MY NEW (PRINGLE) MICA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone.
Well, as some of you know, I have 6 beardies......Ollie, Pyrex, Bella,Lincoln, Gabby, and Scarlett. Not that I need another beardie, :shock: but I've always wanted a "white" one, so I've kept my eyes open for the right beardie. It's difficult to know what a 6" baby will grow up to be, color-wise, even if the parents are leucistic, etc, so I've been hesitant in getting such a small tyke....................
Well........................., I found a 11 month old light colored male, hypo pastel, that I just loved when I saw him, and he should be here on Thursday. :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8:
I know I'm insane for getting another beardie, but they're really are like Pringles, you just can't have one,(I hope this is the last one) :wink: ...............I will keep you updated on his arrival.....he is quite the boy!

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
spurlee01":1pghkwms said:
Or "I need to get home to give Lilly night-night snuggles and tuck her in!"
OMG,I agree with you totally! My friends can't understand that I must NOT miss a "tuck in time" with Jojo. Actually she will not go to sleep on her own.She needs to fall asleep on my chest :D

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
puppytoes72":2el5i54n said:
Awwww,what a darling face!!! :D :D
That is awesome that he ate supers! Yay! :blob5: :blob8:
I know, I am a little nervous about the supers, being he's so thin, so I'm giving him the freshly shed supers, pure white.......he didn't take them the first day, but took seven today, I was so happy, thanks for the your words of encouragement, Michele.

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
puppytoes72":qdyysnbo said:
Your welcome Christine :D
Don't you just love those freshly shed supers? They look so "meaty" :mrgreen:

I do......I have many supers in different lengths, so it's nice having 7 beardies and using the fresh sheds where appropriate.
And you spoke about snuggling with JoJo, I usually snuggle with all my beardies before bed time, in shifts of course, 2 to 3 at a time, they each have their own little spot and don't mind their fellow brothers and sisters sharing mom. :wink: However, the last 2 nights, I've only been snuggling with Mica alone to get him used to it, he's so sweet and laid back, and such a good boy, he never moves, I think he's settling in.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
He's beautiful Christine, sorry he's so thin, but white supers will perk him up in no time, then I bet he'll get going on the salads. He's got such a beautiful orange ring around his eyes. It'll be great to see him colours after his back sheds. Sweetie loves white supers, she'll eat a ton. Our pet shop is great at picking out all the white supers when Roger gets them, they're such a treat, all meat and no shell.

He does sound as if he never had real UVB much before. He was probably cold all the time, too. Sounds as if he's taking really well to cuddling, which is great. Don't you love it when they just snuggle in, I find the warmth of our bodies calms them down, too.

Welcome to real beardie loving, Mica, bet he'll be fat in no time. :D :D

BIG HUGS,
Deb

Momto3boys

Sub-Adult Member
He is absolutely beautiful :love5:

It's a shame people can do that to their animals, you were meant to be his , that's why it took so long to find a white male ;)
I can't wait to see him after he sheds!

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Thanks Deborah for lovin' my handsome boy,
Boy, your fortunate to have a store that'll pick out all the white supers, I always give them to the beardie that's a little under the weather, speaking of which, 5 beardies out of seven are in their caves this morning, including Mica. It's rainy and cold out, so no ones interested to come out and play. :wink: He really is a snuggle bug, nice for me that they all want their mom to snuggle, it's quite a system to get them all in for their snuggles daily.

Thanks Brandy for chiming in, It is disturbing when folks don't take the same care of their beardies as we might, but I loved what you said,
"you were meant to be his , that's why it took so long to find a white male" I feel the same way. (after I got over the shock in the state he was in) I've been looking for a white male for a long, long time, but a beardie has to hit me in a certain way, like Bella did, (thread below) it's hard to explain but I think you understand. I'm used to rescuing beardies, but didn't think Mica was a rescue till I saw him.
I'll be anxious to see his colors as well, I don't think he'll be pure white, but I'll love him just the same.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm just so glad he has you, and let your other babies know that you did the same with them when they first came to you...that should work :D :D So more pics when you can Christine, has his mouth gotten better since you've had him? I know he came from a horrible background. Leo was skinny when we first got him, now he's got a nice tummy on him. :mrgreen:

HUGS
Deb

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Christine, you have another beardie?! Goodness gracious, when do you have time to breathe!

OK, now that I over my shock -- CONGRATS! Mica is very handsome and looks like an absolute sweetheart.
Like everyone had already said, he'll fill out in no time with your wonderful care.

How did everyone react to Mica's presence?

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
I don't think I'm suppose to post today, I've tried 2 other times and have lost it all, :angry5: I don't know how that happens, but this will be my last time, maybe someones trying to tell me something. :dontknow:

Deb, thanks for the encouragement, here is a pic of Mica showing his lower jaw jetting out slightly:
Christinespictures1667.jpg

With time and calcium, hopefully it'll be fine.

I know, Gina, another beardie, maybe #7 will be the end, :roll: I have been looking for a long time for a white beardie. With my early retirement, I can putt around all day if I want, (usually the morning) and if I have to go out, I just plan my day, I really have a system. The only beardies that seemed to be affected with Mica's arrival, were Lincoln and Scarlett. Scarlett was hand waving and pacing but Lincoln:
Christinespictures1638.jpg

He'll be a yr. next month and has never had a black beard till the other day, pacing, headbobbing and showing who was boss.

Only 2 beardies were up when I got up today, it's cold and rainy so I let them sleep in, I did pull Mica out of this cave so I could keep him on a schedule, potty training and all. He ate 13 white supers, probably would have taken more, but I'm being careful not to over due the protein and stress his organs. He's not interested in salad, so he had squash during his bath, (the smell is leaving) :p had a little poop, and back to basking.

Here are a few pics:
Christinespictures1671.jpg

Can you see his pastel colors through his back shed?

Christinespictures1668.jpg

Mom, is this another new friend?

Maybe tomorrow will be a better for posting, :wink:

Monkey

Juvie Member
I didn't see this thread before he's so adorable, and I cant understand why someone keep the beardie if they gonna starve it :(
Some people really shouldnt have animals. I think they were in the business for money and when they realised it cost quite a bit too they gave up.

Either how, he is georgus and he is so spoilt already, he god a good home and I am glad to see that.. :D

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Monkey":2av6oitt said:
I didn't see this thread before he's so adorable, and I cant understand why someone keep the beardie if they gonna starve it :(
Some people really shouldnt have animals. I think they were in the business for money and when they realised it cost quite a bit too they gave up.

Either how, he is georgus and he is so spoilt already, he god a good home and I am glad to see that.. :D

Thanks, I think he's adorable as well........I'm grateful for one thing, that these folks realized they couldn't take care of these animals anymore, I hope all find a good home.

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
Awwww,Lincoln and Scarlett will adjust in no time at all.Even though he is black bearding his eyes look curious and you can even see a little "smile" in them. He is very handsome
Mica does have very beautiful pastel coloring.I can't wait to see how his colors pop after the shed :D
Btw,his jaw doesn't look too bad,I bet it will be back to normal very soon.

I'm glad the smell is going away :blob5: Did you use vinegar or did plain water do the trick?

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
puppytoes72":3ofiifvt said:
Awwww,Lincoln and Scarlett will adjust in no time at all.Even though he is black bearding his eyes look curious and you can even see a little "smile" in them. He is very handsome
Mica does have very beautiful pastel coloring.I can't wait to see how his colors pop after the shed :D
Btw,his jaw doesn't look too bad,I bet it will be back to normal very soon.

I'm glad the smell is going away :blob5: Did you use vinegar or did plain water do the trick?

Thank-you Michele, for your comments about Lincoln, I really need to update my other 2 threads, but time gets away from me. Actually, I forgot about the vinegar when I started the bath, but then I barely noticed the smell, so I just continued with the water, I do alot of belly rubbing and I think that's where most of the smell is, ie: laying on smelly urine/fecal sand in the past. :puke:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom