My Precioussses

Status
Not open for further replies.
I debated whether this belonged in the introduction's forum or this one but because we lost these two more than 4 years ago I decided it should probably be here as they aren't new beardies, just new to you all as I've never really shared them with you. These first two, Miss O (for orange) and Miss Y (for yellow) were best friends. I didn't realize until almost 2 or so years after we lost them that this is very unusual. You would have had to see them together to understand that they were talking to each other, usually a lot and every day.

I will share some pics of them with you
littlegirls3.jpg

Bill found Miss O hiding in this box inside of our living room and had to take a picture of her. Since the camera we were using at that time was a film camera, he took her and the box outside on our steps, which is probably why she looks a little annoyed.
MissOfoundherownhideaway.jpg

Here's Miss Y and her yellow/black chin
oc10004.jpg

Here they are enjoying Bill's Lamborghini
my11-002.jpg

Miss O liked to hide this way a lot, with her loving look. She knew we loved her and that was very important to her.
missOinflowers.jpg

Here's a pic of her chin, this pic looks like we took it at night, but we didn't
enjoyingthesun.jpg

We submitted this pic for the bd.org calendar some years ago. This is one we took that I never noticed until we sent this in for the calendar that they were talking to each other. In this one, Miss Y was saying "I don't feel good" and Miss O was saying "I know, and I'm sorry" Miss O was like that, she had to comfort. She needed someone to love her and to be loved, and comfort when she knew we needed it.
oc10008.jpg

I had better submit this before I delete what I've done, again.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thank you. We were blessed to have had them, as they were gifts. A lady decided she had to many beardies (4) and asked me if I wanted them. After clearing it with my husband, we said yes. Because of knowing nothing about beardies and tank sizes, we lost them when we'd had them for 1.8 months and 1.10 months. We are thankful for camera's and color film.

LaPrice

Hatchling Member
saw these months ago when i first joined the site. Such awesome pictures :).

they remind me of the only 2 girls we have, i know that most beardies you shouldnt house them together. But our girls came from a petsmart after a scare we had with there babies. But they've stayed with each other up till now, in a 10 gal and very recently a roomy 20 gal long. They seem affectionate toward each other sometimes, we had a nipping scare and though we had to seperate them. Because the smaller one sandfire (original i know and only smaller by like an inch) had started limping and wasnt walking normaly or basking. We thought nugget had bitten her by accident, but then thought because of the location and size we thought that it was a cricket bite. Turns out it was a tiny bit of shed, she'd been trying to bite at it herself and succeeded since she had it in her mouth. During that time nugget didnt bask and stayed with sandfire, she did eat and actually saved some for her friend. She never does, nuggets a pig and will try to take sandfire greens out from her mouth if it looks big enough to grab without biting sandfire on the mouth, but sandfire does the same thing. i've only see them miss once and they were itty bitty at that time. maybe 5-6 inchs at the most. But they like being out of the tank together, if they arent sandfire freaks out and nugget just looks stressed.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
That doesn't happen often. Most beardies will not do good together. Those two were best friends. You could watch them talking to each other, a lot. Our current two, Goldie Speedy and Rosie Zoom zoom do o.k. together outside but we'd never leave them together when we weren't there to watch them because once in a while (not often, thankfully) Rosie will attach Goldie. We feel we've been blessed with all our girls.

LaPrice

Hatchling Member
no it doesnt. They seem pretty ok with each other, as long as they are fed as much as they want :p. But were prepared to separate just in-case something goes wrong. i know my first beardie charizard whose an 8 month old male doesnt seem to like any of the other beardies, we had him out with nugget once. He ignored her for the longest time before running up and licked her face. She wasnt happy about it. But its usually when he's near their tank when he shows mild aggression. I think thats perfectly normal, but either way because of size and gender they dont get to come out and play together. i'm just glad they at least from my veiw they do ok with each other, and that your current girls do ok together as well. I know their supposed to be solitary but i think the random interaction of any sort with their own species may be slightly beneficial to them. They dont get lonely, but i think maybe knowing they arent the only bearded dragon ever may be an interesting thought or something-like-that for them.

But from the pictures it does look like your girls talked for sure :). Ours might, they usually never pile on top of each other for dominance or to bask. Not so sure about ours but i'm pretty sure yours had a special bond :)

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Yes they did. When Miss Y died, Miss O was soo lost she hid under our bed, she never went there. She was ill at the time but in our inexperience at that time, we didn't know that and her depression made her get sicker faster. We sure do miss them both.

LaPrice

Hatchling Member
thats so sad, i've heard of dogs doing that and a lot of birds. you never hear about reptiles doing something so empathetic like that. at least there happy in a better place (not saying that with you isnt an awesome place for a beardie :) )

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
I want to bump this up to get this back up so I can find it easily when (tonight) I want to update what my nutty girls are up to this time. Rosie decided to sleep for 2 days in a row last week. When she seemed to want to sleep a 3rd day I woke her up and she was active and ate 5 supers. Girl, make up your mind!.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thank you. I will upload more pics soon, probably not until Wednesday evening. I will try, again, to upload the 3 videos that I made of my girls in the window.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Hi Lori! How are the girls doing?

beardie parents":n1snh1zk said:
I will upload more pics soon, probably not until Wednesday evening. I will try, again, to upload the 3 videos that I made of my girls in the window.
HeHe... glad to see I am not he only one who makes promises I can't keep, LOL :p :lol: (ya know I am just messing with you :wink: Please take your time... it makes me feel better about not posting enough pics of my two)

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Dawn, thanks for posting. I sometimes wonder if Rosie is really a male. She has been blackbearding, every day. She's waking up and basking before we turn her lights on. She's glass dancing a lot and when we get her out later in the am when it's warmer in the room for her so she can be in the window, she sometimes tries to glass dance her way through the bedroom window. When we can open the window (has been way to windy the last week or so) so she can get real sun through the bedroom screen, she tries to rub her way through the screen. She has marks right before her eyes to prove it, one side even has developed a redish part of the gray spot. I don't know if our camera will do a good close up of it so you can really see what I'm talking about.

About the pics, I was going to but I got lazy after work that day. I've been on vacation this week and have just been vegitating, I've needed it. I slept in until 10:30 on Tuesday morning and I rarely do that.

How are everyone at your place?

Lori

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Lori,

I've been reading this thread in bits & pieces & finally have the time to read the whole thing. Miss Y & Miss O were sure wonderful friends. It's amazing how well they got along. I'm sorry you lost them so young. It's hard to understand sometimes, what's wrong with a beardie.

All your pics are great, even the fuzzy ones, they're still clear enough. And that video was sooo funny, bob, bob, bob and I could tell Rosie wanted to get outside. Guess you have much better weather for beardies where you live, they get great sun most of the year, right? As for whether Rosie is a male, there's a good test you can use. Males have a different stance than females, their arms are different. It's difficult to explain so I've got a pic here showing you what I mean:

2010330.jpg

So that is Leo. Do you see how his arms are? Females arms are straighter, they don't form a U like the males do. You can tell from when they're little if they're males or females just by the way they stand. I mean besides the black beard that goes all the way down his front to his vent. Lonzo's black goes down his legs! I guess that would be another way to tell. When Angel & Issy were alive all 3 girls' vivs were in the living room & Lonzo & Leo were in the 2nd bedroom. The girls didn't stamp & bob & black beard nearly as much as the boys do. They're nuts! They black beard & bob & stamp their feet all day. Leo never stops, he wakes up with a black beard & goes to sleep the same way. And that's without seeing Sweetie. If she's given some "outsitde" time in the living room, he really goes nuts. He's our most active beardie, he doesn't stop jumping & running around all day!

Thanks so much for sharing your beardies, I enjoyed reading your thread & seeing all the great pics.

I'll be checking in more often in the future,
Deb

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Rosie has a black beard every am, especially when it's too windy or cold to take them outside, which does happen just, thankfully, not as often as where you live or all the snowy places we had last winter.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Does she stand like Leo does? There's also the bumps above the vent in the tail to check for. That would decide once & more all! Then you'd know that you have a hormonal female who likes to have the weather her way all the time & why not, isn't she the beardie boss? That darned weather should know better :mrgreen:

More pics, please!

Any my blood tests were normal, so it was discovered I have a pulled something in my right shoulder which is why it was so sore to begin with!

Take care, Lori, hugs to your girls & big hi to Bill,
Deb

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Deb, her black beard isn't as black as Leo's. I took a picture of her 'black beard' but you couldn't see the black in the picture. She stands like him, sort of, but not exactly. her vent looks like she's a female, most of the time, once or twice it seemed like it was, maybe, a male. I think she is a female with a bit of a male's hormonal attitude. She goes after Goldie, once or twice a summer. We can leave them out of their homes at the same time, as long as we are home with them. We only leave them out of their homes, while away from the house, when it's late in the day and they are asleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom