My beardies eye looks horrible

Jacob_wavey100

Original Poster
My beardies eye looks horrible when it dries and when it’s cleaned it looks like this… can someone help me please

Attachments

• IMG_2983.jpeg
    IMG_2983.jpeg
    155.5 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_2985.jpeg
    IMG_2985.jpeg
    193.3 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2984.jpeg
    IMG_2984.jpeg
    166 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_3051.jpeg
    IMG_3051.jpeg
    161 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_3052.jpeg
    IMG_3052.jpeg
    168.3 KB · Views: 38

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Poor thing, any idea if anything in particular caused this ? Can you get it to a vet ? Until then you can get some Terramycin eye drops or use raw honey, a few drops mixed with an equal amount of warm [ NOT hot ] water. Apply with a dropper or very gently with a Q-tip. Make sure no loose bugs in the enclosure at all.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
We need to find the cause for this --- please go over your UVB coil or long tube fixture? Any colored bulbs ? What is the brand of the basking bulb your using? NO daytime bulbs they cause eye issues

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
We need to find the cause for this --- please go over your UVB coil or long tube fixture? Any colored bulbs ? What is the brand of the basking bulb your using? NO daytime bulbs they cause eye issues
Agree with Karrie. If you have a colored or a daytime bulb it may explain why his eyes are like that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom