My new beardie always basks and

Status
Not open for further replies.

1DRAGON

Hello underoath. If you just got your Beardie, he/she may need a few days to adjust. Do not handle for at least a week. I know it's tempting, but it adds a lot more stress to what it already has. Just make sure you are up to date on care info, enclosure set up, and basking side and cool side temps. Before you know it, he/she will recognize you coming into the room, and paw at the walls to get out and spend time with you. They are the lovable puppy of the reptile world. Good luck with your new friend!

underoath7896

Original Poster
When I left the room for like five minutes and came back everyone of the crickeets were gone and when I'm in the room it just stares at me :lol:

1DRAGON

Everything sounds fine. Just a matter of getting to know you and the new surroundings. You might even want to try hand-feeding to break the ice a little faster. They are very trusting. I put my finger in front of Rex's face, and he licks me before I pick him up. Kinda like letting a dog sniff your hand before you pet it. Licking is one way they explore their environment. Most likely it will not snap at you. Normally they are very gentle creatures. Be very cautious of how you handle it. If they get stressed, before you know it they'll poop on you/clothing. It smells really bad and might stain clothing. As with any reptile, washing hands after handling in any way is important. No cases of Salmonella(sp?) poisoning has been linked to beardies, but don't take any chances. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom