My mischievous Bandit

She's the cutest little reptile I've ever seen. I never in my wildest dreams would have thought that I would own a beardie. I've always heard negative things about them. Boy, were all the things I've heard wrong... I've learned not to freak out over the small things anymore, that a reptile is a reptile and does as she pleases. I've learned how to properly care for her all because of the wonderful people on this site and I would like to thank you all for all the advice. I bought her when she was around 5 inches.. She's now over 8 :) I bought her July 24th at a Petsmart near my work.She fell off a tree when we approached the tanks and ran to the glass when I was looking at her. I would say she picked me instead of me picking her :) I did hours upon hours of research but I made my mistakes especially with those "starter kits" but now I've fixed everything and we are on our road to a healthy, long beautiful life. Without further ado, here's some pictures :)
Our first day together!
photo18-3.jpg

photo17.jpg

314004_10151955477860367_1094800957_n.jpg

photo16-3.jpg

photo15-3.jpg

photo14-4.jpg

photo13-4.jpg

photo12-5.jpg

photo11-4.jpg

418766_10151992518220367_715614676_n.jpg

423540_10152020873445367_1684641967_n.jpg

photo10-4.jpg

photo16-1.jpg

My favorite picture by far,
photo17-1.jpg

sexy leg ;)
photo15-1.jpg

photo20-1.jpg

can you find the dragon??
photo19-1.jpg

she was shedding a bandanna apparently which suits her name perfectly lol
photo18-1.jpg

photo13-1.jpg

photo12-1.jpg

Queen of the castle,
photo11-1.jpg

nom nom, crazy face,
photo10-1.jpg

photo9-2.jpg

look at those little spikes... AAAH so cute...
photo8-2.jpg

I have no idea how she kept herself up like that... I came home from work to find her sleeping like this...
photo6-1.jpg

I love her.
photo5-2.jpg

I feed the dragon a nice breakfast... How am I repaid? With a cranky dragon... :(
photo4-2.jpg

photo3-2.jpg

photo2-3.jpg

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks deb! Yeah, she's just SOO needy. Between her and my cat :roll:

And I have a rant:
I went over my bf's house today and took Bailey out and it looks like she dislocated her hip :( she doesn't like putting pressure down and it's easily movable. After probably a 2 hour argument about her health (She got really skinny, I haven't been there in a while, & he's rarely home) I bought her a new uvb to put INSIDE her tank (finally) and I bought cat bowls and gave both Benjie and Bailey supers with a lot of calcium in there. Now he doesn't have an excuse for the dragons to lose weight because he can just leave food for them in the bowls. I gave Bailey some liquid calcium and she ate about 6 dubia and 1 super. If I didn't have severe allergies at my bf's house (my throat completely closes :( and it's been 4 hours since I left and after 5 inhaler puffs, I can finally breath again) I would be there everyday. Ugh. I wish he'd move out already. Hopefully he'll continue with the liquid calcium and feedings and the poor girl will heal. Benjie was being a j e r k and kept running away from me but ate about 20 supers :) These dragons and geckos will be the end of me.

Harlow and Eve gained their appetites back!!! :)

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Too bad you don't have any more room, you could bring Baily home to take care of her. I don't think he has any excuse for not taking care of her, either. I'm busy, too, but I take care of my boys in the am, then, because of long travel time, I'm gone from 10:30a to 9:30p. So it all has to be done in the am & I do it all for 6 dragons. So what's his excuse and why does he want dragons if he's not taking care of them? That's my answer to your rant. What are you so allergic to at his place? That is such a drag for you!

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
That was our whole argument. He didnt have an excuse. I was furious. He's just super stressed lately and we've hit quite the bump on the road in our relationship. There's one thing I can't tolerate and that's someone not taking care of an animal that's dependent on you. I mean he even has MY dubia bin there. It's not like there's a shortage of bug food. Bandit annoys the hell out of me and has a hole in her foot now but I make sure she's taken care of best way I can. (Her story is in the health section) but now I'm just going to have him text me theirs meals and how many each ate. :roll:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
You keep after him, or he should give his animals to someone who can care for them, as you're right, it's not fair to the animals. That's why I have 6 dragons, they were mainly all rescued, but being me, can't re=home them ever. I'm such a suck! And being stressed out is no excuse, either. I went through my husband dying and my animals kept me sane, I'm very thankful I had them, even though it was difficult not having him home to care for them during the day. We managed to get a schedule going that was fine for all of us, as I only have 3 hrs with them in the am, then see them more on the weekend. That's also why I have only adults. But enough of me ranting, I know you've given him all kinds of hell!

snazzyglasses

Sub-Adult Member
Totally agree with you, there literally is NO EXCUSE not to take the best possible care of an animal... I've been having that issue with my fiance and Lady. He takes decently good care of her, but not excellent care. And to an animal lover like me that is completely unacceptable. Haven't quite figured out if he doesn't know better (which he could fix by doing research) or doesn't care as much as he should... He's not taking my advice and doing beardie research like I asked him to do, maybe he's expecting I'll just tell him what he needs to fix as it comes up? Which is also no excuse in my book. Lady doesn't look bad, but I do think she's lost weight. If I were her old owners I'd be displeased.
I'm not quite sure what to do with him.
:? :angry5: :? :?
But I feel your pain.

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
My bf does a lizard report to me everyday now lol It's getting better...

What a cutie! I thought Bandit was a boy and the name just stuck once I figured out she was a little lady :)

snazzyglasses

Sub-Adult Member
ohsmileb":6fofwvjr said:
My bf does a lizard report to me everyday now lol It's getting better...

What a cutie! I thought Bandit was a boy and the name just stuck once I figured out she was a little lady :)
Oooh a lizard report. :!: That's a really good idea!!! Thank you mademoiselle, you're a genius! <3
And another cutie named Bandit! :love10: What a adorable little guy! Love his colors too :)

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Lol gotta train the guys.... haha :) It's working so far but Bailey still isn't putting a lot of pressure on her leg :cry:

I loved Bandit's temp with a 75 watt bulb now she barely basks only right after eating BUT she's stopped running around like a rabid animal

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I decided I'm going to Seperate my geckos because Harlows eating habits are driving me up the wall. What's a good divider? How do I divide it? I'm so clueless :/

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom