My mischievous Bandit

She's the cutest little reptile I've ever seen. I never in my wildest dreams would have thought that I would own a beardie. I've always heard negative things about them. Boy, were all the things I've heard wrong... I've learned not to freak out over the small things anymore, that a reptile is a reptile and does as she pleases. I've learned how to properly care for her all because of the wonderful people on this site and I would like to thank you all for all the advice. I bought her when she was around 5 inches.. She's now over 8 :) I bought her July 24th at a Petsmart near my work.She fell off a tree when we approached the tanks and ran to the glass when I was looking at her. I would say she picked me instead of me picking her :) I did hours upon hours of research but I made my mistakes especially with those "starter kits" but now I've fixed everything and we are on our road to a healthy, long beautiful life. Without further ado, here's some pictures :)
Our first day together!
photo18-3.jpg

photo17.jpg

314004_10151955477860367_1094800957_n.jpg

photo16-3.jpg

photo15-3.jpg

photo14-4.jpg

photo13-4.jpg

photo12-5.jpg

photo11-4.jpg

418766_10151992518220367_715614676_n.jpg

423540_10152020873445367_1684641967_n.jpg

photo10-4.jpg

photo16-1.jpg

My favorite picture by far,
photo17-1.jpg

sexy leg ;)
photo15-1.jpg

photo20-1.jpg

can you find the dragon??
photo19-1.jpg

she was shedding a bandanna apparently which suits her name perfectly lol
photo18-1.jpg

photo13-1.jpg

photo12-1.jpg

Queen of the castle,
photo11-1.jpg

nom nom, crazy face,
photo10-1.jpg

photo9-2.jpg

look at those little spikes... AAAH so cute...
photo8-2.jpg

I have no idea how she kept herself up like that... I came home from work to find her sleeping like this...
photo6-1.jpg

I love her.
photo5-2.jpg

I feed the dragon a nice breakfast... How am I repaid? With a cranky dragon... :(
photo4-2.jpg

photo3-2.jpg

photo2-3.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I got the answer from Annalee, so here it is:

I used cardboard, Yeah. I know they make custom tank dividers somewhere but I'll have to look up the site again. I plan on getting something more permanent. I made it so the cardboard is taller than the tank and a little wider and made notches where the divider meets the lid to keep it secure. Also, when I close the tank, i make sure that the sliding lids for both sides are touching the divider so there's no room for it to wiggle back and forth.

Hope that helps.

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yes it does thank you!!

Geckos can do some damage to your finger if they grab it. Wow. Bandit never even bit me but Harlows become a little aggresive lately and isn't eating so I tried feeding her some waxworms squeezed inside out and she definitely didnt appreciate it
63A738DE-1038-4EB4-BBEB-A0E3D8706363-2971-00000318B102FEFB_zps99d67b66.jpg

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Lindz0518":2d62pgfc said:
Definitely ouch! I didn't know they could do that much damage!

It might have surprised me before Ava's first vet visit, but when Ava chomped down on the popsicle stick for the vet to test her jaw, she bit hard.

chastityx

Sub-Adult Member
i have yet to have a leo break the skin like that. that's a mean bite! only person who has seriously bitten me is bowser and he almost got the boot for that. guy tried to take my finger off when he was pmsing or something. -.-

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Ironically I was writing a Craigslist posting for them and deleted it because I wanted to keep them and 10 min later I get bit. J erk.

Anyways, here's a bandit update since I haven't been around
CA0CBA79-5D38-4D6E-B931-3DC51997C1E9-518-000000CDCBCA041B_zps988de35f.jpg

35E4D212-4932-444C-A1DB-BD3AA02131D1-518-000000CDD210F8D2_zps75011e51.jpg

A8B361FE-A139-4630-BE22-A6DDB64A485A-518-000000CDD79334EE_zpsc0f679b5.jpg

My computer like crapped out on me :(

Wow....I owned a beardie 2 years ago and sadly she passed at just under a year old to coccidia and I've kind of steered away from them just because I didn't think I was ready to try again. :cry: I stumbled across this website today and in turn, your thread about bandit. I read the WHOLE thread in one day all 92 pages. :shock: You have convinced me to finally get another beardie and I wanted to say thank you so I made this account. :D I will try my best to start a thread and upload pics of the beardie when I acquire the little booger and document our days. Thanks again and good luck with your little punks. :D

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Aw that's awesome!! I'm happy I could do that! Thank you! I will most definitely check that thread out and I'm always more than happy to give any advice or will try find the answer for you :) I know how rough coccidia is :(

ohsmileb":onrnaegp said:
Aw that's awesome!! I'm happy I could do that! Thank you! I will most definitely check that thread out and I'm always more than happy to give any advice or will try find the answer for you :) I know how rough coccidia is :(

I very much appreciate that. My birthday is Friday so I guess you could say this will be my birthday present from myself. :blob8: I still have most of the supplies left from Cleo (beardie that passed) so that's a financial chunk taken care of and I'm hoping to start a dubia colony just to save a little bit of money there. Needless to say I'm super excited for another bearded dragon. :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8:

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Happy early birthday!!! And what an awesome gift to get yourself. You're lucky you still have her old supplies (I'm sorry for your loss though) my start up costs were over 300 :(

Twobeardieguy always has good deals on dubia. I started off with his kit that was $25 or$30. You would probably have to Private message him to see if he still does those but the for most part the for sale section has good deals

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Awww, Bandit looks as great as ever, sweet bearie!

And Twobeardieguy still has a For Sale thread going & has great prices and great chow, too, that he makes himself. I've been buying the chow for over 2 years, the supers and dubia love it. I can't buy his dubia because I live in Canada and they're not allowed across the border, but I hear great things about his.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom