My Beardie Swallowed A Tiny Amount of Betadine Solution

CheetoDustedDragon

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cheeto
I just got my juvenile Bearded Dragon a few days ago and he had some tail rot. I consulted a vet and they told me to go with the Betadine solution. I did about ten drops of 10% Betadine and poured about 16 ounces of water into a small container to soak his tail in. This was the second time I've done it ever, and the second time today. They first time my beardie was very calm and did not move and inch and the soak was simple. This time around they were still for a moment and then immediately jumped off my hand and landed directly into the solution. I pulled them out in less than a second and it seems that they got a small gulp of the solution. I quickly wiped off any residue on their head to prevent any more from seeping into their eyes, nose, ears, or mouth and finished the soak with success. I made sure to give a good rinse with some Repti-safe treated water to get rid of anymore Betadine solution on their body and placed them back on their basking rock in their enclosure. I have seen a couple other forums with similar situations, but was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience or any input on the situation.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I just got my juvenile Bearded Dragon a few days ago and he had some tail rot. I consulted a vet and they told me to go with the Betadine solution. I did about ten drops of 10% Betadine and poured about 16 ounces of water into a small container to soak his tail in. This was the second time I've done it ever, and the second time today. They first time my beardie was very calm and did not move and inch and the soak was simple. This time around they were still for a moment and then immediately jumped off my hand and landed directly into the solution. I pulled them out in less than a second and it seems that they got a small gulp of the solution. I quickly wiped off any residue on their head to prevent any more from seeping into their eyes, nose, ears, or mouth and finished the soak with success. I made sure to give a good rinse with some Repti-safe treated water to get rid of anymore Betadine solution on their body and placed them back on their basking rock in their enclosure. I have seen a couple other forums with similar situations, but was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience or any input on the situation.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Did he start black bearding? He should be ok probably didn't get enough in him

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NeenaD11
Top Bottom