Nathaniel, Cierra, Castiel, Freya, Grrl; RIP GABRIEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
We never expected to get another dragon, but our neighbours next door wanted to give away Cleo, as he was called. We'd babysat him before, he's such a sweetheart. We nicknamed him Velcro because when he snuggles he never wants to go back to his viv, he hangs on as if he's made out of velcro.

So here he is. Today was his first day with us. He ate 13 supers and ate some squash, not bad for the first day he was here. He's only in a 30 gallon tank, which will be ok for now. He's 18" long but weighs only 200g. We figure he's probably 2 yrs old. Our neighbours rescued him last fall, they found him and a female (which they named Puff) on Craig's list. They were in a 30 gallon dirty tank, with sand and a huge log that took up 1/2 the space in the tank. Leo was at the bottom, he was sooooo skinny. He's gained weight, but never got the attention he deserved. I took some pics today, but will take more tomorrow. I think he remembers our place as didn't get stressed as I expected. No stress marks at all. When we let him run around the living room, he noticed our girls and immediate black beard, so his hormones are working!

He had a bath this morning, had a big poop, no smell, so not worried about parasites.

So here are a few pics, he's a yellow & dark gray, light gray colour.

Under the communal power sun in the living room:
sweetie2008401.jpg

Discovering there are girls in those tanks up above, he has a great black beard for such a skinny boy:
sweetie2008403.jpg

On the couch, he's got a pretty diamond pattern on his back:
sweetie2008412.jpg

sweetie2008413.jpg

Hope you enjoy
Deb and my six dragons :D :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :( :love5:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Lonzo's sleeping in this am. He's been moving around in his tank (his sleeping chamber) alot and then sleeping more. It's good, as his colours are his sleeping colours, so I know he is sleeping. We've decided not to wake him, right now; all I can see of Lonzo is 1/2 his tummy and down (the rest is under his steps) and one little paw upside down, Sweetie sleeps like this alot, too, so I know he's ok. His jaw is a bit misaligned now, must have been when I tried to open his mouth to help him breathe. I'll let the vet know, as Lonzo goes back to her on Monday for another checkup. I hope I didn't do him any damage, I'll see later today ifhis jaw back to normal. Poor Lonzo, what an awful thing to happen to him. We're still wondering about the worms, even though we buy a new batch once or twice a week, depending on how much they were eating. Lonzo has just started eating worms about 2 weeks ago, Issy was eating alot of worms because she was gaining weight for the next egg laying. Could one bad worm be in a batch, when all the dragons ate some of that same batch each day? I'm still frazzled as to what happened to issy and now the same thing with Lonzo. When he threw up, he shook his head from side to side; from that point he couldn't breathe well. I put him upside down and stroked his tummy, hoping to get whatever was heading down his lungs out. It worked somewhat and by the time we got him to the vet, his breathing was ok. She said his throat would be sore for a day or so, so we're just letting him sleep away the trauma. And I have babyfood ready if he won't each dragon food. Poor Lonzo, when he gets up I'll be cuddling him. :D No more losses that are preventable. I'm also finding out what night time vets are aware of beardie issues. I should have done that after Dino died, but I just never thought about it until it was too late for Issy.

I'm sure glad Lonzo's home. The funny thing is Leo has been very subdued. When we put Lonzo under his Power Sun yesterday, Leo bobbed him, but got no response, so stopped and looked puzzled. Then he stayed quiet the rest of the day, even when Lonzo went back to bed.

Sweetie has been quiet too, so has Rubio; it's as if they can feel our moods. It's uncanny. Soon, they all should be back to normal. There's supposed to be sun for the next few days, I'm sure hping so, they could all use a good dose of real sunshine.

Thanks Lori, for your thoughts, I know Angel, Dino and Issy are playing with your beardies, too. It's always such a shock, each loss, even when you know it's a possibility, espeically for rescues.

We have put our name in at the police shelter, they find beardies once in awhile, I think we'd enjoy helping "thrown-away" beardies, I just think it's terrible that people would do that. It's the least we can do is take strays in.

I want to download pics of Leo, Rubio and Sweetie and some of their antics, later or tomorrow.

I can't tell you how much all your prayers and good wishes have helped us all along, especially after losing 3 beardes so close together.

Thanks again,
Deb and Roger

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Deb, I was thinking I wonder if it could have been that all of the worms were bad (or maybe not all, but more) and it affected Issy and Lonzo more because they were weaker, Issy from laying eggs and Lonzo from being older. Just a thought...

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I don't know Sara and I don't think we'll ever know. Lonzo's back in his tank to rest; he wounded his mouth somehow and has a big gash between the side teeth and the gum. It was bleeding a bit today, so I've not given him anything to eat, made sure he got lots of water. We check him every hour. He doesn't look the same, I think there's some damage to his jaw; he has another appointment with the vet on Monday so check his mouth to make sure the wound is healing. Poor Lonzo, at least he's still breathing. We put him out under his Power Sun for awhile but he's been mostly in his tank, sleeping. He seems weak compared to last week, and he's not moving around alot. Right now he's in his tank with a basking light and he's on top of one of his logs. He looks comfortable. I'll keep you posted, as I'm hoping by tomorrow I can feed him something.

Deb

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Deb, I hope and pray that Lonzo is all better soon.
Keep us updated.
Hugs to you and Roger

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Thanks Jennifer, Lonzo seems to be getting better, but as we don't know what made him sick, we're a bit paranoid. He drank lots of water this am, but didn't seem interested in food. The cut in his mouth is healing now.

It'll be hard to go to work tomorrow, but then I have the whole weekend at home, as I don't have any plans to go out beyond going to the gym.

I'll get more pics on later, it's time for lunch.

P.S. We buried Issy, Angel and Dino today, all of them wrapped in their blankies and with rocks to weigh down the soil and a fairy's wand to mark their place. The manager of our complex told us it would be fine to bury them in the small garden on the terrace, so we did that today. Bye, Bye, our babies. I know you're all well and playing on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Oh geez, poor Lonzo. Wonder how he got the cut on his gums. Could it had been from when the vet was trying to open his mouth?
I hope he'll be better today and eat some food.
(just had a thought: could he be depressed from losing Issy??)

Deb, I'm glad the complex manager allowed you to bury Angel, Dino, and Issy in the terrace garden.
Rest in peace, little angels.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
We're so happy to announce that Lonzo is getting his strength back, guess the sleeping did him good. He's already been on his ramp, had a short bath, drank some water, did a poop and is back in his tank warming up. He's been active, climbing up on his log, getting under the basking light. I know he'll go to bed early, but it's nice to see him up and about and doing his usual things, only more slowly. We've put the poop in tinfoil, in a plastic baggie, in case he doesn't do another poop until Monday when he's back at the vet's. So it's good news today and Roger and I are starting to get out of the funk we've been all week over Lonzo. We're determined he's going to get 100% better and today was a good day :D :D

Deb and Roger

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Thanks Gina, Lonzo's feeling better, I posted the previous post at the same time you were posting. So it's a good day so far. :D I'll keep you posted as he gets better and when he sees the vet on Monday.

Deb

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
We're having a nice sunny day, so Lonzo's already been out in the sun. He caught a glimpse of Sweetie and black bearded & bobbed. Now he's coming back into his room on the windowsill to chill out & warm up. More later.

Deb

puffsmama

Sub-Adult Member
:blob5: :blob5: :blob5: :blob5: :blob5: :blob5: :blob5:

Yay Lonzo!!!!!! Keep it up little man!!!! We are praying for you and want you to keep getting strong!!!!!!
Here are some get well hugs...

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
I'm so sorry to hear of all you've been going through with Lonzo! I'm glad to hear he seems to be on the mend though. Lots of good healing thoughts from all of us here to all of you. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom