My Babies Are Hatching!

Status
Not open for further replies.

screemin

Frogsong":jq4dp912 said:
screemin":jq4dp912 said:
Cool babie Beardies, Once they begin to hatch how long do they take? We have our first 2 with their heads poking out of the eggs, but they look dead... it's been about 4 hrs since we first noticed the 1st one, and it was showing signs of life, but then nothing for the last 2 hrs...

Cheers

Screemin

Sorry Screemin, I didn't see this post. The babies have been keeping me busy. You probably already have your answer. But, in case you don't, some of mine took nearly two days to fully emerge after pipping. So it can take a while. :)

Thanks for replying and congrats on getting 15 from 18 (so far) Yes, all 3 have hatched, They are so small. Now we have to get them to eat.

Frogsong

Original Poster
screemin":9y0afxd5 said:
Frogsong":9y0afxd5 said:
screemin":9y0afxd5 said:
Cool babie Beardies, Once they begin to hatch how long do they take? We have our first 2 with their heads poking out of the eggs, but they look dead... it's been about 4 hrs since we first noticed the 1st one, and it was showing signs of life, but then nothing for the last 2 hrs...

Cheers

Screemin

Sorry Screemin, I didn't see this post. The babies have been keeping me busy. You probably already have your answer. But, in case you don't, some of mine took nearly two days to fully emerge after pipping. So it can take a while. :)

Thanks for replying and congrats on getting 15 from 18 (so far) Yes, all 3 have hatched, They are so small. Now we have to get them to eat.

Mine didn't eat for the first couple of days, then only a few ate on the third day. Now they are all little piglets. I tried feeding them crickets first and they didn't want anything to do with them.
They're loving the baby Dubia roaches though. :)

Frogsong

Original Poster
Here's a couple of new pictures.

I got all but 3 in one shot.
dragonbaby018.jpg

And I took this one today.

dragonbaby019.jpg

Frogsong

Original Poster
fez09":1gyw5ttk said:
Soooooooo adorable!!!! Any pics of the parents?

Here's my male.

dragon02.jpg

And here is my female.

beardie020.jpg

Both of these pictures were taken back in March. I need to get some current ones. Not that they look much different.. LOL

Frogsong

Original Poster
I am now up to 36 babies.

I would like to recommend that people not tell newbies that a females first clutch is usually infertile. All over the internet, breeders are telling people that.
Nothing could be further from the truth.

RonWill

Frogsong":9z681i64 said:
I would like to recommend that people not tell newbies that a females first clutch is usually infertile. All over the internet, breeders are telling people that.
That's good to know. Now I'm a little more hopeful when looking at those motionless eggs.
BTW, you started off with 18 eggs but how is it that you have 36 babies now?? Another clutch??!! :blob5:

Regards,
Ron

Frogsong

Original Poster
RonWill":3oxxstsc said:
Frogsong":3oxxstsc said:
That's good to know. Now I'm a little more hopeful when looking at those motionless eggs.
BTW, you started off with 18 eggs but how is it that you have 36 babies now?? Another clutch??!! :blob5:

Regards,
Ron

Yep, I wasn't expecting the first clutch to hatch, considering everything I was told and read. So I set the second clutch too. And all of them hatched as of today. The last 6 hatched almost two weeks after all the others in the same clutch. So if you have any late hatching eggs, don't give up on them. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom