my UV seems dull

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grixxly15

Gray-bearded Member
It's just not putting out as much light as I remember they do. I switched from a Megaray back to Reptisun 10.0. How bright are they supposed to be, I forgot, the the damn bulb is not really putting out any light at all. Is the UV still ok?

Narwhal72

keep in mind that a UV fluorescent tube produces the bulk of it's energy in wavelengths that are not visible to the human eye. It should look dull compared to a regular fluorescent tube. I doubt there is anything wrong with your lamp but the only way to know how much UVB is being produced is with a UVB meter. It is also generally a good idea to pair your UVB tube with a typical daylight fluorescent tube or bright white incandescent.
Andy

Grixxly15

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Yea it's new. I guess you are right that the wavelengths are not visible to us (recently learned all that stuff in Chemistry)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom