My "My-my(s)" Myah found a home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shall I wag my tail and fetch that ball? No. This will not do. I think I'll sit and bask awhile, maybe all day through. Is that yarn? A funny thing. So fuzzy soft and round. Chase it? No. I will not go. There's crickets to be found! I will not sing a pretty tune. I will not bounce and hop. And if I get too tired, it's anywhere I'll plop. But please my person, mom of mine, or my daddy dear, Remember when you're gone away, I still wait right here. I love my bath, our cuddle time, you're more then just a face. Please don't ever give me to an unfamiliar place. I need you and I'll try to show how great that I can be. Even though, you may not know, if I'm he or she. Have some faith. You'll earn my trust, I swear with all my heart. It's plain to see and clear to me, here's our fresh new start.

(Inspired by a very loved little dragon.)

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
North American Jungle Beardie! :shock:

Ok, quick story. I bought the fake leaves so Myah would stop attacking her reflection while eatting. I put them in and she tried to eat them! :banghead: DUH....(to me) Ok, I gave Myah her dinner salad and she got the idea. :wink: Good. I walked away and came back an hour later to check on her and this is what I found! Laying under the leaves, right beside her reflection! :roll: You win this round Myah... 8)

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Hee hee hee! Well, with a face like that, who WOULDN'T want to look at their own reflection!?! :lol:

I've always been scared of that, with those plastic plants, if they try to eat them. :?

Oh Myah. You do not blend in with the green plants, dear. :wink:

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Dooter":275cqd0b said:
Hee hee hee! Well, with a face like that, who WOULDN'T want to look at their own reflection!?! :lol:

I've always been scared of that, with those plastic plants, if they try to eat them. :?

Oh Myah. You do not blend in with the green plants, dear. :wink:
LOL! :lol: Yes, she is ALL girl when it comes to her image! :roll: I no longer worry about the leaves. It only takes a lick or two before they get that they're not very tastey. To be fair though, I'm working on a DIY background so the leaves will only be accents. Maybe I can win one round... maybe...? Nah, that wouldn't be half as fun! :mrgreen:

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
'Sleepy Girl'

'Little Smile'

'Leaf lounge'

Thank you very much. :D I have honestly yet to see an ugly Beardie. I don't think they exsist! :wink:

'Dooter' brings up a good point bout safty and Beardies trying to eat the fake leaves. I didn't buy the 'cannabis' style to be rebellious. I bought it because it was one solid leaf instead of a bunch of little leaves stuck together. I'm not saying they can't still remove it from it's stem, but a big hard leaf is hard to swallow. I suggest the biggest one piece leaves you can find if you're going to add them :wink:

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Mommy waking up Myah with the camera...

Myah give'n mommy her 'not pleased to be woken up' look...

LOL! I just love silly sleepy poses! :lol:

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Epic shed and grumpy girl !!! :shock: Poor Myah. We were doing great when a few weeks back I discovered... Coccidia! :cry: All the months of work I had put in to her taming was undone thanks to force fed medicine :banghead: Ok, round 2. Got back into cuddling on the couch when...Kaboom! She exploded! Dried skin actually flew off her as she moved! Full body and head shed! :shock: She didn't even want to be touched. (not that I blame her) Ok, I've taken an ego beat down but, round 3. 'Ding, ding!' Lets go! :lol: Her shed is finished and I got 5mins of snuggles before she jumped back in her viv. Sigh... It's always been an uphill battle with my 'second chance dragon.' Myah has the best of the best. From a special order hood fixture to custom items to high quality foods, to well, everything I can think of. Thing is, she never asked for any of it. It's a good lesson to remember. I'll earn back our 'mom and me' time but one more parasite or shed and there will be no stopping my epic pouting!!! :eek:

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Oh Myah!!! :shock: She's a hot steaming mess! LOL @ "peeling like a banana" :lol:

I know exactly how you feel with the shedding and coccidia - you feel like you're making them itchy when you touch them, and if its not that, then you're cramming meds into their mouth. :(

Well, the shedding is always a good sign... Means she growing! And she looks all nice and bright underneath!

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Dooter":1i8gzkaa said:
Well, the shedding is always a good sign... Means she growing! And she looks all nice and bright underneath!
Thanks :D She's just starting to be Myah again. It's like she forgot we're buddies. :roll: I'm really enjoying getting back to us. Our babies just can't catch a break lately. Coccidia, Sheds and even gender! :shock: Guess it can only get better from here. :wink:

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
(A moment of peace and joy :D )

(Just whistle while you work... :lol: )

I love these pics. Just look at that pugdy belly! :D

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
*giggles*

I love the happy "half-gape" - she DOES look like she's whistling!

Have you started the meds again for the coccidia?

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hello again Dooter! :D No. I honestly have not. Her messes have returned to normal so I'm waiting til after the holiday to take a sample to the vet. Just to make sure I don't 'jump the gun.' I sure learned my lesson though! NO MORE BLUEBERRIES!!! She passed a whole Blueberry 2 full days after she had them! I should have cut it in half. It came out perfect! :shock: Her messes haven't smelled since. I don't get it though. I checked her temps twice with 2 different thermometers! All was well. So strange... :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom