazed :shock: I'm just going to get her out again, I gave her some crickets to catch (she's a very good hunter), but that was 2 hours ago, so she should be done hunting by now.

I snuggled all my boys today, they all had outside time. I have a phone meeting about returning to work tomorrow afternoon, then will probably start 4 hours a day, will ask for 4p to 8p so I have time to freeze my leg a couple of times before I go in, plus I get to play with my boys until 2:30 in the afternoon when I have to leave for the bus! So that's a bonus, too, we'll see what they say tomorrow.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I was late getting up this am but Didi and Gabriel have decided to sleep today, we'll see how long that lasts. So only Lonzo & Leo are up today, wonder if they've decided to brumate after all?

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Love all your babies! Bunny's so cute! You are so lucky to have them all.. my hubby will only allow fish and Jango (my beardie) so other animals.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Being on my own might have something to do with Bunny! My hubby was a big dragon fan & Rocco, my golden gecko was his to begin with. I was the dragon person, so it's taking some time to get used to how to care for Rocco, still, over a year after Roger passed away (last summer of cancer). I'm still learning about geckos, but my dragonsitter Jake raises them, so we're working together to get him a better home. I bought him a glass tank the same size as the one he used to have that was mesh, just not warm enough for him & not enough humidity. Bunny, being a crestie is alot easier to care for & Jake's already helped me get her home better.

Thanks for looking in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom