Nathaniel, Cierra, Castiel, Freya, Grrl; RIP GABRIEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
We never expected to get another dragon, but our neighbours next door wanted to give away Cleo, as he was called. We'd babysat him before, he's such a sweetheart. We nicknamed him Velcro because when he snuggles he never wants to go back to his viv, he hangs on as if he's made out of velcro.

So here he is. Today was his first day with us. He ate 13 supers and ate some squash, not bad for the first day he was here. He's only in a 30 gallon tank, which will be ok for now. He's 18" long but weighs only 200g. We figure he's probably 2 yrs old. Our neighbours rescued him last fall, they found him and a female (which they named Puff) on Craig's list. They were in a 30 gallon dirty tank, with sand and a huge log that took up 1/2 the space in the tank. Leo was at the bottom, he was sooooo skinny. He's gained weight, but never got the attention he deserved. I took some pics today, but will take more tomorrow. I think he remembers our place as didn't get stressed as I expected. No stress marks at all. When we let him run around the living room, he noticed our girls and immediate black beard, so his hormones are working!

He had a bath this morning, had a big poop, no smell, so not worried about parasites.

So here are a few pics, he's a yellow & dark gray, light gray colour.

Under the communal power sun in the living room:
sweetie2008401.jpg

Discovering there are girls in those tanks up above, he has a great black beard for such a skinny boy:
sweetie2008403.jpg

On the couch, he's got a pretty diamond pattern on his back:
sweetie2008412.jpg

sweetie2008413.jpg

Hope you enjoy
Deb and my six dragons :D :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :( :love5:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Thanks so much Gina, Barb, Lori Cindy and Sandi, I'll pass along your good wishes and hugs; Lonzo started off today with a big cuddle with me while we watched a show I'd taped. His colour immediately improved to his lightest colours.After I put him back under his power sun, he got out of his room (I had forgotten to put up the barrier) and was black bearding and bobbing Leo from the other side of the screen barrier we have up across the living room entry. Leo was having his morning time in the living room. I found Lonzo there and put him back under his light. He then got down the ramp, did a bit of a security check. Meanwhile Leo has been arm waving Lonzo all morning ever since they saw each other across the living room barrier :roll: it's hilarious & when Leo feels Lonzo can't see him, he starts bobbing & black bearding; then back to arm waving when Lonzo can see him. Leo hasn't arm waved Lonzo since he first saw him in Feb. Too funny.

Lonzo's still tired, he's not lifting himself as high as usual when he's running or walking around, I guess that will improve as he gets stronger. I'll be feeding him baby food soon, so that should give him some energy, plus some water with electrlytes & calcium (drops).

I'm anxious for what the vet says on Monday. Lonzo's also closing his mouth better and his cut isn't bleeding anymore, so that's a good sign also.

I'll keep you updated and gets some pics on here later, it's bath time.

Thanks for all your good wishes and prayers, they've all helped a great deal.

Lonzo says hi to all your beardies,

Deb

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Wow Deb, Lonzo wanted to remind Leo who was boss. They're too funny how they "talk" to each other.

So happy to hear that the cut is healing. What a relief, even though it's only a baby step.

Hope you'll get some good news on Monday, or at least no bad news.

Hugs from me and my crew.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Thanks Gina, he was very active today & wore himself out, so he's in bed now. He's not 100% but hopefully will be soon. I'm feeding him babyfood for now until he can take dragon food. Poor guy, it's hard to see him struggling, but he's getting there. I think it was bad worms, too, as Sweetie was sick to her stomach yesterday, luckily no aspiration and she's back to normal today & she ate 9 worms today. Roger's going to have some more questions for the vet Monday morning.

Thanks Dawn, what a beautiful card!

Update tomorrow on everyone,
Deb

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
thinking-of-you.gif

Deb, I only just read about the problem you had with Lonzo, glad to hear that he is improving. Boy, that must have been SO terribly scary for you and Roger. You reacted quickly and did the right thing. It does indeed sound like something to do with the supers, either it went down wrong or they were bad worms.

Sure is a good sign that he is headbobbing & black bearding again. :D That certainly means that he is feeling better. We will all be interested to hear what the vet has to say on Monday. Again, I'm sorry for only just responding now to all you've gone through. :oops:
Mothers_Day.gif

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Not to worry Diane, we're just glad that Lonzo is recovering, poor darling went through so much trauma & stress that day. He really hates the vet, last time he was there he had some of his tail removed, not sure if he remembers but he was very happy to be back home on Mon eve. He was so much more active today, but he sure gets tired easily. Guess it's harder to recouperate at his age, we think he's at least 7 yrs old. I'll keep updates going, and I did take some pics today, so will load them up a bit later. Leo's been a champ, he didn't try to bob Lonzo at all after that one time. We can tell Lonzo's not himself, as we took the towel we'd had around his tank, as he'd go nuts when he saw Leo in his tank across the room. I'm hoping he'll get his strength back, it's probably a good idea to get some critical care for him if he's still tired next week. I've been able to get him to eat babyfood and water, so that's a good sign, too.

Sweetie threw up Friday, but never aspirated anything, so recovered quickly. One of the dragons we're going to foster also vomited last week and we get worms at the same place. Even though we get small batches at a time, it could have been a few bad worms in the latest batch at the pet shop. Roger will mention it, but what is the owner to do? We can't get big amounts of bugs, as our dragons are all adults and won't eat that much, except Sweetie before & after she lays eggs. So we're grateful that Sweetie is fine.

I"ll get those pics up tomorrow, I'm off to bed, it's been a long day and we're still reeling from Issy's death. (I put up a memorial for her a few days ago).

We were able to bury Angel, Dino and Issy together in the small flower garden that belongs to the manager's office on Wed. They were wrapped in their favourite blankies, and we put pretty rocks on top, plus a fairy wand that we had. So they're close by.

Thanks for the pretty Mother's Day card, Diane.

Deb

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Just an update, Lonzo is doing much better, he just gets tired easily. I'm still feeding him babyfood right now, and he's drinking water with added electrolytes, hoping that will help him. Roger takes him to the vet tomorrow am, so will be getting an update when he gets back, I'll catch you all up tomorrow night. Sweetie was also sick on Friday, but didn't aspirate like Lonzo and Issy did, thank goodness & she's fine, her appetite was back the next day. It just seems weird that if it was bad worms (and I know the pet shop doesn't gut load the worms, we do that when we get them home) why only 1 each week & Leo and Rubio not affected at all. It's a big puzzle, it's driving us nuts, we both miss Issy so much.

Deb

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Best of luck at the vets today....hoping that they can find something to relieve your puzzled minds. Something minor I pray.

Keep us posted Deb I'll be waiting to hear what they had to say.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Roger just left with Lonzo to the vet, I won't see them before they get back, as I'll be leaving for work at 10:30, but I'll be on the phone when I get to work, you can be sure of that. I gave Roger a list of questions to ask the vet, also to find out if there is something we can get here that will help boost his immune system, if that's necessary. He was awake early today, he got a good long cuddle (that's something new, he never used to want more than 5 min of a cuddle, today it was more like an hour!), then got him under his lamp after giving him some water and a bit of chicken babyfood.

I'll let you know tonight how it went, if I have time during a break, I'll try to get some info.

Thanks Lori & Barbara for the good wishes. Lori, it does ease my heart that I have 4 other dragons to care for, but yesterday was a bad day, I missed Issy so much as Sunday was the day I had all free time to play with her and the others.

Talk to you later,
Deb

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
GOOD NEWS! I just heard from Roger and Lonzo got an A+ with the vet. No more visits, Lonzo will be pleased. Roger said he's acting better today, has more energy; I'm hoping that means he'll be off babyfood & back to dragon food. I have some pics I'll put on when I get home.

Deb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom