nail clipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cammy

Yes, but you have to be careful not to clip the quick. If you look at the nail you will see the pointy part branching off of a darker base. This darker part is the quick. If you cut this, you're beardie will start bleeding. It's a good idea to have some styptic powder or baking soda to clot the wound in case you make a mistake. If you are not confident in your ability to trim their nails carefully, you may want to stick to filing.

PeppersGirl

Juvie Member
Dragon claws have two main parts, the black outer edge is generally the sharp bit as you've probably noticed :) . Under that is a thick clear layer, and when you hold the nail up to the light you can acually see the blood vessel and where the sensitive 'quick' ends. Usually I use a small pair of nail clippers and nip off the VERY tip of the black part on the end of the claw. Most importantly, don't stress out :lol: It's not as hard as it sounds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom