MY BABY WOUNT EAT

Status
Not open for further replies.

HandH

HE IS 6 MONTHS OLD WE RAN OUT OF FOOD AND WEREN'T ABLE TO GET MORE HE HAS WATER A HEAT LIGHT I GOT A UV LIGHT FROM MY OTHER TANK THERES A TREE AND A ROCK AND ONE OTHER LIZERED.

BaskingBaby

Sub-Adult Member
Sounds like a lot is going wrong here. First thing, he needs his OWN tank. Dragons are solitary creatures and living with another animal will stress them out. Second, you need a Reptisun 10.0 tube UVB light, or a MVB such as MegaRay as the UVB light. It needs to be this specific kind, or you will run into many problems such as metabolic bone disease and stunted growth, or lack of appetite. The heat light needs to get the basking spot to about 100 degrees or the dragon can't digest his food. You will need a digital thermometer with a probe - not the stick on or dial thermometers. They are not accurate. Also if you have him on any type of loose substrate like sand or calcisand, I recommend getting rid of that right away and using paper towels, shelf liner, or tiles.

Good luck. If you aren't able to get the dragon food that he needs, at least get him some greens for now until you can get bugs. Collard greens, turnip greens, or dandelion greens are a good choice, not lettuce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heidib715
Top Bottom